Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The mysterious world of ThorpyFx

What's Hot

Comments

• MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 455
    mark99 said:
    Woah, best demo yet. Had no idea you could get such a range of tones from it! I've got a Muffroom with a Peacekeeper on the way. Thought that would cover it, but now it seems I need a Warthog too...
    and a Gunshot....
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    MrSwanson said:
    mark99 said:
    Woah, best demo yet. Had no idea you could get such a range of tones from it! I've got a Muffroom with a Peacekeeper on the way. Thought that would cover it, but now it seems I need a Warthog too...
    and a Gunshot....
    Just save some time and give in now.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • velvetsky01velvetsky01 Frets: 71
    How do you guys set your gunshot with a strat? Sounding great with humbuckers struggling with single coils (but I do tend to find a tone I like with a strat)
    How do you set yours?
    Here is my Trader Feedback Page - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62051/
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6148
    tFB Trader
    How do you guys set your gunshot with a strat? Sounding great with humbuckers struggling with single coils (but I do tend to find a tone I like with a strat)
    How do you set yours?
    The gunshot definitely prefers hum buckers and P90's, however if you roll the gain right off and roll the Calibre in to taste (and smooth out the tone) i think you'll find a really nice fat drive that compliments the strat.

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thank you thorpy I think your right definitely prefers humbuckers but will give your suggestion a go
    :-)
    Here is my Trader Feedback Page - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62051/
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7326
    I'm a bit annoyed with my Peacekeeper. Whenever I turn it off my guitar sounds really bland and boring.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xsheqxsheq Frets: 71
    @thorpyfx Just heard the Warthog. Well done.
    tFB Trader
    sheq said:
    @thorpyfx Just heard the Warthog. Well done.
    ah thanks very much indeed!

DefaultM said:
    I'm a bit annoyed with my Peacekeeper. Whenever I turn it off my guitar sounds really bland and boring.
    i can mod it to remove the footswitch and then it'll always be on? :)
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • i can mod it to remove the footswitch and then it'll always be on? :)
    Rod for back created.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    tFB Trader
    i can mod it to remove the footswitch and then it'll always be on? :)
    Rod for back created.

lol, hopefully seen as the joke it was meant as.....
    My board is now full. I was thinking about swapping the warthog or gunshot for a second peacekeeper, but it's not really feasible as then I wouldn't have the Gunshot or warthog...

I do like the idea of using one as a clean boost type thing and then the other as a low gain though.
    I had to bend down and change the settings inbetween songs at my last gig, and who wants to do that when you could just spend £195 on a second one and stay vertical?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    ThorpyFX said:
    How do you set yours?
    The gunshot definitely prefers hum buckers and P90's, however if you roll the gain right off and roll the Calibre in to taste (and smooth out the tone) i think you'll find a really nice fat drive that compliments the strat.

YES! thank you thorpy not quite the marshall type tone you get with humbuckers but much better withe no gain using the calibre control
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    @defaultM I think you should spend £290 on the gigrig autopot instead. That's what it was designed for!
    edited May 2016
    Haha reminds me of something I once saw which was an expression pedal with an antenna on it and the antenna fixed to a pot, then turned the pot when you moved the expression pedal.
  • Muffroom Cloud on route! :-) cant wait
  • BumFaceBumFace Frets: 114
    You should do an EQ pedal, this one I've got sounds the absolute nuts!.
    tFB Trader
    BumFace said:
    You should do an EQ pedal, this one I've got sounds the absolute nuts!.
    all on the list....
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1771
    @ThorpyFX when is the Muffroom Cloud big rebrand announcement coming?
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    tFB Trader
    BigMonka said:
    @ThorpyFX when is the Muffroom Cloud big rebrand announcement coming?
    this was done quite a while ago, The new name for the MUFFROOM CLOUD is the FALLOUT CLOUD. its now available to order and gives you the same massive tone, but with a less litigation invoking name. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Same tone, less litigation. Win win!