Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    I really like the pedal edit function, can't help but think he could have put it on the floor in less time than he spent apologising for it not being on the floor though...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    edited June 2015

Sounds great here.

https://youtu.be/MBVT0kDO4n4

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    edited June 2015
    I didn't realise you could run most of your band through the Helix at the same time ie bass, vocals, guitar and drums (granted elctronic drums would be easier. This is what our drummer has.) This is a nice touch, it would make a huge difference to my band that's for sure. I'm even more interested now. At least this is the impression I'm getting.
  • longi said:
    I didn't realise you could run most of your band through the Helix at the same time ie bass, vocals, guitar and drums (granted elctronic drums would be easier. This is what our drummer has.) This is a nice touch, it would make a huge difference to my band that's for sure. I'm even more interested now. At least this is the impression I'm getting.
    You can, but I've been trying to temper expectations. Don't expect to get an entire processor's worth of amp and effects blocks for every band member.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Digital_Igloo;677334" said:
    longi said:

You can, but I've been trying to temper expectations. Don't expect to get an entire processor's worth of amp and effects blocks for every band member.
    Could it be moderate processing for guitar (say, effects, amp and ir) with just a pre for bass and mic model for the others?

Even just doing an instrument plus vocals makes it interesting. I see a surge in quality of Muse tribute bands from the point of view of vocal distortion...
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Does it have an effect model that adds a big, audible gulp of breathe half-way through every line?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    @Digital_Igloo It would be cool to see/hear some more tonal examples. The Univibed Marshall was very useable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chrispy108;677365" said:
    Does it have an effect model that adds a big, audible gulp of breathe half-way through every line?
    Sadly not, that still requires human input.

But drenching vocals in reverb and distortion is attractive to me.
  • @Digital_Igloo It would be cool to see/hear some more tonal examples. The Univibed Marshall was very useable.
    We'll have more clips up in the coming weeks.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22137
    http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=47360&p=964129#p964129

"Almost all the effects are new.
    The verbs are based on the Verbzilla reverbs, but they are tweaked and they have more comprehensive EQing of the wet path.
    Eight of the ten wahs are from HD500/M9/13, but have added features.
    The rest of the effects are all new.

I do not think looping has midi sync right now. It might be in an update, but I can't say for certain.

Cheers!"

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2441

I should be able to get you guys confirmed UK pricing and availability soon.

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Clips:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2015
    The Clean Luxury demo sounds LUSSSSSSHHHHH!!! As does the Scratchy clean demo. Very very nice.

The bass sounds sounded nice too. Preferred the low grind bass to the 70's warm P. But that's just a preference thing.

I'm a high-gain guy, but the first two demos didn't really give me what I wanted. Too djent. Too distant. Too filtered sounding. I need to hear someone ripping off Adam Jones to know if this thing can deliver the goods! *hint hint @Digital_Igloo ;)*

DI - I could even throw some DI's your way if you fancy. Just let me know via email.

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2441
    We are working on some demos at the moment so will do what I can to stick my nose in. I'm hearing good things from Paul Hindmarsh about it. There are some toanz I would like to hear myself. Still not had chance to see one in the flesh yet.

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

These are the sorts of tones I'm looking for Ross:
    http://bridgedisaster.co.uk/album/sunday-vocal-version

And a quick plug for my band ;)

I did spot in one of the videos, even though the reverbs are ported over from HD land... they've added parameters. At least a high cut and a low cut. That will most likely make all the difference to how they sit in the mix.

lolz
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    Sounds so good.

want want want want.
    This might be the thing that makes me go fully digital for live sets. All depends on the patch change times or scene abilities.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26586
    Drew_fx said:

lolz
    I'm shocked. I always approach companies' attempts at humour with trepidation, but that was actually quite funny!

Anyway...yeah, this sounds like it could be something really special. I'm just hoping that the patch changes are quick, the scene functions are good and FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY MAKE IT DO TRAILS!!!!!!!!!!
    <space for hire>
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    edited July 2015
    Watched that office vid. Tones seemed cool on SC but like Drew I'd like to hear something beefier for high gain. All looks good on paper though.