'Knackered Jack and the Resistors' UK 'Lollapaboozer' Tour 2015

What's Hot

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    TTony said:

Hope everyone there had a fun afternoon - what was played??

Lots of things in E ;-)

There are recordings, which I believe will be edited down and posted in due course. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    I best get learning a couple of songs for Leicester then, hopefully I won't be the only bassist
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
    Just arrived home and unloaded. What a lot of fun that was.
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    Had a great time tonight. I actually got up and played something, including some bassisting.

Good to see everyone, and a lot of it sounded really good, too. @vasselmeyer had a truly glorious PRS DGT that sounded the absolute bollocks. Those amps were great, too.

Ta very much to Ian for sorting it out, a top man.

@speshul91 - @jonnybradford said he'll be at Leicester, so no, you won't be, and I'm willing to hit some root notes too, so you'll get some time off.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Result, I may have to bring the tablet and have songsterr playing to help me haha
  • oldfoxyoldfoxy Frets: 39
    A great afternoon guys, enjoyed it even though I didn't play. Vasselmeyers totally unblingy DGT sounded brilliant. What a great bunch you are. I shall play next time even if it's only Jailbreak
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    TTony said:
    Not quite sure where the last few months have gone, but seems like lots of arranging has been done since I last checked this thread.

Hope everyone there had a fun afternoon - what was played??

I'm looking at the Leicester date - 27th June - and thinking that I should make an effort to get there.
    All sorts of stuff. We played some AC/DC, some Neil Young, Superstition, Roadhouse Blues, another Doors song I can't quite remember the name of, some other stuff, and there was a fair bit of jamming in some key or other, can't quite place it, ee, I don't know, it's completely gone... ;)

You'd be more than welcome to drop by, Tony, especially if you bring a couple of those builds you've done.

@oldfoxy - I know exactly what it's like, I've been there so many times. The thing is, though, it's one of those hurdles you'll never get over until you get over it, if you see what I mean. You simply have to commit yourself to getting up there. As you saw last night when I did my bit, it's not like the good ones are going to laugh (though god knows I gave them enough opportunity), exactly the opposite, they're going to show you what to do and give you a hand in doing it. And once you lose the fear, it's actually good fun.

If you can wangle a lift, get yourself over to the Leicester bash. If you're relying on your OH (you didn't say who your lift was last night), tell her she can go shopping, cos atm, it's currently in the afternoon, so there'll be plenty for her. You don't need to bring that Laney you had last night (though I'm sure everyone would love to hear it cranked up) cos Quad has all the stuff you need.

Then just take a deep breath and plunge. It's what I did. I'm glad I did, too, it was fun, even though I probably dropped a fair few resounding clangs, cos we all did. It happens.

Sorry, I'm not meaning to be patronising, I apologise if it's coming over like that, but seriously, there's only one attitude to have at times like these and it's "Fuck it, let's do it."

Sorry, I'll shut up now.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Everyone, no matter what ability, are welcome at these. It's about getting together and having fun together. No one's going to be laughed at or booed (is that how you spell that?). Once you dip your toe in it becomes much easier. The next one's at a rehearsal studio so the ideal situation to give it ago.
  • oldfoxyoldfoxy Frets: 39

No problem mate, taken as intended. Had number 1 son pick me up last night 'cause I knew I'd have a couple of beers. I'll have to check dates to see about Leicester, but brother-in-law lives in Fleckney, south of the city, so could combine it with a visit (although we were there last weekend). I need to get a couple of Lizzy tracks off pat I think. I've got problems with my left arm/hand at the moment as my blood pressure is high which doesn't help things but due to see Doc in a couple of weeks so suspect pill dose will go up, but hopefully that will sort it out.

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Thank you to everyone who turned up last Saturday in Walsall.
    It was a great laugh and we were made to feel very welcome at the pub which is a great venue.
    It really was great to see everyone again and although none of what we played was particularly polished, when we got it right in terms of remembering how the song goes, it sounded fantastic.
    Really looking forward to next month in Leicester.
    Thanks everyone for your support.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    Glad to hear it was a success. Any vids or was a vow of silence taken?
    I didn't see any video being shot but there was some audio recording I think.
    @johnnybradford , how did that come out ?
  • I had a great time Saturday. Good to see folks again. 

The audio is not too bad. With only having monitors pointing away from the recorder, the vocals haven't come out too well, but they are audible. I need to do a bit of editing down tonight then I will get some tracks posted.

In jazz, no one can hear you scream
    Great, thanks Jon.
  • jonnybradfordjonnybradford Frets: 34
    edited June 2015
    Here is the first track from Walsall

@Alnico : Guitar and Vox
    @vasselmeyer : Guitar and backing Vox
    @IanSavage : Drums

Edited: works better if you put a link in :)
    In jazz, no one can hear you scream
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27682

I've heard bands a lot less tight after months of practising.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Still can't see the link. (Dunno why I'm bothered, tho, I was there!!)
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042

I've only really just stumbled on this whole Knackered Jacks thing after having contributed to the threads for our SouthEast Gearfest last weekend. 

What a diamond idea.  I'm 46 now, last 'gigged' in 1988 and really need a kick up the ass to get out and do it again.  This might just provide that hobnailed boot.

credit to @Alnico and all the others what have made this all happen.  Roll on summat in the South East.  If help is needed organising shizzle down this way there's a bunch of us that'd no doubt help: @fez, @kebabkid and @fastboy are all well connected to the music scene in the Sussex/surrey area. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

@mcToot

Thanks man. It would be a pleasure to have you there.
    The closest ones to you will be Cambridge in July or Chelmsford in August I think, unless you fancy North London In September ?

Another spin off idea that's kicking about at the moment is to run workshops in between the jams for those who like you and a lot of others, haven't played live in a long time or not at all. Jam night survival courses if you like. I'm not completely sure how this is going to pan out yet but the rough idea is to get 4 or 5 guitarists / bass players together with me and a drummer and work through how to jam, improvise and probably most importantly how to pick up on songs that you've never played quickly, while on stage and make a half decent job of it.

Once I've spoken to a few others and worked out the finer details of this I will post a separate thread about it and all the details people need.

Thanks for the offer of help. Same goes from me, if anyone needs help with getting the most out these sessions, just ask.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @johnnybradford
    Could you drop the bass off at Quad on your way to holidays and ask them to look after it for you until you get there ?
    Or is there someone who is going to Leicester who can do this for John ?