Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14002
    edited May 2019
    Gendry to make armour for Drogon to make him impervious to the scorpion arrows? Would explain the surprised look on Greyjoy's face at the end of the Ep5 trailer.

FFS how many more sleeps?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1392
    I think the dragons had to die. They had been built up as a nuclear option, but then ended up too strong for a sensible final battle if they were indestructible. Their death also allows Danny to get more maternally unhinged.

Bit like excluding Thor and Hulk from Captain America Civil War. Which ever side they were on would win.

I think I agree, I wonder if Drogon will be killed? Does Daenerys descend into a mad spiral of defeat ending in her demise? Or does she rise again with some as yet unseen or unknown tactic or weapon?

On the other hand Cersei needs to be uprooted, evil cow. She gives me the raging horn!

It is strange to watch evil but extremely attractive characters in drama
    I think they cast pretty guys in evil roles quite frequently, but I don't think it happens so often with female characters
    Gone off Cersei since she's gone for the Joffrey cut hairstyle!
    I think Lena Headey need to go in the MILF thread, I'll take care of it now.
    Better as Sarah Connor.....
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2449
    I always thought Lena Headey was a terrible actress. Just seems to have one performance setting - 'mildly smug and seething with repressed anger'.
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1708
    Gendry to make armour for Drogon to make him impervious to the scorpion arrows? Would explain the surprised look on Greyjoy's face at the end of the Ep5 trailer.

FFS how many more sleeps?
    That's Lord Gendry to you!!!
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10515
    How the hell did their boats get ambushed by the greylord fleet when they had the advantage of height on the dragon ... they could have seen the boats miles before from the air ?
    Why did she fly straight towards the big ol crossbow ? you would flank it and attack from the sides or behind  ?

I'm gonna watch it to the the end but there's no denying the fact it is a load of old shit now with more plot holes than Armageddon :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12274
    FarleyUK said:
    I always thought Lena Headey was a terrible actress. Just seems to have one performance setting - 'mildly smug and seething with repressed anger'.
    To be fair, that's Cersei now.

Her one redeeming character trait was her love for her children, now they are all dead, she has no redeeming traits.

She would rather watch thousands of people burn, and die herself, than give the dragon queen a victory.

Daenarys is turning into her, so the question becomes, does Dany get killed by her own team, or does she step back from the edge?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12500
    FarleyUK said:

Her one redeeming character trait was her love for her children, now they are all dead, she has no redeeming traits.

She would rather watch thousands of people burn, and die herself, than give the dragon queen a victory.

Daenarys is turning into her, so the question becomes, does Dany get killed by her own team, or does she step back from the edge?
    My new theory is Dany wins the last war so brutally that tyrion assasinates her for being nuts.  Jon goes north of te wall to be with that dog and giantsbane, sansa rules the north, gendry gets the south with arya as the kingsguard and ser davos as hand.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6406
    Think Cersei's short hair is because she had her head shaved not so long ago in the timeline. I know we wait years for series, and decades for books, but the TV series' time is very compressed.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    Jalapeno said:
    Think Cersei's short hair is because she had her head shaved not so long ago in the timeline. I know we wait years for series, and decades for books, but the TV series' time is very compressed.
    I watched S1Ep2 last night and her hair now is exactly like Joffreys was then, my guess its a nod to her continuing his reign. Even if he was a Bastard king born of incest!

And a horrible little c*nt to boot!!
    FarleyUK said:

She was the same in Sarah Connor Chronicles as well though. Pretty one-dimensional actress, I'd say.

Even her voice-over in the Mercedes adverts is the same.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24780
    FarleyUK said:
    She was great in Dredd as Ma Ma.

Seething, and repressed, and...

as you were.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12068
    FarleyUK said:
    She was great in Dredd as Ma Ma.

Seething, and repressed, and...

as you were.
    The parole officer
    FarleyUK said:
    She was the same in Sarah Connor Chronicles as well though. Pretty one-dimensional actress, I'd say.

Even her voice-over in the Mercedes adverts is the same.
    To be fair in SCC she got to act opposite Shirley Manson, who as an actress, is a great singer!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24780
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3090
    Interestingly, the actress Masie Williams who plays Arya Stark, GOT is her first professional acting job, pretty huge first pro gig! 

More interestingly, or bizarrely autocorrect made Arya Stark into Aria Strat!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

paulnb57 said:
    Interestingly, the actress Masie Williams who plays Arya Stark, GOT is her first professional acting job, pretty huge first pro gig! 

More interestingly, or bizarrely autocorrect made Arya Stark into Aria Strat!
    The pressure on the casting team must be enormous, having to recruit actors who will grow into those roles, remain photogenic, and be able to do the heavy lifting their parts require as they get older.

GOT wisely used the Harry Potter technique, of pairing the young actors with very experienced British actors who could help the younger cast members along, as well as adding extra gravitas to scenes.

It's a credit to the show and it's team that Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams etc. have grown to be just as compelling on-screen as Diana Rigg and Charles Dance were.
    Sophie Turner has certainly matured well.

Phwooooar.

Anyway, back on track - are we running a Fretboard 'Dead Pool' on who's still standing at the end? Personally, I think the only people who will make it out alive will be Brienne, Jaime, Sansa, Tormund and maybe Sam (unfortunately).
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8831
    FarleyUK said:

Anyway, back on track - are we running a Fretboard 'Dead Pool' on who's still standing at the end? Personally, I think the only people who will make it out alive will be Brienne, Jaime, Sansa, Tormund and maybe Sam (unfortunately).
    Ten guineas on Hot Pie.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer