SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27695
    "Usually dispatched within 3 to 7 months"
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7373
    They were actually available earlier but someone bought all the last ones and stuck them on eBay for £80 posted. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14575
    Insert your own Essex Recording Studio profiteering joke here.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4212
    DefaultM said:
    They were actually available earlier but someone bought all the last ones and stuck them on eBay for £80 posted. 
    Oh no ,   Love the Dimarzios 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SvartmetallSvartmetall Frets: 718
    DefaultM said:
    They were actually available earlier but some utter musician-gouging douchebag bought all the last ones and stuck them on eBay for £80 posted. 
    Fixed that for you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4172
    edited May 1
    TTony said:
    "Usually dispatched within 3 to 7 months"
    Gives me time to build a guitar for it then!

*edit* ordered!
  • Power_FreakPower_Freak Frets: 199
    "
    Output wattage100 Watts
    "

That'll distort your amp for sure...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 836
    edited May 9
    It’s a bridge, pickup with a stupid polespacing of 48.64mm which is too narrow, even for a Gibson.

in fact DiMarzio F spacing at 51mm is perfect for a Les Paul (and their normal spacing is perfect for an LP neck position)

https://i.imgur.com/7OE2611.jpeg

so making a super distortion so narrowly spaced imho is crazy - even if you play a Gibson, you really need an F-Spaced (DiMarzio) bridge pickup. (Sonically there may be no difference on an LP - but there will be if you put one of the in the bridge position of a 56mm Strat)

IMG_9550.jpeg 166.5K
    IMG_3053.png 708.8K
  • Everythingon10Everythingon10 Frets: 39
    jaymenon said:

so making a super distortion so narrowly spaced imho is crazy - even if you play a Gibson, you really need an F-Spaced (DiMarzio) bridge pickup. (Sonically there may be no difference on an LP - but there will
    ne if you put one of the in the bridge position of a 56mm Strat)

Yeah, even lots of Gibsons come with F-spaced pickups as standard: the 498T, 490T, and 500T pickups are all made with 52mm spacing, and between them they probably represent the majority of bridge pickups factory-fitted to Gibsons over the last 30 years. I don't really get why anyone bothers to produce narrow spaced bridge pickups anymore apart from vintage repros. If I'm buying a new pickup I always order it F-spaced because I know it'll work in any guitar.

That said I also had a narrow-spaced Bare Knuckle VHII in a Strat for years and I only found out when I sold it and the buyer pointed out that it wasn't F-spaced. So generally I think people worry too much about this stuff. All the classic early 80s rock albums had narrow pole spaced humbuckers in Strats and superstrats and no one ever goes "Number of the Beast/Panama/Rock of Ages would sound so much better if only they'd had F-spaced humbuckers back then."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2
    Genuine DiMarzio SD for one third of MSRP sounds too good to be true. 

There is an Amazon DiMarzio shop. The £33 humbucker offer is not listed there.

The three to seven months delivery time smacks of goods arriving on a slow boat from China. 

Caveat emptor.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 205
    edited May 2
    Bought for japes! I'll let you know in November when it arrives. And it appears to be the last one.

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    The people who bought them when they were next day delivery have got them. The people who ordered them on a 3-5 month wait time will, I suspect, never get them.

The guy who bought them to immediately re-sell on eBay is clearly a knobhead.

I have spoken.
  • HydraHydra Frets: 21
    Now showing as £88 and 4 in stock...
  • uksaint7uksaint7 Frets: 314
    Genuine DiMarzio SD for one third of MSRP sounds too good to be true. 

There is an Amazon DiMarzio shop. The £33 humbucker offer is not listed there.

The three to seven months delivery time smacks of goods arriving on a slow boat from China. 

Caveat emptor.
    These were being sold direct by Amazon. Amazon do not play by the 'conventional' retailing rules, they are ruthless and quite happy to make a loss on some products from time to time to suit their end objectives of complete domination. At the expense (and demise) of their smaller competitors I should add.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27695
    uksaint7 said:

Amazon do not play by the 'conventional' retailing rules, they are ruthless and quite happy to make a loss on some products from time to time to suit their end objectives of complete domination. At the expense (and demise) of their smaller competitors I should add.
    Amazon play - very successfully - by the rules of capitalism and consumerism.  Any retailer will generally do the same when they need to shift unsold stock or turn some balance sheet asset into cashflow.

And many of us - customers - are very happy to support Amazon when we can save 50p.  In this case sounds like Amazon enabled someone to play some more of the capitalist game by buying low and eBaying high.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 205
    Well, if I don't get on with it I'll... PUT IT ON REVERB ;-)

But I suspect it's going to end up making my daughter's Squire Mustang very nasty indeed...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 836
    shed load of them have appeared on eBay…

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7373
    Could have stuck them up at £55-£60 and had over 50% ROI and a quicker sale but no. 
    Every time I look at the Amazon image, I cannot help noticing:
    1) the enormous blob of resin glue that fastens the bar magnet.
    2) the rolled over edge of the bobbins looks wrong.
    3) the baseplate hole for the output cable looks wide and L-shaped (i.e. generic Asian) whereas the hole in a DiMarzio is circular and only slightly larger than the cable insulation.

An underside view of the £33 humbucker would be useful. It could show two cable holes at diagonally opposite corners. DiMarzios have one hole.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    Every time I look at the Amazon image, I cannot help noticing:
    1) the enormous blob of resin glue that fastens the bar magnet.
    2) the rolled over edge of the bobbins looks wrong.
    3) the baseplate hole for the output cable looks wide and L-shaped (i.e. generic Asian) whereas the hole in a DiMarzio is circular and only slightly larger than the cable insulation.

An underside view of the £33 humbucker would be useful. It could show two cable holes at diagonally opposite corners. DiMarzios have one hole.

It's a stock image, Amazon don't take photos of the items they sell. The same image is shown elsewhere on the internet.