Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

MESA CAB CLONE video redone. AWKWARD IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT,!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17681
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    impmann said:
    For less than half that price is Hughes and Ketner Red Box - that does a similar job and sounds 10 billion times better, and even that ain't great.
    I agree it sounds better, but it isn't directly comparable since it isn't a load box, so you can't run a valve amp into it with no speaker connected. OK, you can add a simple load box as well, and the combined price would still be less than the Cab Clone...
    Yep completely agree. 

I use a Redbox all the time for live and recording and it sounds great. 

It's also small enough to keep it permanently wired in and in the back of the amp. 

Why you would want something bigger, more expensive and crap sounding is beyond me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11942
    ICBM said:
    impmann said:
    For less than half that price is Hughes and Ketner Red Box - that does a similar job and sounds 10 billion times better, and even that ain't great.
    I agree it sounds better, but it isn't directly comparable since it isn't a load box, so you can't run a valve amp into it with no speaker connected. OK, you can add a simple load box as well, and the combined price would still be less than the Cab Clone...
    Yep completely agree. 

I use a Redbox all the time for live and recording and it sounds great. 

It's also small enough to keep it permanently wired in and in the back of the amp. 

Why you would want something bigger, more expensive and crap sounding is beyond me.
    For the hipster, it says MESA BOOGIE on it.
  • Why does that bloke on the right call himself the captain? He looks like the least likely pirate ever. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited December 2014
    Whereas Guitarist magazine make the mark 5 25's cabclone sound better than the mics! 
    But they made the amp sound like shit :D

I've got one and the distorted channel has been difficult to dial in like I find Mesas generally are, but there are lots of great sounds in it and precisely none of them were on that review. The CabClone built into the amp has been consistently impressive though, not sure what (if anything) differentiates it from the standalone unit but it seems to be a lot better somehow.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."