Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2430
    boogieman said:
    FarleyUK said:
    They need to nerf the new teleportation ability everyone has. WAAAAAAAY overpowered.

Where did the chains come from?

Why didn't the NK start attacking them on the island with the spears?

How did Gendry manage to run so far back so quickly? What with that and rowing, he's the Westeros' IronMan.

I thought a lot of that ^ too.
    Also:

They were freezing but had a man with a flaming sword with them. Why didn't he just light it up? 

What happened to the second unhurt dragon? Why didn't Daenarys send it to pick up Jon? In fact why didn't she attack the Night King with the dragons? 
    And why didn't the NK attack the GREAT BIG DANGEROUS DRAGON RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM WITH ALL THE HEROES ON IT instead of the one flying around a lot further away?

Was he just show-boating?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    Great stuff.  Lapping it up ! Sisterly bitchiness was good stuff too.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5163
    boogieman said:

What happened to the second unhurt dragon? Why didn't Daenarys send it to pick up Jon? In fact why didn't she attack the Night King with the dragons? 
    I think her control over the other two dragons is limited. It's implied in the books, but the background Westeros material (The Princess and the Queen and The Rogue Prince novellas) goes in to a little more detail about how the relationship between a dragon and a rider works. A dragon forms a kind of bond with a rider that allows the rider to control them, whereas unbonded dragons aren't under the same control (and can eventually become wild). Basically, she can't really tell those dragons do do anything much.

It's also implied that the White Walkers are at least resistant to fire, if not immune to it altogether. We've seen them walk through flames on several occasions, and the fire goes out around them. I don't think we can be confident that dragonfire will harm them. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

FarleyUK said:

I think perhaps the most plausible, and perhaps the most concerning for the characters is that the Night King knew where they'd be, and how it was all going to pan out, and that he wasn't interested in anyone on that island, only in the dragons.

He could tell that Bran was warging the ravens a couple of episodes back. Not only that, but he was able to "eject" him from the birds easily. That, and the scene where we see wights "die" when Jon kills the White Walker who created them suggests that they're under their control in a similar way to how Bran was able to control his Direwolf, or the ravens, or Hodor, only on a much larger scale. The fact that the Night King is the only other person Bran and the Three Eyed Raven see in their visions who's aware of their presence suggests that he has a similar ability to see past, present and future events. If that's the case, he could have predicted when and where he could trap Jon and his Dirty Dozen and force an airborne rescue attempt with dragons. 

That would also explain how they already had a shitload of massive chains. They could have been forging them for centuries for just that moment. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

FarleyUK said:

I think perhaps the most plausible, and perhaps the most concerning for the characters is that the Night King knew where they'd be, and how it was all going to pan out, and that he wasn't interested in anyone on that island, only in the dragons.

He could tell that Bran was warging the ravens a couple of episodes back. Not only that, but he was able to "eject" him from the birds easily. That, and the scene where we see wights "die" when Jon kills the White Walker who created them suggests that they're under their control in a similar way to how Bran was able to control his Direwolf, or the ravens, or Hodor, only on a much larger scale. The fact that the Night King is the only other person Bran and the Three Eyed Raven see in their visions who's aware of their presence suggests that he has a similar ability to see past, present and future events. If that's the case, he could have predicted when and where he could trap Jon and his Dirty Dozen and force an airborne rescue attempt with dragons. 

That would also explain how they already had a shitload of massive chains. They could have been forging them for centuries for just that moment. 
    True.

I've also seen a lot of discussion around just who the NK might actually be - which would explain a lot.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    FarleyUK said:

True.

I've also seen a lot of discussion around just who the NK might actually be - which would explain a lot.

Yeah, that particular theory seems to have become quite popular recently. Not sure I buy it.

Why would they include the scene in the last series of the Night King being created by the Children of the Forest if the theory is true?

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13958
    edited August 2017
    Jon Snow is going to bone Daenerys, you know it!

• Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    FarleyUK said:

FarleyUK said:

True.

wisdom. Once you see it, it cant be unseen.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13958
    FarleyUK said:

Lee Anderton is the Night King

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    FarleyUK said:

Lee Anderton is the Night King
    He can't be - Chappers wasn't seen in the episode riding his coat-tails.

(I jest! I jest!)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4652
    How did the raven get from Eastwatch to dragon stone so quickly and then the dragons back to Jon?
  • How did the raven get from Eastwatch to dragon stone so quickly and then the dragons back to Jon?
    I think you have to imagine the Ravens in GoT to be the equivalent of a text message! 
    How did the raven get from Eastwatch to dragon stone so quickly and then the dragons back to Jon?
    I think you have to imagine the Ravens in GoT to be the equivalent of a text message! 

The travel on that show has got really silly. Back in series 1 it took Jon and Tyrion several days to get from Winterfell to the Wall, now people seem to be able to get wherever they want in seconds. I'm surprised Sam hasn't turned up at the Wall already in his rocket-powered donkey cart.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7541
    Red ones are better. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24572

The travel on that show has got really silly. Back in series 1 it took Jon and Tyrion several days to get from Winterfell to the Wall, now people seem to be able to get wherever they want in seconds. I'm surprised Sam hasn't turned up at the Wall already in his rocket-powered donkey cart.
    That is just so unbelievable.

Even more so than the dragons.

Wait...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27182

That is just so unbelievable.

Even more so than the dragons.

Wait...
    It's not that it's unrealistic, it's that it appears to breach the show's own internal logic. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24572
    I just read an except from GRRM's 1993 three page pitch that suggests some big names won't be reaching the end

Spoiler vision

"Five central characters will make it through all three volumes, however, growing from children to adults and changing  the world and themselves in the process. In a sense, my trilogy  is almost a generational saga, telling the life stories of these  five characters, three men and two women. The five key players  are Tyrion Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, and three of the  children of Winterfell, Arya, Bran, and the bastard Jon Snow."

No Cersi and no Sansa?

I just read an except from GRRM's 1993 three page pitch that suggests some big names won't be reaching the end

Spoiler vision

"Five central characters will make it through all three volumes, however, growing from children to adults and changing  the world and themselves in the process. In a sense, my trilogy  is almost a generational saga, telling the life stories of these  five characters, three men and two women. The five key players  are Tyrion Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, and three of the  children of Winterfell, Arya, Bran, and the bastard Jon Snow."

No Cersi and no Sansa?

He probably started writing it back in 1970...

Not too shocked at that though to be honest.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    edited August 2017
    Another thought - I'm glad it's finally getting a bit of momentum !  No doubt if/when the books come out they'll be as ponderous as ever (which was half the charm I accept)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7541
    It's be awesome if the storyline had Littlefinger stoke the sister-hate and Arya killed Sansa. That'd be very GRRM. I think Sansa has always been seasoning rather than a main ingredient. Or something. 
    Red ones are better.