Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4160
    edited May 2019
    You may still get that. Though that wouldn't be the death of one person would it?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13967
    There was a hint of Star Wars "turning to the dark side" about Daenerys' emotional struggle as the King's Landing bells were ringing.
    Bloody Drogon's got some power though to smash the walls and turrets of King's Landing.
    Also, I can't help feeling that if destroying the Iron Fleet was that easy how come they failed and lost a dragon first time? Element of surprise I suppose, they were not expecting is before but were on the attack this time.
    I think we face and ending that see history repeating itself as the Game of Thrones continues beyond the end of the final episode...a series this popular will be revisited in the future, maybe 30 years later.

edited May 2019
    Perhaps. It's a constantly spinning wheel, and we've just seen a bit of it.

I thought the dragon being killed last week was a bit cheap - but it was a surprise.
    In this episode Dany was not only on the attack, she attacked from directions and in ways that made it almost impossible to use the crossbows against her.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27320
    edited May 2019
    Did everyone else watch a different episode? I just saw a load of unearned drama that was frankly just rushed and a bit shit. 

The first 20 minutes alone would have been 2 whole episodes if it happened in season 4. 

And to finish with a Deux Ex Machinhorse... WTF

I'll watch the last one for the sake of finishing it but honestly I'm done. Even with the extra year they've rushed the last 2 seasons and lost all of the politics and dialogue and characters that feel like real people with real motivations that made the first 5 seasons so great. 

Feh.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    This is where the politics led, war. And that's when you really lose control.
    They've spent seven seasons getting to this battle.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7592
    Did everyone else watch a different episode? I just saw a load of unearned drama that was frankly just rushed and a bit shit. 

The first 20 minutes alone would have been 2 whole episodes if it happened in season 4. 

I'll watch the last one for the sake of finishing it but honestly I'm done. Even with the extra year they've rushed the last 2 seasons and lost all of the politics and dialogue and characters that feel like real people with real motivations that made the first 5 seasons so great. 

Feh.
    I think that's simply because they got past the well written stuff and into the timeline that had only been sketched out by GRRM. This is as good as showrunners can make a show without actual source material. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27320
    TimmyO said:

Feh.
    I think that's simply because they got past the well written stuff and into the timeline that had only been sketched out by GRRM. This is as good as showrunners can make a show without actual source material. 
    Yeah, I understand why it’s happened. But understanding that doesn’t make uk for it. It just doesn’t feel right - it’s all rushed. If Dang is going to go full nutso-queen then that shouldn’t be something that happens over the course of one or two episodes - it should take the best part of a whole season.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Having read all the books I don't really see that having GRRM source material is a positive. While the first few were very good (though a complete ripoff of Tad Williams' Memory, Sorrow and Thorn). 

The last two were a bloody awful boring slog. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 587
    I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him.”

Bit on the nose maybe, but I liked it! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 994
    How many million gallons of firey puke can come from one dragon?  It didn't need to be that far beyond the implausible to set the direction change for blondie surely?

And when it lept that shark...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2019
    How many million gallons of firey puke can come from one dragon?  It didn't need to be that far beyond the implausible to set the direction change for blondie surely?

And when it lept that shark...
    Back in season one Dany smiled as her brother was killed. She's left roads adorned with the crucified. She's always taken the bloody path unless advisers have managed to convince her otherwise. Violent revenge has always been her thing.
    But lots of folks see her as their cuddly blond hero and just can't cope with her being a monster. At least Cercei is more honest about what she is.

• Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4667

My prediction
    Snow faces Danny on dragon sword in hand. Given he is Tygarian he is fire proof and lops off the dragons head.
    We then go back to Episode 1. Where he is judge and executioner just like his foster dad.

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13967
    OK there's a few of things I'm puzzled by, not sure if I missed some things or not:
    What was the purpose of Varys and the little girl when he said keep trying and taking risks etc? What was she trying to do, poison Daenerys?
    and, Tyrion asked sir Davos to do him a favour because he was a smuggler, what was the favour? Smuggle Jamie to King's Landing I presume?
    And, who was Varys writing the letters to? Appearing to write about Jon being the rightful heir presumably?
    is Greyjoy still alive?

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2444
    Very strange episode. Rushed to buggery, I feel.

However....

FUCKING CLEGANEBOWL 2019!!!!111!!!1!1!

GET HYPE!!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4667
    And Cercie did die BY her little brother
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10475
    Nice to see it veer off the Hollywood script and get a bit edgy ... best episode of this season for me 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12015
    OK there's a few of things I'm puzzled by, not sure if I missed some things or not:

and, Tyrion asked sir Davos to do him a favour because he was a smuggler, what was the favour? Smuggle Jamie to King's Landing I presume?

out of
    they are setting up Arya to be the Queen slayer. Maybe she'll do it, maybe she'll fail and jonny has to do it

Less tacky for the incest twins to die in that way

Greyworm will be an issue I assume
    Will nutty D find out about Jaime's release, or is she too mad to care?
    For the record, I'm not convinced about the physics of dragon flames demolishing walls with the power of TNT