Patrick Eggle

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4727
    Superb guitars, often referred to as the British PRS. Used to know Patrick very well (lovely guy) as he set up my guitars for me when he sold off his company and was working out of Pete Gent's Music Exchange in St Albans.

Always wanted a Berlin Pro with the nine pup positions. Superb build quality, very comfortable to play, and great tone with the SD pups. Some early versions had Kent Armstrong pups.

Tons of expert knowledge inc values over at the Patrick Eggle forum.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've had a Levinson Blade Variable Spectrum Control fitted to mine. Gives me 27 switching options and every sound is useable
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    I've had a Levinson Blade Variable Spectrum Control fitted to mine. Gives me 27 switching options and every sound is useable
    27?!

Ye gods, I cannot cope with a 5-way blade!
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    RevMatt said:
    @bigjon - if the missing bit from your Wilkinson trem is the small metal collar that the tip of the arm locates into in order to lock, Trev Wilkinson can still supply these.
    @bigjon - I'll go one better, tell me what bit you need and I'll shove it in the post - I've got pretty much every part for the Convertible trem lurking in the spares drawer, and I'd rather they rehabilitated an Eggle rather than just lurk in the dark for another ten years. :))
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    Gassage;473777" said:
    Now I'm gassing for this
    Which, we have learn't, is code for "I willl buy it immediately and it will be available in the classifieds by the weekend"
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    @Fuzzdog fantastic offer thanks. Will pm you an address. Happy to PayPal gift a contribution.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1633
    That's the one I've been offered
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    It is fit, but maybe the dings can get you down to £700? Dunno, I think I would maybe be happy at £800 if I was in that market.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    That's a decent ding in the neck. And does it have a custom inlay on the last fret?

Someone's initials? Can't make it out...
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 838
    edited January 2015

Shaun, I can see the appeal - it's a gorgeous looking example and for me the finish and figuring of the maple cap really do add something special. But, just a few things to consider:

a) this is a standard spec pro from 1993 - no significant upgrades (except those initials on the f'board)

b) as such, it has what look to be the original Kent Armstrong pickups - some players find these too bright sounding and opt to replace them - all down to personal preference but maybe another cost to consider

c) the case is not correct for the era of the guitar - by 1993, Eggle were using Hiscox cases. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that the case has been swapped during the guitar's life: there are stories of cases being mixed up in guitar stock rooms and the older style case being supplied when guitars were first purchased. This isn't a huge issue, but it's nice to have the era correct case and the Hiscox ones are better quality

d) condition appears fairly good but there are those dings...

I'd suggest that all of the above points have an impact on the realistic sale price and if it was me I'd be aiming at around £650. That said, it's a particularly good looking one so if it's crying out to you, you may be happy to pay a bit more....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    Agree with @Revmatt 's comments above. I'd also want to see a pic of the back of the guitar to make sure the back plates are present and correct and that the locking washer for the trem is there.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Just to chip in, my first really good guitar was a Vienna pro. It was a superb guitar, beautiful to look at and played fantastically. It had to go eventually when my tastes changed, but if I was wealthy with tons of space I'd definitely have kept it. It's one of those ones that to look back on with fondness and wish you could play again.
  • Peter Allen at Guitar Tech Services used to be the factory manager for Eggle in Coventry and if the guitars have the attention to detail he shows when I take my guitars to him for work then they will be amazing .
  • DaiDai Frets: 0
    I wonder what might of happend when I bought my patrick eggle guitar, please can someone advise me.
    I bought this guitar many moons ago around 1992, the reason I don't know for sure is because I can't find a date on it.
    I paid £1175 direct from manufacturers and at the time the were selling in certain shops for around 1250.
    Here’s the crunch, it only has a stamp on it 7997.
  • DaiDai Frets: 0
    Sorry my wife bought it for me price £975
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27651
    @Dai - you'll do better if you start your own thread with a specific question.

I'll close this thread before the OP gets a load of irrelevant updates!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.