Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4675
    Cersei Kills Jamie, Arya steals his face and they goes back and kills Cersei thus keeping the killed my little brother thing 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2442
    Think it's safe to say the show has now jumped the shark. So many disappointingly stupid decisions made by characters that have now become 2 dimensional. Really disappointed with this episode.

1. Scouts? Nah, we all know that the enemy has a superior fleet, but surely they won't be in the area.
    2. Enemy intel - why did Jamie not mention anything about the GIANT FUCKING CROSSBOWS Cersei has?
    3. Magicly guided homing bolts, on a moving target, from a long distance, on a moving platform, getting the first 3 shots all on target.
    4. Why would Cersei not just kill Dany, Tyrion, Drogon etc. when they were as vulnerable as they're going to be? So out of character it's unreal
    5. I get that the whole Ghost thing was symbolic, but FFS - how about cutting out Bran's wheelchair fetish and have 30 seconds of Jon acknowledging that Ghost has been a good doggo?

I just.... wow. Was really shaking my head at a lot of the stuff in this episode. Safe to say the show has become far too 'Hollywood'.
    boogieman said:
    Just had a thought: I wonder if all the leading contenders to the throne die? That would leave Genjy (sp?) to become king I think? Firstly, Daenerys made a big thing of legitimising him as Robert Barratheon’s heir but also it’s never really been explained why the Red Witch spared him. She’d been quite happy to kill off others. Arya said she didn’t want to be a lady when Genjy proposed, but maybe she’d accept becoming queen. 
    It's a paradox; by accepting his legitimisation, he accepts Dany as the Queen. If he claims the throne, he is denying she is Queen, therefore cancelling his legitimacy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27270
    Cersei Kills Jamie, Arya steals his face and they goes back and kills Cersei thus keeping the killed my little brother thing 
    I can see that happening. Would be quite satisfying, if done right.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I can see that happening. Would be quite satisfying, if done right.
    She has already killed the NK; pretty sure they won't give her the Cersei kill as well.

My bet is - CLEAGNEBOWL 2019 happens, Hound gets killed, Mountain gets killed by Arya who is fatally wounded in the process.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    edited May 2019

I agree that it's gone  too Hollywood. I really hope we get some trademark surprises still. Hopefully Danaerys goes full tilt Targaryen mental and loses the plot big style, lays waste to everything. It's been too predictable so far IMO.

Arya is my bet to kill Cersei too. She's been on her list from the start. The Hound will die saving Arya, having just about finished off the Mountain. That will be his redemption.

Varys will try to kill Dany, Tyrion will thwart it, causing Varys to die in the process, causing Tyrion huge conflict. Jon or Tyrion to off Dany, at the peak of her lunacy. Jon then gives Tyrion the throne and swans off back to Castle Black to join the free people. He makes the same choice as the old grand master, Aemmon Targaryen.

So, there's my bets!

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24669
    I think the dragons had to die. They had been built up as a nuclear option, but then ended up too strong for a sensible final battle if they were indestructible. Their death also allows Danny to get more maternally unhinged.

Bit like excluding Thor and Hulk from Captain America Civil War. Which ever side they were on would win.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3777
    FarleyUK said:
    Think it's safe to say the show has now jumped the shark. So many disappointingly stupid decisions made by characters that have now become 2 dimensional. Really disappointed with this episode.

1. Scouts? Nah, we all know that the enemy has a superior fleet, but surely they won't be in the area.
    2. Enemy intel - why did Jamie not mention anything about the GIANT FUCKING CROSSBOWS Cersei has?
    3. Magicly guided homing bolts, on a moving target, from a long distance, on a moving platform, getting the first 3 shots all on target.
    4. Why would Cersei not just kill Dany, Tyrion, Drogon etc. when they were as vulnerable as they're going to be? So out of character it's unreal
    5. I get that the whole Ghost thing was symbolic, but FFS - how about cutting out Bran's wheelchair fetish and have 30 seconds of Jon acknowledging that Ghost has been a good doggo?

I just.... wow. Was really shaking my head at a lot of the stuff in this episode. Safe to say the show has become far too 'Hollywood'.
    Yes! The dragon getting killed and Jon’s desertion of Ghost were more moving than any of the humans’ deaths.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12433
    I was very sad about Missandei, among the top 2 women in westeros (with Sansa obvs)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    munckee said:
    I was very sad about Missandei, among the top 2 women in westeros (with Sansa obvs)
    Don't see the appeal of Sansa, not even top 5!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13960
    edited May 2019
    I think the dragons had to die. They had been built up as a nuclear option, but then ended up too strong for a sensible final battle if they were indestructible. Their death also allows Danny to get more maternally unhinged.

Bit like excluding Thor and Hulk from Captain America Civil War. Which ever side they were on would win.

I think I agree, I wonder if Drogon will be killed? Does Daenerys descend into a mad spiral of defeat ending in her demise? Or does she rise again with some as yet unseen or unknown tactic or weapon?

On the other hand Cersei needs to be uprooted, evil cow. She gives me the raging horn!

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 275
    munckee said:
    Ygritte, though...

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    munckee said:
    GET. OUT.

Redhead, with blue eyes. DING DONG.
    edited May 2019
    FarleyUK said:
    munckee said:
    GET. OUT.

So's Thormond Giantsbane!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    FarleyUK said:
    munckee said:
    GET. OUT.

Yeah, but some coward shat in his pants.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    FarleyUK said:
    FarleyUK said:
    munckee said:
    GET. OUT.

Yeah, but some coward shat in his pants.
    Classic line..... Best bit of Ep4! =)
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12005

good point, mind you her tactical use of air power has been hopeless so far

I think some face-to-face ending is needed to thin out the contenders

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12005

I think I agree, I wonder if Drogon will be killed? Does Daenerys descend into a mad spiral of defeat ending in her demise? Or does she rise again with some as yet unseen or unknown tactic or weapon?

On the other hand Cersei needs to be uprooted, evil cow. She gives me the raging horn!

It is strange to watch evil but extremely attractive characters in drama
    I think they cast pretty guys in evil roles quite frequently, but I don't think it happens so often with female characters

I think they cast pretty guys in evil roles quite frequently, but I don't think it happens so often with female characters
    Gone off Cersei since she's gone for the Joffrey cut hairstyle!
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13960

Gone off Cersei since she's gone for the Joffrey cut hairstyle!
    I think Lena Headey need to go in the MILF thread, I'll take care of it now.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom