New Tom Andersons at Peach

What's Hot
Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2247
I've never been a massive fan of the flamey drop-tops and TAs classic Strats and Teles always looked a bit boring ,....  but these new Icons look bloody nice!!    I'm pretty tempted by the blonde Tele , ......  What do you chaps think?  

https://www.peachguitars.com/tom-anderson-icon-classic-satin-bullitt-green.htm

https://www.peachguitars.com/tom-anderson-t-icon-satin-organic-grain-butterscotch-w-brown.htm

https://www.peachguitars.com/tom-anderson-icon-classic-satin-organic-grain-sonic-blue-with-brown.htm

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4956
    That neck join though....... Wow

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 910
    I had a top T classic that I traded but soon regretted. That was before the T icon and now I would love one of those. I have a Raven that I got from @allen in March and have not played anything else since.
    I got a quote from Peach but the surf green one they have in is pretty close to what I would have ordered. 
    Not sure what way to finance or proceed. 
    Quite the dilemma.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23507
    I like them, but the matching of the grain patterns on the two-piece ash bodies is surprisingly shoddy.
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2247
    I had a top T classic that I traded but soon regretted. That was before the T icon and now I would love one of those. I have a Raven that I got from @allen in March and have not played anything else since.
    I got a quote from Peach but the surf green one they have in is pretty close to what I would have ordered. 
    Quite the dilemma.

This one?   

Stunning guitar!
  • aconitethrillaconitethrill Frets: 78
    I count a hollow T amongst the ‘ones-that-got-away’ list. Stunning guitars. 
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2431
    edited May 5
    I picked up an Icon T a couple of years back for £2300, great guitars. I have a handful of TAGs now. Not a huge fan of satn finishes though but the butterscotch T is a stunner. Its been there a while too. Have a look on Reverb for the Rustic Brown Icon T....so classy. 

https://reverb.com/item/74053953-tom-anderson-t-icon-2023-satin-rustic-brown?utm_source=rev-ios-app&utm_medium=ios-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=74053953
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 726
    Good to see Jurgen Klopp has got himself some work lined up for his post-Liverpool life:

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12319
    A £4k Strat/Tele copy?  Nah.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    Half the price of a Masterbuilt FCS. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 312
    Strat54 said:
    Half the price of a Masterbuilt FCS. 
    Half the price of something outrageously expensive. What a deal! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarajguitaraj Frets: 52
    Would love a TA. Tried a second hand Angel at Coda some time back and loved almost everything about it (especially the low weight and the neck carve) but I don’t really like 24 frets and it seemed like £3k was a lot to drop secondhand and still have a niggle about the spec. 

I tried speccing a Classic but the new price made me weep. 

One day…
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27531
    The green Strat is ace. I've always liked TAs as far as superstrats go. Would definitely look at them if I was in the market
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    edited May 6
    Fishboy7 said:
    Quite the dilemma.

This one?   

Stunning guitar!
    Yes, it looks great has one of the neck profiles I like and has heavy frets. However, I wonder if I would prefer a slab rather than contoured body. 
    If I custom order, Peach won't take a trade in. Also, you lose most of the distance selling protections.
    From my quote a custom order is much the same price as these.

I had previously asked for a quote from World Guitars but something happened and the dealership went to Rebellion Guitars (???). I gave up trying to contact them.

Strat54 said:
    I picked up an Icon T a couple of years back for £2300, great guitars. I have a handful of TAGs now. Not a huge fan of satn finishes though but the butterscotch T is a stunner. Its been there a while too. Have a look on Reverb for the Rustic Brown Icon T....so classy. 

https://reverb.com/item/74053953-tom-anderson-t-icon-2023-satin-rustic-brown?utm_source=rev-ios-app&utm_medium=ios-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=74053953
    Could you tell us a bit more about the spec of your Icon?
    Its a fairly standard blackguard look with the Fender nut width and just a tad more meat on the neck profile, but I have since had TA send me a new pickguard, middle Strat style pickup to complement the TF pickups and pull/push tone pot to add middle pickup rather than having a 5 way switch. They're very accomodating and Tom always sorts me out, been a customer for 33 yrs.

Guitar Model:T IconScale Length:Traditional (25 1/2-inch)Body Wood:AlderBody Finish:Translucent ButterscotchNeck Wood:Caramel MapleNeck Finish:Natural Satin Headstock, Natural Satin BackNeck Back Shape:Even-Taper +.030Nut Width:1 5/8-inchFrets:MediumHardware Color:ChromeBridge:Traditional 3 Saddle - compensatedPickups:TF1 TF3Pickguard:BlackSwitching:3-Way with VA Booster on Push/Pull

• allenallen Frets: 745
    I was all set to buy one of the icon strats that they had in stock. but it seems to have sold so that plan is out of the window. I've got 2 TAs at the moment and they are well made, highly playable guitars.

In a way it would have given me a bit of a dilemma though. Over £4k for a bolt on strat copy is quite a chunk of change.

@bacchanalian Glad to hear you're enjoying the Raven!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 854
    edited May 6
    Fishboy7 said:
    I've never been a massive fan of the flamey drop-tops and TAs classic Strats and Teles always looked a bit boring ,....  but these new Icons look bloody nice!!    I'm pretty tempted by the blonde Tele , ......  What do you chaps think?  

https://www.peachguitars.com/tom-anderson-icon-classic-satin-bullitt-green.htm

https://www.peachguitars.com/tom-anderson-t-icon-satin-organic-grain-butterscotch-w-brown.htm

https://www.peachguitars.com/tom-anderson-icon-classic-satin-organic-grain-sonic-blue-with-brown.htm

That Ticon butterscotch has been there a long time.   i was going to go down and try it in Feb....... I ended up picking up a PJE Oz first though.

I have a cobra-S P90 loaded and love the neck - the T-icon has the same neck.  Im sure I would have had that guitar if Id had chance to get to peach before I got to Music Street (where I picked up the PJE).

My TA is a better guitar than my PRS CU22 or my strat.  Its on par with the PJE. 

• daisie_guitardaisie_guitar Frets: 135
    My TA is a better guitar than my PRS CU22 or my strat.  Its on par with the PJE. 
    How is it better?
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2009
    Offset said:
    A £4k Strat/Tele copy?  Nah.
    Nah for a £4k Strat/Tele full stop.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 854
    How is it better?
    Probably just personal - or that Ive had my PRS for 25 years lol (though Ive had my TA for 8 now).  

For me it plays better, feels better, and sounds better for my tastes (which have changed over the years).  The playability is more to do with the wide neck on the PRS and the body shape (no belly cut) which changes how it sits on me.   I much prefer the neck carve on the TA to the PRS, I like the SS frets, and I love P90s more than HBs.  It resonates more than the PRS or strat too - its more alive.

Im sure for others it could easily be the other way round.