Have You Ever Walked Out Of A Concert ?

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• matt_seftonmatt_sefton Frets: 812
    I walked out of a Kenny Wayne Shepherd gig at Newcastle Boilershop a few years ago. Never seen a band look so disinterested on stage before and KWS playing was totally uninspiring.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2429
    Wilco Johnson headlined at a festival me and Mrs Monster frequent annually. Was a few years ago now -he was f@ckin awful. Totally out of time with the rest of the band (only a drummer and bassist!) obviously he or they weren’t getting the IEMs signal properly (perhaps?) I thought after a couple of numbers they would have got it right but no he did the whole set out of time with the rest of the band. It was dreadful we only stayed for the first couple of songs but as we were camping we could hear the whole set from the tent. Just awful! 
    Shame really saw him many years ago in a little venue and he was awesome!
    Was that the Cambridge Folk Festival? Because his set there was exactly like that. Tragic. And he had Norman Watt-Roy on bass too.
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3353
    edited May 14
    G4pei said:

• GA20, Norwich Arts Centre - nothing much to see, all hype IMO
    I had freebies for GA20 last year in a church in chester and really looked forward to it. Whilst they were lovely guys, there was no substance to it other than cool gear.  
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 839
    Stuckfast said:
    Wilco Johnson headlined at a festival me and Mrs Monster frequent annually. Was a few years ago now -he was f@ckin awful. Totally out of time with the rest of the band (only a drummer and bassist!) obviously he or they weren’t getting the IEMs signal properly (perhaps?) I thought after a couple of numbers they would have got it right but no he did the whole set out of time with the rest of the band. It was dreadful we only stayed for the first couple of songs but as we were camping we could hear the whole set from the tent. Just awful! 
    Shame really saw him many years ago in a little venue and he was awesome!
    Was that the Cambridge Folk Festival? Because his set there was exactly like that. Tragic. And he had Norman Watt-Roy on bass too.
    No. Blimey he did a repeat performance of that! 
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 445
    JCA2550 said:
    Sparklehorse at the Theatre Royal Dublin in 2000, the sound and performances were bloody dreadful. On the plus side, the support was the truly awesome Dublin locals Frames including Glenn Hansard. Been a monster fan ever since.
    Glen Hansard is awesome
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 445

DiscoStu said:
    Smashing Pumpkins at the SECC on their Infinite Sadness tour ’96.
    I was a huge fan but they went off on so many self indulgent freestyle jams it really pissed me off and I left. 
    I also left a Pumpkins gin in Brum. Self indulgent shite unfortunately.