Children terrify me

What's Hot

Comments

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    randomhandclaps;428773" said:
    thomasross20 said:I was recently asked to join a special club but just don't have the time! 

Kids don't necessarily stop people swinging, you just need a reliable babysitter.

@Adam_MD, in true forum spirit is there no-one in you area who could lend you a kid to try out a bit of parenting and see if it's your thing?

Sending a virtual hug to @Drew_FX and a completely non-sexual virtual backrub to 'Roadhouse' @Frankus.  Feel better guys.
    Randomly that's not far from what's going to happen in a few weeks. Mrs_MD's bro is visiting with his other half and kid soon. I'll get to experience the joys of having an 18 month old kid in the same house as me for 2 weeks.

I'm soooooo excited :-S
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but Mrs_MD and I just got back from our first scan and yup she’s definitely pregnant.
    Im still terrified but mostly of screwing up rather than just being scared of a baby.  

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have one. I discovered I've got the ginger gene. For the good of the species I haven't made any more

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hooray! Congrats and wave goodbye to your life! :-)

Only kidding, you'll get it back in 25 years or so.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • Adam_MD said:
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but Mrs_MD and I just got back from our first scan and yup she’s definitely pregnant.
    Im still terrified but mostly of screwing up rather than just being scared of a baby.  

Congratulations. You'll be fine! 

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15506
    Adam_MD said:

I'm no expert, but if she's preggo then I'm pretty sure you didn't screw up. Gratz.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

Thanks gents I’ll update this thread with my various stages of freaking out over the next 7/8 months.  I’m around the Defcon 5 stage at the minute
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    edited December 2017
    Adam_MD said:

Happened to me a couple of years ago.
    Sold most of my pedals and a couple of guitars. Managed to keep some stuff in the back room (packed away). This was my 3rd. Ive now got a 23 year old (lives with her mum but still thinks im her bank manager) a 7 year old whos crap at lego but wants as much as he can get his hands on ,not to mention xbox and tablet etc. And Then theres the BABY!! .So when im not busy trying to do lego and hiding from my eldest daughter the BABY !! is busy kicking my arse. 
     i thank god i have a job but wish i had longer hours. Be afraid mate be very afraid. Say goodbye to all your mates ,they wont save you. ps Get a tommy tippee milk machine ,it wont save you but every little helps.  ps  Congratulations. Merry Christmas.
  • BowksBowks Frets: 414
    edited December 2017
    Adam_MD said:

Congratulations!

My little girl turned 6 months today. She's certainly changed my life for the better.

Get your missus to breastfeed, much less faff than bottles and formula. 

Which hospital are you at?
    JAYJO said:

Sold most of my pedals and a couple of guitars. Managed to keep some stuff in the back room (packed away). This was my 3rd. Ive now got a 23 year old (lives with her mum but still thinks im her bank manager) a 7 year old whos crap at lego but wants as much as he can get his hands on ,not to mention xbox and tablet etc. And Then theres the BABY!! .So when im not busy trying to do lego and hiding from my eldest daughter the BABY !! is busy kicking my arse. 
     i thank god i have a job but wish i had longer hours. Be afraid mate be very afraid. Say goodbye to all your mates ,they wont save you. ps Get a tommy tippee milk machine ,it wont save you but every little helps.  ps  Congratulations. Merry Christmas.
    I’m hopefully not selling any of my gear my work from home ‘office’ can be the babies room so I’ll still have a lair to keep my guitars, amp and pedals in.  I’m not sure a 212 deville is going to be very suitable as a home amp anymore though :-)
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
    Don’t worry mate, in another 2 years you’ll have aged at least 5 then she’ll want another.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

Awww shit, mate.

If only you'd have said, I've got a son you could have had. Ready-made, no messy stuff, and he's house-trained-ish.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    Adam_MD said:

Awesome news.  Wait till the mum and baby coming home day and all the relatives finally leave and you look at other and go wtf do we do with this!

It's great once you get your head round, I promise
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Adam_MD said:
    JAYJO said:

I’m hopefully not selling any of my gear my work from home ‘office’ can be the babies room so I’ll still have a lair to keep my guitars, amp and pedals in.  I’m not sure a 212 deville is going to be very suitable as a home amp anymore though :-)
    People's personal/financial situations vary, but no reason to sell any gear. In fact since my daughter turned up some 3 years ago I seemed to have bought more gear than ever + I've still got my 212 Deville. It does help to have a lockable room once they start walking, although I'm indoctrinating her into guitars etc, already bought her a 1/2 scale electric :lol:

It can be daunting, I was 39 when my daughter was born so was quite used to only thinking of myself and another adult, but life is short and only happens once so it's worth throwing the cards up in air sometimes - nothing ventured, nothing gained etc... he says having just put the DVD player back together, having had to disemeble it to retrieve the battery that his daughter thought would be fun to pop into it.

BTW....congratulations!
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    edited December 2017
    People often ask why we spell my son's name "Fin".. The answer is that we knew it would spell the end of life as we knew it :-)

Congrats...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks gents your kind words are appreciated.  
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    Congrats! You'll be fine.. I was in a similar predicament but maybe not quite so against it. As it turns out it's actually pretty good, just hard. Really hard. Especially if like me you like having a bit of time to yourself. Mines 10 months old and we've both agreed we don't want another for a while! Tbh I can't wait til he's a bit older so we can interact a bit more and do something more fun than sitting on the floor passing him things to chew and dribble all over. 

Say goodbye to having time to play though - I manage about 10 minutes a week unless I have band practice (which i can't do every week either)! 
  • TTBZ said:
    Congrats! You'll be fine.. I was in a similar predicament but maybe not quite so against it. As it turns out it's actually pretty good, just hard. Really hard. Especially if like me you like having a bit of time to yourself. Mines 10 months old and we've both agreed we don't want another for a while! Tbh I can't wait til he's a bit older so we can interact a bit more and do something more fun than sitting on the floor passing him things to chew and dribble all over. 

Say goodbye to having time to play though - I manage about 10 minutes a week unless I have band practice (which i can't do every week either)! 
    In perspective, I play 2-3 hours most days and ave 2 kids (4 and 15 months). It's about planning and working out what is important. I normally play 10pm till midnight.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited December 2017
    3 tips for you to get ready for parenthood: 

1 - Take a goat shopping with you. Pay for anything it eats / destroys while you're not looking

2 - Suspend a watermelon from your ceiling on a bit of string. Hollow it out and make a hole in the side roughly the size of a golf ball. Now swing it wildly and try to feed it cornflakes and beetroot. Deal with / pay for the mess

3 - Throw away your address book and delete all your contacts and don't go out. Post nothing but baby pics on fb and see who remains on your friend list 

You're welcome 

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    @Legionreturns ;
    Genuine lol. Just spat my cornflakes out reading that