Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What planet is Gibson on exactly?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I don't actually mind the LP Studio Lite (well, the M-III version is dodgy but otherwise)...

Also, Wez, I like that take on the Corvus. Interesting.

- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72660
    Bucket said:
    I don't actually mind the LP Studio Lite

I really liked the Studio Lite - because it wasn't trying to be another cheap version of a Standard, it was something different and interesting, even though it looked more or less normal apart from the colours. I loved the bright colours too, especially that blue. It looks better with chrome hardware too. (They came with black as standard I think.)

I think they sounded a lot better than the chambered ones.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24644
    I borrowed one for a while. Was a really good one.

When the used market crashes I might look for one.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3094

They should put some more cash into Kramer if they want to get into this market properly. A great quality, affordable Pacer or Baretta to compete with the Pro Mods would be preferable to any MIII.

"A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    How about a list of all the daft new things Gibson have done in the last few years...

Firebird X
    LP-X
    Dark Fire
    Dusk Tiger
    B-Bender LP Jr
    Reverse Flying V
    Reverse Explorer
    Holey V
    Holey Explorer
    ES-335 Studio
    NS-225 
    M-III reissue
    Moderne Reissue
    Midtown Kalamazoo
    The whole "Hendrix" debacle

er.. endless Joe Bonamassa LPs (Only joking! (Maybe...) but I'm sure I've missed some.

Those SG's that looked like a sucked gobstopper. :D
  • Bucket said:
    I don't actually mind the LP Studio Lite (well, the M-III version is dodgy but otherwise)...

The studio lite... I like it.

I remember playing a les paul vixen, which were so unpopular they were sold off stupid cheap.  It was really nice.

It was aimed at the female crowd, but actually, the colours were no 'girlier' than a lot of Fender colours anyway.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006

They should put some more cash into Kramer if they want to get into this market properly. A great quality, affordable Pacer or Baretta to compete with the Pro Mods would be preferable to any MIII.

This, in spades. Who wouldn't want a Baretta built to the same quality/at the same price point as the Jap Pro Mod, that would be cool
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh wow, I've been wanting an Miii forever. Originals are pretty hard to track down now. It's a shame they didn't put the striped tort pick guard on though.

And yes, I have no taste whatsoever. I play a Shergold Meteor and a Charvel Spectrum as evidence :) two distinctly Marmite guitars.

Spandextastic!
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2371

DrBob said:

This, in spades. Who wouldn't want a Baretta built to the same quality/at the same price point as the Jap Pro Mod, that would be cool
    +1

I know I said I quite liked the look of the MIII, but that would really be a better idea. Or better yet, do both.
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    Please don't say we're about to hit a pointy-guitars-80s-shred renaissance...
    Bucket said:

I remember playing a les paul vixen, which were so unpopular they were sold off stupid cheap.  It was really nice.

It was aimed at the female crowd, but actually, the colours were no 'girlier' than a lot of Fender colours anyway.
    Only two knobs. Presumably so as not to unduly confuse the ladies, with their their pretty little heads all full of cute ideas.
    Bucket said:

Only two knobs. Presumably so as not to unduly confuse the ladies, with their their pretty little heads all full of cute ideas.