Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Are there Harley Benton rugs? 
    yes - on Aliexpress

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2951
    Vintage rugs sound best but can be expensive and tricky to maintain. I use the lates generation of rug modeller. ~You can hardly tell the difference...

Horse Feed Bales Of Hay Stacked In A Stable Stock Photo - Image of

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3453
    edited March 23
    blobb said:
    Vintage rugs sound best but can be expensive and tricky to maintain. I use the lates generation of rug modeller. ~You can hardly tell the difference...

Horse Feed Bales Of Hay Stacked In A Stable Stock Photo - Image of

Good old fashioned spit and sawdust stage flooring, throw in a farmers daughter and you are well on your way to a banjo duel with a bald headed teenager hillybilly.

• PLOPPLOP Frets: 293
    I reliced a rug by putting it in my dog’s bed for six months. It’s now covered in golden retriever hairs, yellow stains i don’t want to ask him about and some chewed corners. The tone benefits are immeasurable. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7031
    tFB Trader
    This is a rig rundown on Premier Guitar for Julian Lage and there’s no mention of the rug. 
    You need to see the rug rundown
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 638
    robgilmo said:
    I can understand Ravi Shankar needing a nice Persion rug as he performed usually sitting on the floor.

Yeah but that's more for keeping snakes from going up your trouser leg. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28210
    robgilmo said:
    Punks used kitchen lino and hipsters apparantly like to use grey oak laminate.
    Interesting - I'd have guessed the hipsters would use reclaimed scaffold boards. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Sporky said:
    robgilmo said:
    Interesting - I'd have guessed the hipsters would use reclaimed scaffold boards. 
    Yeah, but they're actually cheap laminate copies. 
    The weather is crappy outside, my boy and me are bored, so , we decided to put the rug thing to the test, two mid century persian rugs, one Balouch and one Nahavand, we are going clean into Peaveys with no FX, after rocking out for a while we shall be studying the reactions from our neighbours in order to ascertain the tonal qualities of said rugs, so far its been positive.

robgilmo said:
    The weather is crappy outside, my boy and me are bored, so , we decided to put the rug thing to the test, two mid century persian rugs, one Balouch and one Nahavand, we are going clean into Peaveys with no FX, after rocking out for a while we shall be studying the reactions from our neighbours in order to ascertain the tonal qualities of said rugs, so far its been positive.

You need bare feet to get the full effect. 
    Kurtis said:
    robgilmo said:

You need bare feet to get the full effect. 
    Totally, you never wear shoes on a nice rug, all my socks have holes in so I am nearly there, kind of like crocks but mate from material rather than plastic.
    Kurtis said:
    Sporky said:
    robgilmo said:
    The splinters from real wood makes hipsters faint. God forbid a hipster would ever step on lego!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    IIRC this was one of the first things I ever asked about when I joined the MusicRadar forum (yes, thewhatnow?). 
    I think probably helps reduce joint fatigue and covers over cables. Also look a bit exotic and can help define your space on stage. 
    I occasionally wonder what the response would have been had I turned up to a pub gig with an IKEA rug rolled up under my arm. Drummers do but then without some rug/carpet underneath a drum kit can start walking across a hard floor. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    I have two squares of carpet that I got from Collingwood and Batchelor in Horley if we pay an uncarpeted venue (The Swan in Crawley for instance) they are a godsend, drumkit goes on one and the other one goes wherever it will fit. It improves the sound for sure.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22837
    robgilmo said:
    Kurtis said:
    Sporky said:
    robgilmo said:
    The splinters from real wood makes hipsters faint. God forbid a hipster would ever step on lego!
    Yeah, they should man up and step on those splinters.  Or perhaps wear shoes.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11696
    Nowt wrong wi' Persian styleeee rug.

New rack.jpg 874.6K
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Do we think this rug is Persian?

Worst wigs in rock and roll  - theFretBoard
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7227
    @Offset What's the guitar 2nd from the left in the rack?  Vigier?
    I like the shade of the purple Tele.
    It's this Bill. Reiver by ACG - he's up in Moffat.  The purple Tele on the left is a refinished USA Fender and the one on the right is a USA Charvel - the finish is 'Satin Plum' to be precise :-)

Reiver 2.jpg 891.3K