What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    Head 7.5kg. 1 x12 cab 18kg 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24291

Schnozz said:
    Does anyone use anything to get theirs up and into the boot of the car?
    God no!

If it needed that I would never own it in the first place! 
    Our bassist had an Ashdown combo. He couldn’t get it in the back of his car without assistance from his neighbour and a special bit of carpet to protect the paintwork/combo. Then needed help from a band member at the gig to get it out the car onto a trolley. 
    20 years ago I had an Ashdown 4x10 and it was stupidly heavy.

Took them ages to react to the lightweight cab revolution. I don’t think they thought bassists would pay quite a bit more just for a lighter cab. Neither did Darkglass.

They were both very wrong! 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10413

One thing about heavy stuff is, nothing is a one man lift so nothing is actually heavy generally. This was our gigging stuff, removed from the van for MOT 

In the picture is 

Stands case, Hardcased Ampeg 8 X 10 cab, My Marshall rack system, IEM and mic receiver rack, hardcased Fender Twin, on top is hardcased Tascam DM4600 digital desk and separate hardcased meter bridge. The PA is an Actor DX 

The only things you can realistically carry on your own are the AER acoustic amps, the mic box and the wedges. All our gear lives in the van so you don't have the hassle of loading in and out of the house which makes live a lot easier. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • HoofHoof Frets: 491
    An old Vox AC50 head…bloody heavy
    Orange 4x12…friggin back breaking.
    My Orange 4x12 hasn't been out of the flat for years. I'm not as strong as I used to be and the thought of getting it down the stairs on my own bloody terrifies me!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72369
    For guitar, Peavey Studio Pro 112 65W 1x12" with neo speaker, 14.5Kg/32lb.

For bass, Ibanez Promethean 5110 500W (250W into internal speaker) 1x10" with neo speaker, 10Kg/22lb.

But normally, nothing - I plug into whatever is there. If there isn’t one, the PA will do.

I used to have a Mesa Trem-o-verb 2x12" combo for guitar, 45Kg/98lb - it sounded fantastic, and I used to say that if it's too heavy, you're too old. Then I got old...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9677

Schnozz said:
    Does anyone use anything to get theirs up and into the boot of the car?
    God no!

If it needed that I would never own it in the first place! 
    Our bassist had an Ashdown combo. He couldn’t get it in the back of his car without assistance from his neighbour and a special bit of carpet to protect the paintwork/combo. Then needed help from a band member at the gig to get it out the car onto a trolley. 
    This is why people graduate from having groupies to having roadies - let someone else do the humping ;-)
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3968
    It's a ToneMaster Deluxe. So, like, nothing. 

(The spec sheet says 23lbs or 10.4kg)
    Same here it nearly floats out of the car when I open the boot  =)
    My drummer kindly offered to carry my Tone Master Deluxe Reverb and nearly threw it over his shoulder when he picked it up!
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Keefy said:
    octatonic said:
    Matchless Lighting Reverb combo.
    50lbs/22kg.
    Same here but at least one of those figures has to be approximate because 22kg = 48.4lb!
    Are you really nit picking me over that?
    Ok, 50lbs/22.6796 kg.

Happy now?

=) 
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 853
    Hoof said:
    An old Vox AC50 head…bloody heavy
    Orange 4x12…friggin back breaking.
    My Orange 4x12 hasn't been out of the flat for years. I'm not as strong as I used to be and the thought of getting it down the stairs on my own bloody terrifies me!
    I can’t believe how much heavier it is compared to my early eighties Marshall 4x12, sounds so much better though
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    octatonic said:
    Keefy said:
    octatonic said:
    50lbs/22kg.
    Same here but at least one of those figures has to be approximate because 22kg = 48.4lb!
    Ok, 50lbs/22.6796 kg.

Happy now?

=) 
    Thanks, much appreciated ;)
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Keefy said:
    octatonic said:
    Keefy said:
    octatonic said:
    50lbs/22kg.
    Ok, 50lbs/22.6796 kg.

Happy now?

=) 
    Thanks, much appreciated ;)
    I live but to serve...
  • DartmoorHedgehogDartmoorHedgehog Frets: 892
    edited March 23
    A ridiculous amount. Orange Rocker 30 head and open-back 2x12 with two H-magnet celestions.  Best part of 40kg according to what I can find online.

Seems insane lugging it around when I think about it, when something more modern and SS or even a modeller could sound almost the same and weigh a lot less.  But I'm attached to it.  I think if I was playing professionally and having to load it in and out pretty much every day I'd quickly get tired of it, but as an amateur who only plays out a couple of times a month plus a couple of practices it's not too bad.
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    I used to occasionally gig a 70's Orange Reverb Twin. 
    It weighed in excess of 90lbs
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • FezFez Frets: 525
    Laney loudpedal = les than my cat.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1131
    Smaller gigs - AC15: 48.5 lbs / 22 kg
    Bigger gigs - Marshall 1962 Bluesbreaker: 66 lbs / 30 kg

I use a cheap dolly from Aldi to move the Marshall. The Vox goes on a folding four wheeled cart along with my pedalboard flightcase and other stuff. The Marshall is a heavy awkward bastard, but I love it.
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    edited March 24
    My Carvin Legacy combo was 30kg, or 18+41 (59kg) for a bloody head & 4x12 cab.

I did split the combo up to make a head and 2x12 at 18 + 22, but it's still annoyingly heavy for my aged creaking body.

Now I've downsized to a mic'd-up Carvin Nomad which is lovely and only 19kg.

They even used to do a little head and 1x12 cab version of the Nomad, which I coveted, but have never managed to buy.

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
    When I used it, 21kg (Peavey 6505+). A fucker to carry around but oh so glorious when cranked through a 4x12 cab.

It was called "The Beast" for a reason.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4703

Emprize Harrier 6L6 - around 19kg.  It’s about 40w, so reasonable power to weight ratio.

I also have an MJW 5E3 with a Celestion neo, that’s probably weights about 12kg.

I may put the neo in the Emprize to spread the weight a bit but 19kg is not bad at all.