Amp Demo Day - Nottingham 30th May. ITS ON!!

What's Hot

Comments

• EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    Bugger, just seen this thread and I would love to bring my victory silverback for people to check out and get some feedback. Unfortunately I work most weekends and I am deffo in newcastle on the 30th May. Hopefully this will be a success and be repeated again soon when I have a free day :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 847
    edited May 2015
    OK - I can confirm I can attend, wiuth the AFX2, Matrix Power amp and Zilla 2x12 cab (CLR would be really good Mark, as I dont use FRFR, firstly for others to hear that method and secondly Ive never heard a CLR so that would be great - or bring your whole rig as you have FRFR patches designed already), a Fender Machete plus a couple of guitars.

I will have to be gone by about 4.30pm though as my daughter now has a swim meet at Arnold from 6pm - but Im available pretty much all day from whenever we start until that point.

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Excellent news. I'm away for the week and editing posts an a phone is a pain so I'll update post 1 with participants and gear next week when I'm back
    So - a week to go.  So any confirmation?  times?  venue etc.

Yes Paul, going to get on it this weekend. Been playing catchup all week after a week away.
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1281

Sounds like a great idea. I'm a newbie on here so it'll be interesting to meet some of you in person. Also don't live that far from Nottingham.

If it was a month later I'd have an MJW to bring along too :)

You'll be welcome anyway @Rowby1
    Looking forward to this.  Having spent the last 8 years of my military life in belfast, then having family commitments most weekends - Ive not been to a forum gathering in all the time Ive been around (here and MR before that).  Will be nice to finally meet people.

@paulmapp8306 @Lodious @Adam_MD @John_A @digitalscream @mrkb @Rowby1

PM'd.

All those mentioned above have expressed an interest in participating. If others have commented on the thread and I haven't included them in the above list, thats because I have misconstrued your comment. let me know if you'd like to be part of it.

As people confirm attendance and gear I'll update post 2 so others can see whats available. I anticipate starting around 10 o'clock and carrying on until we've all had enough, probably early evening but I intend keeping it very flexible so late arrivers can at least have a go with some of the gear.

I will set up one amp (one that I think is particularly good at taking OD pedals) so that anyone can run pedals into it. Bring what you like, what you think others might like, or indeed ones you dont like through different amps/cab, maybe the amp will make a difference.

We will have a PA set up. Please guys if you have some good backing tracks you'd like to jam to, bring them on your phone or on an SD card (I'll bring my tablet to play 'em). If anyone has a bass guitar and wants to play it we have a house bass amp we can use. There is a studio drumkit but no breakables (cymbals etc) and I wasn't planning on setting it up unless someone has a burning desire to play them.

Heres to a successful day. Hope it works out.

Hywel
    @ChrisMusic Are you in?

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Great stuff. See you all there :)
    If anyone with big hands wants to try a few wide neck Fenders (well, Warmoths) I'll have mine there. A fatback 46mm nut Strat a 45.5mm nut slim HSS Strat, and  45.5mm Tele. And i'll bring my lovely aged white Ibanez AS120.
    :( so gutted I am working! Would have love to get people's opinions on my silverback and Smallbox side by side as well as meeting fellow forumites.
    @Evildurka, what time are you working till?
    I'm working in newcastle on Saturday and Sunday and staying overnight. Absolutely no chance of me getting there unfortunately. Hopefully there will be another day arranged in the near future that I might be able to attend.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9587
    I'm late to the gig here guys, and I'm so gutted...

I'm working on Saturday 30th in Exeter, and it's only one of the fewSaturdays I've worked this year !!

My Carr's would have been in attendance too; be encouraged, this is a great idea !

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    Yeah, I'd have been interested too, could have brought my ac30 and mesa stiletto combo. Alas, gigging in Oxford.

The main thing is, you guys have to do lots of videos so we can vicariously enjoy the thrill of an amp orgy.
    edited May 2015
    Cirrus said:
    The main thing is, you guys have to do lots of videos so we can vicariously enjoy the thrill of an amp orgy.
    Nah, all the attendees have pledged a vow of silence. What happens in Nottingham stays in Nottingham.
    :P

If it turns out as I hope then there will be more. I'm as keen an ampaholic now eeven though I have no requirement for a gigging amp.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6907
    Thanks Hywel for organising an interesting and fun event. I learnt alot today!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited May 2015
    Me too. Really liked both the Redplate and ceriatone ods.

Also interesting to see how close the afx ciuld get to the Drz ezg. given the differing cabs.....Really close.