Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5015
    edited May 2019
    I’ve seen a few ideas that Bran warged into Drogon to make him burn the city already, just to make D look bad.

But that wouldn’t fit the necessary narrative of her turning into a psycho.
    I think it's fairly well established that she's always been a psycho (all the way back to enjoying her own brother's "Crown for King" execution), but a pretty blonde one that fools weak minded men to do her bidding, and a legion of fans to do the same. And Ser Jorah, Khal Drogo, Daario Naharis, Tyrion, Jon Snow, Grey Wurm, etc...

She certainly wasn't riding Drogon burning the city yelling "No boy, bad dragon". She's been a psycho ever since day one of her story arc, it's just coming to fruition.

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 992

It's certainly a theory...

I'm not sure the show will do much more in the last episode than a last murder spree at this point, but some kind of reinforcing of the moral messages of the show would go down well...
    If they really want to reinforce the shows real message, we'll need more boobs.

Entrails + Boobs + dark ages costume = ratings hit (aka cash!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5546
    Aye, so you see the whole 'Jon is a Targ and therefore Dragonproof' thang. Has that been confirmed in the books (which I've never read) or the series (in which I may have missed)?
    Your answers, please.
  • ColsCols Frets: 7084
    edited May 2019
    DiscoStu said:
    Aye, so you see the whole 'Jon is a Targ and therefore Dragonproof' thang. Has that been confirmed in the books (which I've never read) or the series (in which I may have missed)?
    Your answers, please.
    There’s precedent for Daenerys being somewhat heat-resistant (funeral pyres, very hot baths).  Jon is not, as he burned his hand destroying the dismembered hand of the first wight brought to Castle Black.

More likely Daenerys will say ”Crispy fried Jon Snow please” and Drogon will go “Pffft.  Nope.”
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4938
    ...and they all lived happily ever after.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11831

It's certainly a theory...

I'm not sure the show will do much more in the last episode than a last murder spree at this point, but some kind of reinforcing of the moral messages of the show would go down well...
    If they really want to reinforce the shows real message, we'll need more boobs.

Entrails + Boobs + dark ages costume = ratings hit (aka cash!)
    I sort of hate that Emilia Clarke got no more nudity written into her contract.  She is really a very, very attractive woman.

Still, there is always season one on Now TV...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    DiscoStu said:
    Your answers, please.
    Books stop where John Snow was bumped off when Knights Watch commander - everything since then has been new to everyone.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    I’ve seen a few ideas that Bran warged into Drogon to make him burn the city already, just to make D look bad.

But that wouldn’t fit the necessary narrative of her turning into a psycho.
    I think it's fairly well established that she's always been a psycho (all the way back to enjoying her own brother's "Crown for King" execution), but a pretty blonde one that fools weak minded men to do her bidding, and a legion of fans to do the same. And Ser Jorah, Khal Drogo, Daario Naharis, Tyrion, Jon Snow, Grey Wurm, etc...

She certainly wasn't riding Drogon burning the city yelling "No boy, bad dragon". She's been a psycho ever since day one of her story arc, it's just coming to fruition.

And don’t forget when she locked Doreah and Xaro Xhoan Daxos (lucky bugger) in his vault and took all his gold to buy a boat and the unsullied!
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12414
    Well bugger me sideways with a fish fork. Did not see that outcome. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24544
    I started work early so I can watch it with the wife when she gets back from her morning shift at about 10am

Benefits of being self employed!
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3061
    Watched it at 5 this morning. Wasnt expecting the outcome but I do feel a little short changed with a couple of the characters. I'll wait till everyone's seen it to give my opinion
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4149
    That'll do. Thanks, GoT. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27165
    edited May 2019
    Everything happened pretty much as I expected. Better than eps 4 & 5 but still hugely rushed. Satisfying but in a sort of minimum-effort sort of way.

The last 2 short seasons should have been 3 full-length ones. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26712
    Can anyone say "spin-off bait"? :D
    <space for hire>
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4193
    Again, I’ll wait till everyone has seen it, this will grumble on for years
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7537
    The Reddit algorithm decided that the first push message it wanted to send to my phone in days was a massive spoiler for this - luckily I was watching it over breakfast and had already got to the bit it spoiled. 

I was satisfied - but it will still doubtless fuel keyboard warrior rage for years 
    Red ones are better. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3737
    Can anyone say "spin-off bait"? :D
    That's what I thought. But they've destroyed the set for any hopes of a prequel!

Overall I enjoyed it, the opening scene incredibly powerful and the "right" ending in my view.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24544
    I liked that.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13955
    edited May 2019
    I don't mind admitting that I blubbed a little especially at the John & Arya goodbye scene

I thought it was an emotional and fitting end. No spoilers but a series this big with that excellent ending has set up a huge opportunity for pre and post spin offs.

I felt that there was some definite WWII and post WWII parallels but that's for discussion once everyone has caught up 

• SnapSnap Frets: 6265

It was just "alright". Predictable, bit annoying, rushed. The whole picking of the King bit was crap.

Verdict on last series - 3 good episodes. All a mixed bag, could have been so much better with better writing.

Overall a bit disappointed that they fluffed it at the finish line. In comparison, my youngest is watching the S1 for the first time, just watched the red wedding.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom