Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Finished First guitar build. Shiny then not so shiny.

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3905
    edited December 2014
    I hear you both. Like I say, I reckon I could do it. But I've spent so little and got something that feels so nice I want to now spoil it with the best set up I can possibly get. It just feels a little too technical for me and I just think I'd miss something. This guy is a reputable builder and does stuff for some big guns so I feel it's the right thing to do at this stage.
    Cheers for your suggestions. I'm off to watch those vids
    ;)
    Edit: Any more 'feels' in that post and I'd be fondling myself!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Actually, I do understand the thought to spoil the guitar a bit and give it the professional set up treat, why not? :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Totally your choice man and I understand you wanting the best. If I go get mine done I might ask if I can sit in and see how it's done
  • Deadman said:
    Cheers for the positive words gents. I've messaged my local tech now, a guy called Steve Kendall who lives in Oxfordshire, so looking forward to getting a set up sometime soon hopefully. I'm also on the prowl for a befitting hard case.

@simonbeckwith, it's a solder lug. A very kind forumite gave it to me (Steve Robinson, revered Manchester Guitar Tech), but you can buy them here for the princely sum of 13p each:
    http://www.digikey.co.uk/product-detail/en/910/910K-ND/317251
    Again, it wasn't my idea to simply put the bridge pup screw through the solder lug screw hole. I googled it (as with most of the jobs on this build!)

Nice one, I'll get some ordered!
    edited December 2014
    Really putting it through it's paces tonight. I can't believe the tone of these Nocasters. The bridge is knock out. My Pearl Jam songs actually sound like PJ songs for the first time; can't get a bad sound out of my THR. I'm so glad I put this together, just can't believe it's home made!
    Edit: It's obviously got a hell of a lot to do with the Mojo control set up too. Just awesome in every way.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bit late ;) but what a great build thread. .well done indeed. .
    edited December 2015
    Thanks @marktheharp, its had some relicing done now. Gotta say, love or hate it, I thoroughly enjoyed doing this:
    http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f270/mightylav/018_zpst5i0x4sz.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Well done, that looks fantastic.
  • That looks REALLY good - and usually I'm not a fan of relicing.  Very subtle and genuine-looking  :)>-
    ....and I'm still in love with the 51 CS Nocasters. They're highly recommended. I dont think I'll ever get rid of this now, 13 months is quite a long time to own a guitar for me. God knows how much I'd have to pay Fender for the equivalent spec! Thanks for the kind comments again gents, I appreciate it.
  • Andyjr1515;897109" said:
    That looks REALLY good - and usually I'm not a fan of relicing.  Very subtle and genuine-looking  :)>-
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Aye, still many Awesomes. :)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."