My next project

What's Hot

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24442
    Yep.  I have the 2 tonne puller and 60m of 10mm rope, plus some galvanised rope eyes and a snap hook.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Just think - you could have spent that money getting your flooring laid ;)
    Naah... the whole lot came to less than £30.  Would you be willing to lay my flooring for £30 ?  I wouldn't !
  • You should look at what else you could pull out of the ground since the boat seems to have been abandoned, you know like fenceposts, trees stumps, that kinda thing.

It'd be a shame not to use your new toys.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Emp_Fab said:
    Naah... the whole lot came to less than £30.  Would you be willing to lay my flooring for £30 ?  I wouldn't !
    I'd have done it for £25 +petrol...........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• MistergMisterg Frets: 353
    I saw this the other day, and thought that he'd managed it:

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/70467000/jpg/_70467965_dumpedspeedboat.jpg

"A speedboat has been found in a forest in Neath Port Talbot and an appeal has been made to find its owner."

The high forces involved, and the thin (cheap!) stretchy rope used had predictable consequences:

The unusual discovery was made in Glyncastle Forest, near Resolven...Resolven is about 11 miles (more than 15km) from the sea."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-24523771

He could always tell the polis that "some big boys took it, and can I have it back now, please?"
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

I would have thought £30 to lay a bit of old dog-piss stained laminate would have been a kings ransom in Wales. It sure as shit would have been in Margate, anyway.

Misterg said:
    I saw this the other day, and thought that he'd managed it:

"A speedboat has been found in a forest in Neath Port Talbot and an appeal has been made to find its owner."

The high forces involved, and the thin (cheap!) stretchy rope used had predictable consequences:

Hahahaha !!  I love the idea of the boat suddenly shooting out of the mud and flying ten miles into a forest :-)
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Of course... if you did manage to finish pulling it out of the sea, having to drag it 11 miles back home after some bizzare twang related incident would be something else to put off ;)
    It's probably within pissing distance from his house, which makes it even worse.

The boat ?  Right now ?

Er.... yeah.  Well, not quite pissing distance (hey, I'm 50 next year, gone are the days I could project anything further than the end of my own shoes), but certainly within a three minute waddle.
    The laminate flooring is closer still?

• SpiderSpider Frets: 130
    The laminate flooring is closer still?
    Yeah, but like Emp, no closer to getting laid.  :))
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • There's an obvious reason for not laying the laminate flooring first - when he drags the boat in to the lounge it's gonna scratch up the newly laid floor.  It's just common sense

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    edited October 2013
    Good point, the rest of us missed that one. From that, one has to conclude that the boat salvage project is the first one to be tackled, closely followed by the laminate flooring. But the greenhouse moonshot must have hit some technical issues, or it would surely have been completed by now.

And while I'm on the subject, Mrs C has reminded me that the wood cladding on the front balcony is not just in poor condition, but it's actually falling off, and has the potential to resemble a scene from 'Final Destination'. Which means some serious web research and prevarication is in order........................

You have the order incorrect sir.  The priority job is now the laminate flooring.  The boat is on an equal footing with the greenhouse and both are now postponed until the warmer weather arrives next year.
    Good point, the rest of us missed that one. From that, one has to conclude that the boat salvage project is the first one to be tackled, closely followed by the laminate flooring. But the greenhouse moonshot must have hit some technical issues, or it would surely have been completed by now.

And while I'm on the subject, Mrs C has reminded me that the wood cladding on the front balcony is not just in poor condition, but it's actually falling off, and has the potential to resemble a scene from 'Final Destination'. Which means some serious web research and prevarication is in order........................

I know a bloke who'se good with flooring.....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

I guess putting cladding up is only like laying laminate flooring, but vertically, so I may just take you up on that. Has this bloke had much experience in that department?

I guess putting cladding up is only like laying laminate flooring, but vertically, so I may just take you up on that. Has this bloke had much experience in that department?

He's managed to open the packs of laminate flooring....

I guess that’s a start, I haven’t even ordered the cladding yet. I’ve calculated exactly how much I need in minute detail on about 5 separate occasions, and noted it down for when I do the job. Trouble is, I can’t find any single copy of it anywhere.