How bad are One Direction?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4163
    edited January 2020
    Sassafras said:
    As long as I'm not forced to listen to Hip-Hop, I don't really care.
    I was engaged to a woman with a wooden leg  , I had to break it off
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    One Erection as I like to call them

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6684
    Hey, hey, they're the Monkees. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Gotta say I HATE his look on his new album, looks a complete tw*t (in my opinion, no offence intended to anyone here who dresses like that!). I didn't go out of my way to see it but they had tons of them in the entrance last time I went to HMV.

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3073
    axisus said:
    Gotta say I HATE his look on his new album, looks a complete tw*t (in my opinion, no offence intended to anyone here who dresses like that!). I didn't go out of my way to see it but they had tons of them in the entrance last time I went to HMV.

Is it called "Smell the glove"? 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:

To compound all this, it wasn't until last year that Williams finally admitted publicly that he didn't actually write it (he's previously claimed otherwise).

I understand that KW eventaully accepted it (the royalties probably helped), but there's no doubt that being credited at the time might have boosted his profile and helped his career.
    Hardly. Karl Wallinger is listed as the songwriter on Williams' album - I have an original copy from when it came out, so this isn't something that's been changed recently.
    True, it is on the album. The issue was more that Robbie repeatedly stated that it was the ‘best song he’d ever written’.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72357

True, it is on the album. The issue was more that Robbie repeatedly stated that it was the ‘best song he’d ever written’.
    You always have to take anything he says with as much salt as Cheshire is sitting on though...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Somehow, I don't think 1D are aiming to get us as fans. I genuinely don't understand this sort of music at all. It stirs up zero emotions in me whatsoever. Couldn't even recall one of their songs - it goes in the same bucket as Westlife, Ed Sheeran, whatever, meaningless to me.

But then I am sure their fans would have the same reaction to the music i like. 
    axisus said:
    He's either deliberately taking the piss or trying to start some sort of fashion trend. Given that he was wearing some other sort of wide-leg/high-waist trousers on Graham Norton's show the other week I suspect the latter...

Stranger things have happened - Bowie in the early 70s and Sigue Sigue Sputnik in women's high heels spring to mind. Of course there was a difference in talent, which might explain why one was more successful than the other :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    They are bad in both directions.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12329
    axisus said:

I think it's his Thin White Bellend phase.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    He's one of the main models for Gucci. He's all over magazines in their ads.
    regardless, the lad's done well. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22866
    ICBM said:
    axisus said:
    He's either deliberately taking the piss or trying to start some sort of fashion trend. Given that he was wearing some other sort of wide-leg/high-waist trousers on Graham Norton's show the other week I suspect the latter...

Stranger things have happened - Bowie in the early 70s and Sigue Sigue Sputnik in women's high heels spring to mind. Of course there was a difference in talent, which might explain why one was more successful than the other :).

I think he's doing what pop stars did back in the days when people actually cared what pop stars did - deliberately trying to be "different", being a bit camp and foppish in a way which he knows will irritate certain people but will get him some attention.  No such thing as bad publicity (which is no longer true in the age of social media, but still works when all you're talking about is some wacky trousers).

Yes he looks ridiculous, but nowhere near as ridiculous as that pathetic little prick Liam Payne who spends his time glowering and pouting at cameras in the delusional belief that he looks hard and moody.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    To give a tad of credit to Harry Styles, he's the only member of the band that I could name.
    and to add, he can actually play, and sing, and write. His first album is alright, certainly trying to make a nod to decent music though I bet the label reins in what he is allowed to do and not allowed in terms of content and style. 
  • I have nothing to add to this conversion except a stupid, pointless pun: Wand Erection

/juvenile 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

Snap said:
    and to add, he can actually play, and sing, and write. His first album is alright, certainly trying to make a nod to decent music though I bet the label reins in what he is allowed to do and not allowed in terms of content and style. 
    Yes - I bought that album and Rag'n'Bone Man's Human on the same day... I thought Rag'n'Bone Man would be the better of the two given that he was the Next Big Thing at the time, but it was very much the other way round.

I've only heard the first single from the new one so far but it's quite promising - not as overtly 70s pop-rock based, but maybe a bit more interesting. The guitar sound on the solo is quite synthy-sounding too, not so classic rock.