Another eBay scammer

What's Hot

Comments

• Fiddlesticks_Fiddlesticks_ Frets: 275
    Where’s Mark Allwright when you need him?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gib007Gib007 Frets: 41
    edited March 26
    This eBayer also tried to scam me on something I sold him - he claimed that it didn’t arrive, even though Parcelforce had taken a photo of the delivery.  The poor delivery driver got pulled in for an interview with the depot manager, just to be 100% sure.  Confirmed he met the eBayer at his front door on delivery! Luckily eBay sided with me.  I blocked the eBayer from buying from me again, the he got annoyed when he couldn’t buy another one of my items!
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7895
    Gib007 said:
    This eBayer also tried to scam me on something I sold him - he claimed that it didn’t arrive, even though Parcelforce had taken a photo of the delivery.  The poor delivery driver got pulled in for an interview with the depot manager, just to be 100% sure.  Confirmed he met the eBayer at his front door on delivery! Luckily eBay sided with me.  I blocked the eBayer from buying from me again, the he got annoyed when he couldn’t buy another one of my items!
    Confirmed. He’s scum!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10563
    tFB Trader
    It's up again - and I've reported it again ... 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

tFB Trader

And once again eBay they have decided that calling a very obvious Chinese Gretsch fake a 'Gretsch' completely brazenly in the body text of the advert is not in violation of their policy. 
    So there you have it in black and white ... eBay regards aiding and abetting criminality to be within their guidelines. 

I sincerely hope that those who claim eBay isn't that bad pay heed to this ... the truth is that the corporate entity of eBay doesn't give a damn about buyers or sellers, they just want their fees. Their hiding behind 'if it's fake you'll get your money back' in the knowledge that enough folks will be duped and not claim or be too embarrassed to claim and they will still have hold of your money long enough to earn interest on it. 

Disgusted   
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DDtBDDtB Frets: 60
    Sent ebay a report on the seller for breaching policy given reporting the listing doesn't work.

It's a different process they follow for that.  Worth a bash but wouldn't hold my breath.
    tFB Trader
    DDtB said:
    Sent ebay a report on the seller for breaching policy given reporting the listing doesn't work.

It's a different process they follow for that.  Worth a bash but wouldn't hold my breath.
    We can only try ... 

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2777
    Perhaps write to MPs and ask them to raise further with authorities ?
  • MartinBushMartinBush Frets: 254
    The mad thing is that having looked at that listing I now get shown other similar listings for what is essentially the same guitar, but for £289 or whatever from other sellers.

Maybe that's my punishment for reporting this one!
    tFB Trader
    sev112 said:
    I think that there needs to be a parliamentary review on both the import of fraudulent goods (guitars are the very tiniest tip of a huge iceberg) and on the hosting/enabling the sale of fraudulent goods by online trading sites. It's election year ... MPs probably won't give a stuff - but worth a try - as is starting a petition to see if we can get this debated in parliament - not just for guitars - there's everything from fake drugs to dangerous fake kids toys, not to mention fake designer gear and watches. 

I'm pretty sure eBay get away with this because technically they aren't selling the item, they are selling advertising space. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 310
    Up again but at a lower price £899 and no mention of Gretsch in the description .......... maybe he's feeling pressured lol
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    Jaycee said:
    Up again but at a lower price £899 and no mention of Gretsch in the description .......... maybe he's feeling pressured lol
    My favourite element to all this guy's listings, and others like him, is that they aren't even optimistic Buy it Now figures, they are all auction start prices as if he's expecting them to increase further amid much bidding.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9660
    Jaycee said:
    We know it has a fake Gretsch logo... I'm going to report it again.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4209
    edited March 27
    sev112 said:
     there's everything from fake drugs to dangerous fake kids toys, not to mention fake designer gear and watches. 

I'm pretty sure eBay get away with this because technically they aren't selling the item, they are selling advertising space. 
    Amazon too. It's a pain in the arse, I've given up using them to buy branded electronics. Not only do you get ripped off, some of it is bloody lethal. The snide Kindle charger that blew its front off whilst we were asleep, exposing the back of the live and neutral pins. Plugged in about a metre from where my missus was sleeping, good job it popped the breaker when it went bang.

I know a fake guitar is unlikely to endanger anyone, but people are getting mugged off with this shit and losing a lot of money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4209
    The mad thing is that having looked at that listing I now get shown other similar listings for what is essentially the same guitar, but for £289 or whatever from other sellers.

Maybe that's my punishment for reporting this one!
    It'll be a bit of machine learning, an image similarity algorithm. Kinda what I work on (not for these lot, mind!).
    tFB Trader
    Jaycee said:
    We know it has a fake Gretsch logo... I'm going to report it again.
    According to the letter of their terms ... it's not showing a Logo and not now being described as a Gretsch ... I think until there can be some sort of law change ... what we have done, which is to hound him out of trademark infringement is probably the best we can do. It pisses me off that it's still up, but then I hate con artists. I think everyone who reported the listing should pat themselves on the back ... :-) 

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27633
    You'd have to buy it, then raise a dispute with eBay for it being fake to get your refund.

Then, IIRC, you're supposed to destroy the fake item - because it's fake - rather than return it.  That definitely IIRC though, because I might have that bit wrong, I'm not at all sure of the correct and legal basis, etc.

But *IF* IRC, and that is the process, he might get a bit pissed off if his stock keeps getting sold and then trashed. 
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Fiddlesticks_Fiddlesticks_ Frets: 275
    edited March 27
    TTony said:
    You'd have to buy it, then raise a dispute with eBay for it being fake to get your refund.

Then, IIRC, you're supposed to destroy the fake item - because it's fake - rather than return it.  That definitely IIRC though, because I might have that bit wrong, I'm not at all sure of the correct and legal basis, etc.

But *IF* IRC, and that is the process, he might get a bit pissed off if his stock keeps getting sold and then trashed. 
    It’s actually tempting to go through that arduous process, get the refund and then send the guy a video of the destruction just to stick it to them a bit.
  • digtheditchdigtheditch Frets: 36
    Jaycee said:

His prices change more than the weather, so no. 

Left handed & right handed rare gear garage | Reverb UK
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    Actually, looking at their other items, the business model seems to be import Chinese counterfeits, mark them up 200% and call them “custom”. Depressing to think people that buying such crap is a good idea.

There is a guy who lives near where I work who does something similar - only buys Chibson signature models (Page, Angus, Grohl, etc), then advertises them with a chunky markup.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom