Fuzz pedals!!

What's Hot

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    UnclePsychosis Sounds like a cool pedal, any video's?
    use google you lazy sod :-P
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12697
    For me...

DAM Drag n Fly - I've owned mine since, well, since Dave started DAM. My pedal was the first small box Drag n Fly he ever made and its awesome.

DAM Greasebox GB-83 - it sounds like a fuzz, plus an overdrive and a treblebooster in one pedal. Loud as hell and sounds killer.

Juansolo Fuzz Unit Clone - its a clone of the B&M Fuzz Unit (Edwin Collins etc) plus it switches to the Colorsound Jumbo ToneBender... fuck me its good. Plus it looks epic too...

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3678
    ^^^

Great graphic on there - Art nouveau meets psychedelic.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    @Sounds_Great_Music

I pretty much want that Tone Wicker Big Muff and i know it already.

Give me a week or two and i will give you guys a ring and order from you.

Welcome to the Forum BTW.
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    Always loved the Harmonic Percolator, the Dist+ used as a fuzz like Husker Du, the FY-2 and FY-6. I'm really getting into the intricacies of the Fuzzrite/Fuzzrong recently too.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12985
    @impmann that pedal looks awesome.

Any clips? I'm tempted to ask Juan to build one for me (if he will)
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12697
    @UnclePsychosis Sadly mate currently I'm under doctors orders not to play - and in fact I have no strength in my left hand, otherwise it would have been a pleasure.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Alnico Brilliant stuff! look forward to hearing from you :)

impmann The Drag n Fly sounds awsome thanks for getting involved!

meltedbuzzbox i wanted to here your awsome playing though dude! :P

timhulio nice choices, thanks for commenting!!
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited March 2015
    Gonna be getting some boards made for the JTB/FU hopefully (may as well put the switch in if we're having boards done). 

We had the '76 JTB over yesterday again to back-to-back it, it's so close it's as good as nailed on. We're very happy. Impmann's was slightly more biased towards the Fuzz Unit side of things. The parts are the same, but the gains for the transistors are different: med/med/high for the JTB and high/high/low for the FU. It makes a subtle difference.

We can't use the original trannies, but the ones we're using are from that period, in the right ranges and work very well indeed.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @juansolo certainly very interested in one. What's the ballpark price?
    impmann;574982" said:
    @UnclePsychosis Sadly mate currently I'm under doctors orders not to play - and in fact I have no strength in my left hand, otherwise it would have been a pleasure.
    Sorry to hear that. Hope you make a swift recovery.
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    I'm fairly sure I've been selling them for £70 delivered (not at home at thr mo).

Will let you know when we get the boards done if you interested (prob about a month or so).
    I bought a Dr Green 'Hairy Tongue' fuzz today.
    It's bloody brilliant as it doesn't hit proper fuzz levels until you get to 3/4 up on the fuzz control. Below that it's ultra useable low levels of fuzz that sound amazing with single coils and right down low it's a boost with just a hint of fuzz that works on an amazing range of sounds. Up towards full it's very vintage, almost 'Tonebender' sounds.
    Just two controls, Volume and Fuzz and they are both very interactive but right across the range it's very bright and clear, very good quality sound. Wind the tone control back on the guitar and it gets darker but without being muddy.

Overall it's a very vintage style fuzz but the dynamic range is surpisingly good. If you want a 60's style fuzz then this is very worth looking at and at £50 it's a great buy.

I will also be getting a Big Muff Tone Wicker to sit alongside this one because they are both quite different sounds and the Top Boost of the Tone Wicker is something i'm very interested in.
    juansolo;575280" said:
    UnclePsychosis said:

I'm fairly sure I've been selling them for £70 delivered (not at home at thr mo).

Will let you know when we get the boards done if you interested (prob about a month or so).
    Please do. :-)

I'm in no rush (expensive month!) so take your time.

• the_twinthe_twin Frets: 130
    I like the Jacques Fuseblower that I got some years ago ago off of Sounds Great Music.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9638
  • TheCountTheCount Frets: 274
    juansolo said:
    Gonna be getting some boards made for the JTB/FU hopefully (may as well put the switch in if we're having boards done). 

We had the '76 JTB over yesterday again to back-to-back it, it's so close it's as good as nailed on. We're very happy. Impmann's was slightly more biased towards the Fuzz Unit side of things. The parts are the same, but the gains for the transistors are different: med/med/high for the JTB and high/high/low for the FU. It makes a subtle difference.

We can't use the original trannies, but the ones we're using are from that period, in the right ranges and work very well indeed.

If your after 184c's I'm on the lookout for some. If you want any let me know. If I can source them I'll get some extra ones
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    @Sounds_Great_Music

Just bought a Fuzz Tool Junior and a Suhr Rufus from yourselves over the past week.  They are both good but the Rufus is my favourite.  It's far more flexible and I think has a bit more gain too.  
  • Alnico iv written a blog on the tone wicker, ill post you a link to it later today :)

the_twin ahh yes we remember those pedals well, nice choice

Wazmeister nice choices! :)
    @Sounds_Great_Music
    That's bloody marvelous.
    Thanks a lot guys.