Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Legal advice / best guess ?!

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    you're a middle *cough*and a bit ;)*uncough* aged man with a dodgy heart[/quote]
    he has a heart?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10694
    That speeding faq website made me laugh - the last question is something like "i've just been caught speeding, how can i avoid that happening again", and instead of suggesting to drive within the speed limit, or something that beeps when you breach the 30 and 70 marks, or a governer, it suggests a satnav with knowledge of where the cameras are!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    But it made a good point - if you din't know who was driving, which seems entirely reasonable (my wife and i share a car and it's impossible to register it under 2 names so it has to be me, and there are speed cameras near us and we are both constantly driving around there), then write to the police and ask for supplementary evidence (nearby camera footage) so you can pin it down. Then if you've taken all reasonable attempts they will be more leniant.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    Just because
    viz said:
    Then if you've taken all reasonable attempts they will be more leniant.
    Well, that's given me my first LOL of the day !  Thanks :-)

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • They only have 14 days to serve with the NIP. You say 2nd of August and that is far longer than 14 days from the date of your post.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    an old colleague tried to contest a photo ticket. right up to going to huntingdon police h/q.
    He gave up contending when they zoomed in on the pic, and it was clearly him.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• bertiebertie Frets: 13569

They only have 14 days to serve with the NIP. You say 2nd of August and that is far longer than 14 days from the date of your post. 

they may well have 'served it' within 14 days,   as its a co car - I suspect it might have been "lost" in the admin of the co...........
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    Emp_Fab said:
    Just because
    viz said:
    Then if you've taken all reasonable attempts they will be more leniant.
    Well, that's given me my first LOL of the day !  Thanks :-)

My absolute pleasure. These cops and courts are quite reasonable you know! :)
    Er... I was laughing at the concept of a mags court or the police being lenient !  I will be fined the requisite amount and get the standard number of points no matter if I was a vicar racing to read the last rights to a dying nun or an alcoholic child molester on his way to score some more Rohypnol.
    I know :) irony not coming through on my posts again!
  • danodano Frets: 1593
    Emp, don't suppose you can look at th forum and see if you were posting / maintaining it at that time and date, I see off topic goes back to Aug 2nd.

I've already done that, thanks, but I only made two posts on that day, both in the evening.  It matters not now, I've decided to say it was me driving as, on balance, it probably was.  There's no point in trying to convince a mags court of the truth and I can't risk getting a huge fine and 6 pts if they aren't convinced (which, of course they won't be), so I'll just have to bite the bullet.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Emp_Fab;45890" said:
    Er... I was laughing at the concept of a mags court or the police being lenient !  I will be fined the requisite amount and get the standard number of points no matter if I was a vicar racing to read the last rights to a dying nun or an alcoholic child molester on his way to score some more Rohypnol.
    the police are very lenient indeed. The fewer people they send through for prosecution the more they can claim to have reduced crime (I'm sure fretmeister can attest to the massive reduction in criminal cases in the last few years). However, speeding tickets won't go anywhere near an actual copper, just a low paid admin clerk who will have no interest in your dying nun.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.