Whoops, NGD - now with pics update.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2388
    Wow that's incredible. :o It's a real shame the original owners had such problems with them :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BobHillmanBobHillman Frets: 171
    TTony said:
    To those of you who guessed Kawai ...

Shame on you!  I've certainly got more than one of those (though I'm a little uncertain as to exactly how many).  Plus they never really used any fancy tops on guitars - fairly plain maple is about as fancy as they got.

To those of you who guessed Eggle - that makes sense from the clues (I do have one of those), but is wrong.

But quite a few correct guessers, so 50p to @Sporky ;

That top is just astonishing - hope it plays & sounds as good as it looks!

How does the pickup switching work, with a 3 way toggle, and 3 pots?
  • TeflonTeflon Frets: 229
    TTony said:
    It's not like a need a new guitar.  By any rational measure, I am long past the point of needing a new guitar.

But, I have a new guitar.

In best tFB tradition, I met a dodgy bloke in a car park late last week, car boots were opened, goods (and cash) were exchanged, and we went our happy separate ways.

In my boot for the return journey was a guitar.  Let's play a game ...
    • It's in a branded Hiscox case
    • It's beautifully made with top quality materials
    • The top is a piece of wow on its own scale, one that would make Mr P Smith jealous
    • This is not my first one of this brand, I had 4 at one point, but was down to 1 before this acquisition
    • Sadly, I can be a lot happier with it than the original owner would ever have been able to be
    Guess away. 

I'll do some pics when the sun realises that it's spring now, and it's time to make an appearance.
    You never need justification to get a new guitar  =). I'm picking up ne myself tomorrow, which is also by any rational measurent needed  :#. Like yours, it also comes in a branded Hiscox case  :)

Cliff
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27825

How does the pickup switching work, with a 3 way toggle, and 3 pots?
    There's a push/pull on the "bottom" pot to engage/disengage the  middle p'up.

So you have the standard neck / both / bridge and then neck+middle / all / bridge+middle combinations from the 3-way.  The middle adds a surprisingly different tone.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4213
    Congrats Tony, I’m glad you’re liking it too - I forgot your other one was the koa-top, that’s a killer pair!

The central neck splice on this is almost-certainly walnut - Nathan often used that on his necks and as a thin veneer between tops and backs too. 

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27509
    Boom! The new one is a looker for sure - that top is nuts!!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 852
    Sensational! Congrats 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27825
    Boom! The new one is a looker for sure - that top is nuts!!
    Neilybob said:
    Sensational! Congrats 
    Nathan had a supply of some incredible timbers, but that is probably the nicest of the ones that I've had in my hands.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.