Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

best ever live album?

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• I really like Aerosmith's "Little South of Sanity", personally. I also think AC/DC's "Live" is pretty smashing. And I do quite like Bonamassa's Vienna acoustic album. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    1. Robyn Hitchcock & the Egyptians - Gotta Let this Hen Out  
    2. The Ramones - It's Alive
    3. Rain Parade - Beyond the Sunset
    +1 each for the Robyn Hitchcock and Rain Parade. 

The Rain Parade's Emergency Third Rail Power Trip would be one of my Desert Island albums- a 29 year love affair! One of my biggest regrets as a gig-goer is that in 1985 I had enough cash to go and see either The Rain Parade or The Hoodoo Gurus at Newcastle Riverside. I went for the Hoodoo Gurus. great gig, by the way, but I really wish i'd gone the other way. Sigh.

BTW @freakboy1610 have you heard any of the Rain Parade bootlegs that are kicking about the Interweb? Not as polished as the official one, but very good, some of them. Actually, there's one that is allegedly the Newcastle gig I missed :(
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2928
    drwiddly said:

What a great thread!

Rather than add about 50 +1's (which would be very easy), I'll just put in a couple that haven't been mentioned:

MSG - One Night At Budokan

Threshold - Critical Energy

Pagan's Mind - Live Equation

Wishbone Ash - 30th anniversary concert

Never in a million years did I think I'd see Pagan's Mind or Threshold mentioned on this forum.
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
    edited November 2013
    :D
    dogload said:
    1. Robyn Hitchcock & the Egyptians - Gotta Let this Hen Out  
    2. The Ramones - It's Alive
    3. Rain Parade - Beyond the Sunset
    +1 each for the Robyn Hitchcock and Rain Parade. 

The Rain Parade's Emergency Third Rail Power Trip would be one of my Desert Island albums- a 29 year love affair! One of my biggest regrets as a gig-goer is that in 1985 I had enough cash to go and see either The Rain Parade or The Hoodoo Gurus at Newcastle Riverside. I went for the Hoodoo Gurus. great gig, by the way, but I really wish i'd gone the other way. Sigh.

BTW @freakboy1610 have you heard any of the Rain Parade bootlegs that are kicking about the Interweb? Not as polished as the official one, but very good, some of them. Actually, there's one that is allegedly the Newcastle gig I missed :(

Link to my trading feedback
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
    edited November 2013
    What I meant to say @dogload was that I saw them in London in 85. I was 17 and it was my first proper gig. Awesome! Got 5 or 6 boots but not Newcastle I'm afraid. Live in SF 2012 is great too. They've still got it.
    Link to my trading feedback