Fuzz pedals!!

What's Hot

Comments

• lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    I built a Burns Buzzaround clone from a GuitarPCB kit for a friend, and I had a hard time giving it away...sits somewhere in the middle ground between tonebender and muff, I reckon.  Will probably pull my finger out and build another one for myself before much longer.
    I built one for someone late last year. I just happened to chance upon some NKT213 transistors in the magic gain range, so I used those in it.  Added a passive volume control at the end too. The thing sounded amazing. I really didn't want to part with it.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • swlabrswlabr Frets: 29
    edited March 2015
    Buzzarounds are lovely fuzzes.

I've had  a Klinger Buzz Fuzz II for a while and it's a stunning fuzz.

Really loving Klinger's work.Also got a Tonebender Mk3 made by him.
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    juansolo;573216" said:
    EdGrip said:

I'm pretty intrigued by the Demo Tape Fuzz too! Lemme know if you end up with a spare, Juansolo. ;)

Not one I'd really want to clone to sell as Mid-Fi are sound (though getting one here looks difficult). Highly, highly recommend it though if you can track one down.

It looks fairly easy - might do one if I find my vero-building enthusiasm returns. I've already got two unfinished projects though...

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I just listened to a demo of the Big Muff Pi with Tone wicker. Sounds great.
    Has anyone tried or got one?
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1270

Agreed on the frantone peach fuzz (tried one in a shop, withdrew cash for it, gone when I got back. Not seen one since :( 
    Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz - There are a couple of Youtube demos out there comparing it with the Peach Fuzz where the owner tries to persuade himself that they don't sound the same but I don't remotely buy it, I've also built a Pedalparts/Fuzzdog "Peachy Fuzz" which is an easy build and I believe fully verified as a bona fide clone of the Peach Fuzz, that's also brilliant, pretty well indistiguishable (sonically) from the Dano, but has a much more pedalboard friendly form fa tor and control layout...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    I built a Burns Buzzaround clone from a GuitarPCB kit for a friend, and I had a hard time giving it away...sits somewhere in the middle ground between tonebender and muff, I reckon.  Will probably pull my finger out and build another one for myself before much longer.
    I built one for someone late last year. I just happened to chance upon some NKT213 transistors in the magic gain range, so I used those in it.  Added a passive volume control at the end too. The thing sounded amazing. I really didn't want to part with it.
    Yeah, I did the same.  Some of the best sounds are with the Balance/Volume maxed or near-maxed, at which point it's extremely loud.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • DarnWeight That sounds awsome, the has an amazing sound 

simonk Heya thanks for getting involved! The guitar systems pedals get a lot of love here at sounds great :)

AxeWieldingBastard Nice choice thanks for getting involved! i love the art work on those pedals 

RMJ Thanks for getting involved again bud! The death by audio stuff seems to be making a big impression on a lot of people 

• Alnico There amazing pedals Alnico its like a big muff but with even more classic sounds packed in, if your local to cheadle feel free to come and try one some time :)
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    My three favourites are;

Cheap - EHX Germanium Big Muff Pi
    Mid-price - ZVex Fat Fuzz Factory
    Hang the expense - Anything by Paul Trombetta

For what it's worth, out of those three, the Fuzz Factory puts the biggest smile on my face.
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 443
    Blackout Effectors Musket Fuzz  that is all :)

• Demeter Fuzzulator - I got rid of my first one, regretted it and then got another - I can't really do without this pedal. It crosses the line between OD and fuzz - it can be a fuzzy overdrive or full on fuzz - no spitting splattery chaos with this one though. It has two 'flavours' - a woolly germanium and a tighter LED based fuzz. I've had a Mad Dog and a Keeley Fuzz Head too but I preferred the Demeter - it's Ace.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    @Sounds_Great_Music
    Thanks. I'm nowhere near you down here in Bedford but I am going to try to find someone with it in stock this weekend.
    Thanks for your input.

I had a look at your website and its great, especially the photos of each item. Really well done.
  • SRichSRich Frets: 763
    edited March 2015
    I was going through a ZVex acquisition quest several years back and got this little thing.........rarely gets used as I don't think I'm fuzzy enough. I would like to try a ZVex Wooly Mammoth though........when I think of fuzz I want a huge low end thump not fizzy toppy stuff.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1073
    Cornish P-1 :-)

I'm currently putting mine into a dirty Friedman and it sounds incredible.

Quite like the Fuzz Factory too, great pedal.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Alnico Thanks for the kind words we pride our selves on our website so its always great to get positive comments on it :) Its a shame your down there we have one in stock!
  • SRich Nice that fuzz factor looks pretty groovy :)

thisisguitar Sounds like you have nice gear :) thanks for getting involved
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12979
    The fuzz factory is just too complicated for me. Too many sounds, too interactive.

For some people that's great but I just don't have time to deal with it!
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12979
    The best fuzz I ever owned was made by a small American builder called Monsterpiece. I had a classic and an npn in a single pedal, great thing.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    The fuzz factory is just too complicated for me. Too many sounds, too interactive.

For some people that's great but I just don't have time to deal with it!
    set and forget?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • UnclePsychosis Sounds like a cool pedal, any video's?