• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2406
    Schnozz said:
    Offset said:
    A £4k Strat/Tele copy?  Nah.
    Nah for a £4k Strat/Tele full stop.
    Just chump change my ol' grumpies.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarmanessex89guitarmanessex89 Frets: 152
    Just picked up a second hand Anderson T. https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/px240329421507006--tom-anderson-drop-top-t-candy-orange-rosewood-fingerboard-pre This one, in fact. Fantastic guitar. Enough Tele for me, with great dynamics. Also enough grunt to hang in a rock band with a HSS Strat and Gibson types. Andersons always seem to play wonderfully. If they had an equivalent to my Suhr Classic antique when I bought that back in 2016, I’d probably have that instead. I did own a HDTC that was insanely high quality, but the tones were just a bit modern for me. All that said- a Classic Antique must be a hand less than the model posted, or literally half the price second hand? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 6
    Very nice @guitarmanessex89 Ignore the ever clueless GG cos its actually a Classic T Contoured in Sparkle Orange and not a Drop Top T in Candy Orange. Welcome to the TAG club.
    Strat54 said:
    Very nice @guitarmanessex89 Ignore the ever clueless GG cos its actually a Classic T Contoured and not a Drop Top T. Welcome to the TAG club.
    Thanks, it’s my favourite T to date. It has enough of that character, without the compromises that can make them hard work. I played it and drove home with major GAS. Watching the long Dann Huff interview with Vertex recently swayed me. Worth a watch to any guitar player for some inspiration! 
    The VA Booster pull on the tone knob is always a welcome addition too...gives you 4db extra.
  • bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 898
    Just picked up a second hand Anderson T. https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/px240329421507006--tom-anderson-drop-top-t-candy-orange-rosewood-fingerboard-pre This one, in fact. Fantastic guitar. Enough Tele for me, with great dynamics. Also enough grunt to hang in a rock band with a HSS Strat and Gibson types. Andersons always seem to play wonderfully. If they had an equivalent to my Suhr Classic antique when I bought that back in 2016, I’d probably have that instead. I did own a HDTC that was insanely high quality, but the tones were just a bit modern for me. All that said- a Classic Antique must be a hand less than the model posted, or literally half the price second hand? 
    That is really lovely. Congratulations
    Thanks. Not something I’d go for from just a pic, but was struck with how it played and sounded… and it has its own style. Used the VA booster at a gig last night - it’s not what you’d expect. It’s more a thickener than driving the amp harder. Found it really useful on the middle position with the volume rolled back. Shaves off some of the higher frequencies. A bit like having a compressor on. It won’t push you into super gainy territory. 
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2208
    I like the dark green HSH Strat with the tort guard. 
    I don’t £4.2k like it. 

Having said that, I’ve just seen you get a gig bag too. 

Hmmmm. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4324
    Nerine said:
    I don’t £4.2k like it. 

Hmmmm. 
    I don’t understand the very expensive guitar + gig bag combo. 

I’m looking at a couple of Mayones at the moment. Paying 3k and not getting a hard case is ridiculous. Better be a lovely gig bag! 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 847
    edited May 8
    CHRISB50 said:
    Nerine said:
    I don’t £4.2k like it. 

Hmmmm. 
    I don’t understand the very expensive guitar + gig bag combo. 

I’m looking at a couple of Mayones at the moment. Paying 3k and not getting a hard case is ridiculous. Better be a lovely gig bag! 
    a lot of Suhrs come with gig bags not cases.  I have to say the one that I got with my Suhr Modern (sold now) offrend more protection than the generic hard cases of my PRS, CS Strat and TA despite being soft.  The only real benefit of the hard case is you can stack them in a car.
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2226
    I'd rather have a quality gig bag than a hard case.  Especially the massive rectangular cases with flimsy latches you get with Fender CS, that don't even provide much protection.  
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11993
    Fishboy7 said:
    I'd rather have a quality gig bag than a hard case.  Especially the massive rectangular cases with flimsy latches you get with Fender CS, that don't even provide much protection.  
    A Hiscox hard case would be an inexpensive offering from the manufacturer of a £4k guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4893
    edited May 8
    Defo prefer a decent gig bag to a case, the Suhr one is the equivalent of a Mono really, can't see the TA one being shit.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

TA have a new gigbag that's just come out with their logo on the front. Personally I prefer the hard cases but only because I have some old leather Reunion Blues gigbags from the 90's I use when out and about. 
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1307
    Since a decent gig bag can cost more than a hard case these days I feel it would be fair to let the customer choose what they prefer. Not a real saving for the manufacturer if they choose to supply a gig bag unless they have them made cheaply?
    Probably easier to handle if ordering directly from a manufacturer though, would be a logistics nightmare for retailers to stock both. 
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1474
    The issue I have with gig bags - ANY gig bags - is the lack of crush protection. I have a Mono M80, and there's no way I'm putting that in a splitter van. I wouldn't even put it into storage, to be honest.

Given a Hiscox Pro Series is cheaper I can't understand why manufacturers don't offer them more often with their guitars. They're MILES better than the ubiquitous G+G cases. 

Nowadays I pretty much factor an extra £150 into the price of any new guitar for a Hiscox.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2521
    MusicMan have stopped hard cases entirely, all gigbags now. Honestly it’s sort of put me off, especially when all their shapes are so unusual it’ll be almost impossible to get a suitable aftermarket 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1307
    elstoof said:
    MusicMan have stopped hard cases entirely, all gigbags now. Honestly it’s sort of put me off, especially when all their shapes are so unusual it’ll be almost impossible to get a suitable aftermarket 
    Have they really? That's shite. The cases they supplied allowed for a whammy bar to be left fitted while guitar was in the case. Nice little design thing that made them unique. The super sport I bought recently came in a Gator case and it's a different story.  
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10689
    tFB Trader
    Offset said:
    A £4k Strat/Tele copy?  Nah.
    Exactly what I thought ... 

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message