Just spotted some good deals at Andertons

What's Hot

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Cool deal for those that got it and cool of @MarkGAK to give us the heads up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MarkGAKMarkGAK Frets: 118
    Wow. I just got to the end of this thread.

I realise that the age old maxim of "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is" should apply here, but the key word is probably. Sometimes we get offered deals that really are that good, and we can pass them on to you guys. 

In fact, here's another one.

The Jackson Limited Edition JS23 Dinky Archtop in Satin Grey was £214, and is now only £99. It's not quite as much off as yesterday's ridiculous deals, but it's a rather decent superstrat, and perfect if you want to get into modding etc.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10297
    Brilliant.I must say I'm a little bit jealous,missing out.

Congrats @Fortheloveofguitar and I'll get in first by asking if you ever want to pass one on can I have first dibs? :D
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I love the irony that this is an Andertons titled thread ;-)

Good work @MarkGAK :-)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MatthewShreddery;397961" said:
    Still waiting for mine...
    I don't think you'll get it mate

Somebody wrote on a blog that all Charvel guitars from GAK were hijacked last night
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Although the deals from GAK were not for me, I took a look and will continue to monitor. Thanks @MarkGAK for taking the time to post and hopefully this will continue to be mutually beneficial in the longer term. :-)
  • I love the irony that this is an Andertons titled thread ;-)

Good work MarkGAK :-)
    Top work indeed - excellent trolling :D

(seriously, that's how you do it)

@MarkGAK - we're still discussing it and we'll get back to you as soon as we've come up with a safe plan. In the meantime, thanks for bringing the offers here :)
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10297
    Mrs B has been asking me for the last couple of weeks what I want for my birthday and I've genuinely had no idea.I wish these offers had come out last week as my bithday passed yesterday.

I got a new coat.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MarkGAKMarkGAK Frets: 118
    I love the irony that this is an Andertons titled thread ;-)

Good work MarkGAK :-)
    Top work indeed - excellent trolling :D

(seriously, that's how you do it)

@MarkGAK - we're still discussing it and we'll get back to you as soon as we've come up with a safe plan. In the meantime, thanks for bringing the offers here :)
    Excellent. If you've got any questions, drop me a PM!
  • breakstuff;397975" said:
    Brilliant.I must say I'm a little bit jealous,missing out.

Congrats @Fortheloveofguitar and I'll get in first by asking if you ever want to pass one on can I have first dibs? :D

Yes mate you have first dibs should things not work out.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    GAK is above Anderton's for me due to the lack of Chappers. Sorry.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Huge thanks to @markGAK for the heads up.

Hoping you'll come back again with more :D
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16733
    edited October 2014

Really excellent news! I will update my Facebook so the people who had concerns are aware of the positive outcome.

my intent was not negativity and i am sorry if it came across that way. Since we have GAK staff posting here i just wanted their view on the rumours. That is all

. ...

i was disappointed that the excellent deal i posted on my feed had its link changed to a much cheaper model. Essentially, my recommendation for a really good deal got edited.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • all this thread needs now is that fella from wudtone...
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    Not he-who-shall-not-be-named, mate....
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    MarkGAK said:

I realise that the age old maxim of "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is" should apply here, but the key word is probably. Sometimes we get offered deals that really are that good, and we can pass them on to you guys. 

The Jackson Limited Edition JS23 Dinky Archtop in Satin Grey was £214, and is now only £99. It's not quite as much off as yesterday's ridiculous deals, but it's a rather decent superstrat, and perfect if you want to get into modding etc.

Let us know if the natural version drops to £99 ;)

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    MarkGAK said:

It's only £10 more...and you'll get free delivery with that!
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11318
    There are always those who won't be satisfied until GAK gives them the guitar they want for nothing and slips a couple of hundred quid into the packaging as well.

I think GAK are sensible enough to realise that if they do poo on poeple here, yea verily the poo shall be returned unto them with righteous indignation and in prodigiously larger quantities (see past threads for the poo-producing capabilities of the assembled TFBers).

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    GAK is above Anderton's for me due to the lack of Chappers. Sorry.
    and my faith in humanity is restored. For a moment I was getting worried that he may not be mentioned ;-)
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    MarkGAK said:

It's only £10 more...and you'll get free delivery with that!

Its not for me, I mentioned it to someone who was looking for a xmas pressie.