Amp Demo Day - Nottingham 30th May. ITS ON!!

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Hi Mark. Both cabs were made by me. The one under the Dr Z is a 4x10 with Jensen P10R's, closed back with 4" round ports to the front baffle. I gigged this cab once and the speakers are too inefficient I reckon. I like it at home volumes but thats probably because, being so inefficient I can turn the amp louder.

The 2x12 under the OTS and with the plexi screen, was also made by me (in fact I have made others of the same size for a mate who owns a music studio) modelled on the Dumble oversize oval ported open back. It has an EV (the classic) and an EMI Red Fang alnico, both rated at about 100dB.

Both cabs are 18mm birch ply, dovetail jointed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2015
    I have talked to Dave Buckley owner of Curly Lead Studios and we can use the studios for our next demo day. It has a number of rooms along with a chillout area, I am thinking of Sunday the 11th of October as he'd like to be involved as well and he's always in the shop (Abbey Road Music) on Saturdays. I think we should be prepared to pay a few quid each for the use of it, though, not discussed that yet, but it wont be much.

I'll start a new thread along the same lines as this one.
  • Hi guys, Mark here. Good to meet you all at the weekend and some great fun cranking up amps. Ill try keep in touch on here and hopefully make the next sessions.

As per everyone else, many thanks to Hywel for organising!

Mark

Hi Mark, welcome to theFB.

New thread started here for October 11th demo day.
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 847
    edited June 2015
    My "flat" comment RE the ezg was my impression coming straight from the Redplate and ods. Your right that they had a high end that the ezg didn't, which is probably why it felt flat by comparison.

It didn't seem as flat later when you played, and with the pedals added sounded very nice.

I do like some snap in my cleans, and us why my rambler patch had it. Probably too much.

Re the afx patch. I thinking sorted the low-end issue. the rambler model has no negative feedback. Adding even low amounts tightened up that bottom end, and also rounded the highs a little.

As to the sag. That might be the physical cabs/speakers. Mine I'd a 3/4 back, front ported oversized 2 x 12 with one v30 and one g12h70 creamback. Your 10" drivers will compress earlier, and the ezg was pushed whichvyou have commented on.