Alternatives to Chuck Taylors

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3000
    If you're paying £60 to £100 for a pair of Chucks, you're most likely ordering custom to your specs Chucks, it costs me just under £80 to get Chucks custom made to my specs out of leather, less during the many sales Converse do every year
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PennPenn Frets: 621
    Penn said:
    Chuck 70s. Buy on sale. They’re awesome 
    I have some 70s. The fabric covering came away from the insoles rubber bit within a couple of months. Better than the standards as they don’t crack as quickly around the toes but not worth the money really. I paid 50 on sale. 
    I’m surprised by that tbh. I’ve had a few pairs over the last few years and never had any issues beyond the odd lace breaking
    Converse are just shit generally. They are a big company just trying to make as much money as they can for the Nike shareholders. I loved them, kept wearing them but the last 20 years since Nike bought them they have gotten worse and worse. The 70s supposedly better quality should be the basic trainer but no, they up sell you it. The standard converse stuff is that bad they feel a need to try to make something bette or they feel the need to sell something more premium for more money. Whatever, shit company, can’t imagine the people working in the factories in the far east are well paid. 

Anyway rant over. I really like Novesta. 
  • LongtallronnieLongtallronnie Frets: 1201
    Every now and then I’ll buy a pair of Converse and regret it after a few days. 
    Find Vans to be far superior in comfort, quality and value - think the most I’ve ever paid is £35 in their sale and they’ve always been decent. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2898
    edited April 7
    I find Vans just as bad tbh, not very comfortable (especially when new) and they don't last for me. They always end up making squeaky noises when walking in them after a while too.

Adidas skate have always been my favourites since the Busenitz, they last forever and feel worn in straight out the box. I just get whatever model looks good that's on sale, my current pair were about £15. Other than that I like the Etnies Jameson 2 as well, again really comfy straight out the box. They didn't last as long as Adidas though.