What was your worst buying or selling decision.

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• ditchboyditchboy Frets: 300
    Probably regret selling a lovely little Furch OM at a loss. I’ve let some lovely acoustics go but ultimately I’m happy with all my gear now so I never really think about anything that went the journey. I suppose the one that stung the most was when I stopped playing bass and got into guitar I sold a stunning stingray ltd edition in buttercream. At the time I needed the money to buy a nice guitar though. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    Worst buying decision - Boss Katana 50 combo. Nothing to do with cash but the countless hours I spent trying to get a usable tone out of a plie of shit.
    Katanas do have a switch on them that will make them sound a lot better. It’s located on the far right of the control panel.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    Worst buying decision - Katana Mk1. Sounded ok in the shop but in real life was pretty much impossible to get a decent sound from it.

Worst selling decision - Blackstar Studio 10 6L6. Great tone (even with the much-unliked stock Celestion 70/80). As a home / small gig amp it was brilliant. I thought I needed something with a bit more oomph and moved it on, and have regretted it since. 
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • PPPMATPPPMAT Frets: 17
    Of all the guitars I have had I really regret selling my 2000 trans Amber Les Paul classic plus - it was great and looked fabulous. Money wise I had and sold a CS Beano LP which sounded great but I didn't get on with the thin neck - should have kept that...

Worst buying decision was a PRS SC58 - I thought I wanted something even more vintage sounding than my DGT and it turned out that the DGT did the Gibson thing better than the SC58 - was a costly mistake.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7207
    Selling my original beaten up 72 Thinline Tele on here for £2.5k a few years ago then immediately regretting it leading to me buying a couple of others that just didn’t have ‘it’. Finally bought my one back on here after it had gone through a couple of fretboarders for £4k. Ouch !
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
    Selling my Mesa Mark IV…..
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    I kinda miss my Martin 000-18.  I'd convinced myself I needed a dread instead, and have ultimately ended up with a D-18 and a 12 fret 00-17s.  I probably could have managed just fine with the in-between size, but the grass is always greener....
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1059
    Selling my LA-2a. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1147
    I regret selling my Bassbreaker 18/30. The universe was crying out telling me there was better stuff out there but it sounded really great to me and for how I was using it. I think they all get lumped in together but each Bassbreaker model is totally different. The 30 watt side is supposed to be a DR preamp into a 4x el84 output. I don’t know how close to a DR the preamp was electronically I don’t think fender have released schematics
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
    best buy was as a 16 year old in 1978 buying a used WEM valve combo amp off a lad for £14  yes £14.    Worst decision was about 15 years later , when i wasnt playing at all taking the same amp to the rubbish dump as was moving house.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    my worst buying decision was NOT buying any of a plethora of iconic Tube amps and guitars back in 2006/7 when they were all a third of the price they are today!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>