Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16681
    considering the speed everyone is travelling at this series I am surprised the army of the dead have not popped down to kings landing for a nice spot of lunch before an evening out at dragon stone and a brief stop over on the fingers.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

• Edit - you can do spoiler hides on both desktop and mobile (iOs at least) versions of the site
    How?

It seems my reveal (now deleted) may be coming true in the next episode or one after...
    There's a button on the editor that looks like a backwards P and an l, next to the italics button. Click that and select spoiler
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    edited August 2017
    And yeah if that spoiler is true you're not a real musician
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeppers, that was a bloody good episode. Of course I'm now wishing I'd avoided them all so I could have done an epic binge in 2 weeks time, but yeah, like that was ever going to happen.

Although surely the easiest way to get a dead 'un would be to just kill someone beyond the wall and drag them back into the castle? #killjoy ;)

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941

Edit - you can do spoiler hides on both desktop and mobile (iOs at least) versions of the site
    How?

It seems my reveal (now deleted) may be coming true in the next episode or one after...
    There's a button on the editor that looks like a backwards P and an l, next to the italics button. Click that and select spoiler
    OK thanks, got it now

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941

And yeah if that spoiler is true you're not a real musician
    Dracarys!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lol
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27007
    "I thought you might still be rowing"

Priceless. Ser Davos had better not end up dead!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3052
    Interesting development on Arya and Little Finger. Looking forward to seeing what happens between them
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Last episode was fairly meh. Tbh this whole season has been meh from the off. Too much editorialising in the dialogue for one thing, and not enough detail in the plot. They're rushing to finish it, you can tell.

I kind of hope Denny gets killed.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    Loved that. Bit of fan service. Good to have him back.

I think Davos has a few more episodes in him yet. I wouldn't bet on him getting through next season...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

TimmyO said:

Also: Vote Gilly for Grand Maester 

Nice little easter egg that. And Sam too busy being all righteously angry and shit to even notice.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27007

I think Davos has a few more episodes in him yet. I wouldn't bet on him getting through next season...
    It was the repeated "i'm no fighter" that has me worried. Possibly it's a red herring and he'll actually do something awesome. I hope so!

I'm a little concerned they're flying through the story a bit quick this year. Compared to previous seasons where actually not much happens in some episodes, but you find out loads of stuff. We've had most of a season's worth of events in the last 2 episodes...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    So, who do we reckon isn't coming back from the Dirty Dozen mission? It's an all-star cast and it's guaranteed to go dramatically, excitingly wrong.

Also, Tormund's crush on Brienne. Love it.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12370
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Last episode was fairly meh. Tbh this whole season has been meh from the off. Too much editorialising in the dialogue for one thing, and not enough detail in the plot. They're rushing to finish it, you can tell.

I kind of hope Denny gets killed.
    I agree, they're rushing it. I don't know why they didn't make this a 10 episode series as usual and develop some of the plot lines a bit more. The Hound just happening to turn up in jail with a couple of mates, one of who has a flaming sword, seemed a little too convenient. No clue as to what their motivation for going beyond the wall is, so far anyway. 

I'm still enjoying it though. The fiery battle last week was epic. They've finally got the CGI dragons done to a much better standard too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391

I'm a little concerned they're flying through the story a bit quick this year. Compared to previous seasons where actually not much happens in some episodes, but you find out loads of stuff. We've had most of a season's worth of events in the last 2 episodes...
    Maybe even they've got bored with George's snail like progress on the detailed story line and broad-brushed the ending. These things cost a fortune to make .....
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24286
    Jalapeno said:

Maybe even they've got bored with George's snail like progress on the detailed story line and broad-brushed the ending. These things cost a fortune to make .....
    He's a walking advert for heart failure as well - so he's told the telly show people the important stuff so they can finish it even if he doesn't get there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    edited August 2017
    I reckon he's finished both books (from a story line POV), and just turd polishing the words, so if he does have a seizure the publishers will get the books out.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback

It was the repeated "i'm no fighter" that has me worried. 

Yeah, he's repeated it too many times now for it not to have a payoff somewhere down the line. I think he's going to make it though.

boogieman said:

I don't know why they didn't make this a 10 episode series as usual and develop some of the plot lines a bit more. The Hound just happening to turn up in jail with a couple of mates, one of who has a flaming sword, seemed a little too convenient. No clue as to what their motivation for going beyond the wall is, so far anyway. 
    They did cover it back in Ep.1 (and last season when the Hound initially fell in with the Brotherhood), although I'd understand if you didn't think "I seen it in the flames, didn't I?" was a good explanation. Once that was done there wasn't much to cover about their journey aside from more horseback snark. Now I enjoy hearing the Hound call people names as much as the next guy, but it would have been padding.

Jalapeno said:

They've been diverging from the storyline in the books since the beginning (although only on very minor details in S1). There are entire plotlines in the book that haven't appeared in the show at all (Aegon Targaryen), or that are different to the point of being unrecognisable (Dorne), characters that are alive in the books but dead in the show (Jon's besties in the Night's Watch, Barristan Selmy) and any number of other important differences. The show was never going to have the same ending as the books.

But I can't imagine anything would have been signed off if HBO hadn't had at least a synopsis of the entire plot from GRRM.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12370

It was the repeated "i'm no fighter" that has me worried. 

Yeah, he's repeated it too many times now for it not to have a payoff somewhere down the line. I think he's going to make it though.

boogieman said:

I don't know why they didn't make this a 10 episode series as usual and develop some of the plot lines a bit more. The Hound just happening to turn up in jail with a couple of mates, one of who has a flaming sword, seemed a little too convenient. No clue as to what their motivation for going beyond the wall is, so far anyway. 
    They did cover it back in Ep.1 (and last season when the Hound initially fell in with the Brotherhood), although I'd understand if you didn't think "I seen it in the flames, didn't I?" was a good explanation. Once that was done there wasn't much to cover about their journey aside from more horseback snark. Now I enjoy hearing the Hound call people names as much as the next guy, but it would have been padding.

Jalapeno said:

They've been diverging from the storyline in the books since the beginning (although only on very minor details in S1). There are entire plotlines in the book that haven't appeared in the show at all (Aegon Targaryen), or that are different to the point of being unrecognisable (Dorne), characters that are alive in the books but dead in the show (Jon's besties in the Night's Watch, Barristan Selmy) and any number of other important differences. The show was never going to have the same ending as the books.

But I can't imagine anything would have been signed off if HBO hadn't had at least a synopsis of the entire plot from GRRM.
    Ah yep you're right on the Hound and the Brotherhood. I hadn't linked the "look into the fire" moment with them deciding to go beyond the wall. Thought it was more about his final fate, but what you say makes sense. 

Interesting point from Caitlin Moran on Thronecast last night, about the phrophecy for Cersei. The "little brother" that will kill her might just be her new child?