Children terrify me

What's Hot
14567810»

Comments

• Congratulations! Glad to hear everyone is ok.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12387
    It will change your life in loads of ways and you as a person. For the better generally!  

Congrats
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Awesome stuff. Not a parent myself, but very happy for you guys!

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920
    That's a good-sized lad!  My grandson Jack was born nearly 4 weeks ago, 6 lb 12 at birth, he's up to 7 lb 7 now.

Best wishes to you and Mrs MD, and welcome young Thomas - here's hoping all are well!

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24809
    @Adam_MD - congratulations. Coincidently, my son was born at 5.25am - if he brings you anything like the joy James has brought to me - you’ll be blessed :)
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    Awesome news, congratulations it’s one year since our daughter was born and just over 10 for my son...... love them more than words can express. Enjoy every moment, even the poonami.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Thanks everyone here’s to day 1 at home.  @ThorpyFX I’ve been warned about the poonami but I don’t think anything will prepare me for it happening.   =)
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3493
    I skipped through the seven pages, did the OP have a kid then?
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    Just had a quick look at the front page, sorry, got two kids so dont have time to read 7 page threads, congrats man, the rest of your life begins now, enjoy. I was one of these dont want kids guys, the only thing I regret is not having them sooner! Being a dad is the coolest thing ever.
  • richcolrichcol Frets: 12
    Congrats. They are absolutely brilliant. Was just looking over some photos the other day of my now 3 year old son as a new born and it does fly by so enjoy it all.  
    Dude, if you need a tip, when he is walking ,  before switching on any amp/music play back device, check the volume switch, I have a few blown amps/speakers from not doing this, toddlers love buttons and always seem to leave the volume at full. I spend ages setting up my amp to sound good at low volumes, next day its all set to ten!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Congratulations! Welcome to parenthood and a life of worry and joy =)
  • Kids are not that bad, y'know. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    ...watching 5 year olds playing with a petrol chain saw in the garden is quite terrifying...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Dude, if you need a tip, when he is walking ,  before switching on any amp/music play back device, check the volume switch, I have a few blown amps/speakers from not doing this, toddlers love buttons and always seem to leave the volume at full. I spend ages setting up my amp to sound good at low volumes, next day its all set to ten!
    Surely that’s where it really sounds at its best though :-)
  • randersonranderson Frets: 187
    edited August 2018
    robgilmo said:
    In addition to the above. Toddlers love to stick pencils through the cone of amp speakers. On that note I'm looking for a Jenson 10" 8ohm?

Maybe, this could be a new thread - Worst things my kids have done to my gear
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    My son took his toy car and bashed the shit out of my LP with it, dozens of little dents on an otherwise flawless Black finish, I had to laugh. 
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Well I won’t have to worry about those problems for a few years and im lucky enough to still have a room with all my gear setup which I can close to keep kids out.  I suppose if I had to I can always lock it.  

The bigger worry at the minute is trying to get him to sleep at night and for his mum (and me) to manage to get some sleep.  At least I’m off work for three weeks and have no where to go.  
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12387
    randerson said:
    robgilmo said:
    In addition to the above. Toddlers love to stick pencils through the cone of amp speakers. On that note I'm looking for a Jenson 10" 8ohm?

Maybe, this could be a new thread - Worst things my kids have done to my gear
    My son pushed my THR5 off a table and it largely survived except the input jack is at a 45 degree angle and you have to push something behind it to get the power to come on.  He also put an unsightly scratch over the front of my satin finish simon and patrick acoutic, and broke the volume knob on my semi hollow.  He's in a home now (not really)