Eurovision 2024

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31862
    prowla said:
    Offset said:
    Each to their own and all of that, but it's total garbage.  And the way the Israeli contestant was treated was nothing short of despicable.
    She was there representing the country, not herself and the song’s previous lyrics were political and had to be sanitised; it would’ve been better if they’d been booted out, but that decision was not taken. 
    Given the threats made, the protection measures were appropriate and if there were any attempts planned they didn’t come to fruition. 
    I’m sure she’s fine as a person but she was there as a figurehead of the state. 
    She's also a Russian, singing for Israel, just to add to the bingo card of pariah states. 
     It's not really surprising that there were protests.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4984
    Seems like things weren't so great behind the scenes:

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14721
    stufisher said:
    I don't think Israel will do well given current political climate and world affairs :anguished: 
    Any viewer, voting for any entry other than Israel, will be hunted down by zealots and branded as an Anti-Semite.
    This is now happening. The Israeli team has publicly accused the audiences and other contest entrants of "hatred".
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4984
    stufisher said:
    I don't think Israel will do well given current political climate and world affairs :anguished: 
    Any viewer, voting for any entry other than Israel, will be hunted down by zealots and branded as an Anti-Semite.
    This is now happening. The Israeli team has publicly accused the audiences and other contest entrants of "hatred".
     "Hatred" is such a stupid word for them to use when the backdrop is the IDF.

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19293
    edited May 16
    tony99 said:
    Thought the weird dutch entry had a touch of the Savilles about him when the semi was on the other day; nerdy blonde bowl cut, tracksuit and rose lens sunglasses. He was even pictured in front of some sort of noncebus.
    You really aren't very zeitgeisty & 'down with the kids' are you? (me neither, but let's just go with it...).
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/d3nx5a/inside-europes-biggest-mullet-festival
    https://www.mulletfest.com.au/mulletfest-2024-grand-final/