Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    longi said:

That all depends on the I/O options - hopefully it's not like the Eleven Rack, where the amp and cab blocks are stuck together and you can't run one output with the cab model and one without. That frustrated the hell out of me.
    I could be wrong, but I think they've already confirmed that that is the case.
    You're right, but I was typing while distracted. Basically, I mean...I'm worried where the gotchas are with the I/O options. 

I suppose really it's where the gotchas are in general - there's usually something, and this thing looks far too perfect. I'm too cynical to believe that somebody's finally got it right.

I think there's a confirmation over on TGP that they can't be separated from each other in a thread that popped up today.

That is not correct.

In the listings on the unit, it offers amp, cab, amp+cab, and the IR block. As far as I can tell, you can add them individually if you wish.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • longi said:
    I think there's a confirmation over on TGP that they can't be separated from each other in a thread that popped up today.
    Helix has Amp+Cab, Amp, Preamp, Cab, and IR categories. The advantage of the Amp+Cab block is that it takes fewer locations and automatically pulls up a matching cab. Alternatively, choose separate Amp and Cab blocks. Route the main signal path to FOH via XLR and tap from between the Amp and Cab blocks to feed the onstage power amp and cab via 1/4".
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    edited July 2015
    Ahh ok thanks for the corrrection. I must have misunderstood it.
    :)
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26710
    longi said:
    Helix has Amp+Cab, Amp, Preamp, Cab, and IR categories. The advantage of the Amp+Cab block is that it takes fewer locations and automatically pulls up a matching cab. Alternatively, choose separate Amp and Cab blocks. Route the main signal path to FOH via XLR and tap from between the Amp and Cab blocks to feed the onstage power amp and cab via 1/4".
    Great stuff - is there much of a DSP saving using the Amp+Cab block as opposed to separates beyond the small overhead saving of having one block instead of two?
    <space for hire>
  • Great stuff - is there much of a DSP saving using the Amp+Cab block as opposed to separates beyond the small overhead saving of having one block instead of two?
    Just confirmed... An Amp+Cab block uses the exact same amount of DSP as separate Amp and Cab blocks.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Shut up and take my money.

When is this here in the You Kay?
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2462
    RMJ said:
    Shut up and take my money.

When is this here in the You Kay?

Won't be till the kids are back at school I'm afraid. I'm happy to look after your money for you while you wait though. ;-)

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Woke up this morning.
    Still want a helix.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
    @Drew_fx I thought you didn't do blues. That's the opening line to at least 50% of every blues song ever.
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    I'd be happy with some more demos for now. Come on Line 6 get some extensive and varied recordings up!
    I'm positively dripping for one.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17653
    tFB Trader
    I'm thinking I'll look into getting one early next year when a few people have tried them and shops have stopped selling them at full RRP.
    I'm thinking I'll look into getting one early next year when a few people have tried them and shops have stopped selling them at full RRP.
    I'll be honest, I'm waiting for them to give us a discount code in return for all this exposure... :D
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17653
    tFB Trader
    I'll be honest, I'm waiting for them to give us a discount code in return for all this exposure... :D
    Yes think of the positive publicity it would create if they gave each of the site admins a free Helix.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Xileh

Helix backwards.
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Yes think of the positive publicity it would create if they gave each of the site admins a free Helix.
    How about every member?
    Stop crying, start buying
    monquixote;712861" said:
    digitalscream said:

monquixote said:

Maek meh admin naow kthxbai B-)
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2462
    =))

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

To be fair, he still owes us some guitars by my recollection...

;)
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30937
    A lad in Buckinghamshire near J2 of the M40 has said he's got 20 pre-production pieces for sale, via his other mate's ebay address.

He also sells cameras and VW parts.

Might be worth a punt

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom