Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Blackstar Fly 3 Mini Amp

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    TTBZ said:
    Would you guys take this over a THR10 for low volume playing? I tend to only use 1 or 2 sounds from my amp so the extra models, fx etc on the thr don't bother me. I just want a good usable British rock distorted tone and half decent clean. 
    I've said it before but my tupance is that the THR sounds superficially better to start with but I find the sound grates after time, too much untameable harsh high end, and it also feel wrong under the fingers, almost like you are triggering samples.

The reason a like the Fly for sofa noodlin is because it feels like an amp (in miniature) under the fingers.

But loads love the THR so what do I know.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    edited August 2016
    TTBZ said:
    Would you guys take this over a THR10 for low volume playing? I tend to only use 1 or 2 sounds from my amp so the extra models, fx etc on the thr don't bother me. I just want a good usable British rock distorted tone and half decent clean. 

The Fly is not really suitable for being your only amp, despite how good it is for its size. The Yamaha is five times the price so hopefully has a bit more going for it. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom