Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26682
    Well, I figured it's safest. Don't want you having an aneurysm - you're going to be everybody's test pilot for this thing ;)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Well, I figured it's safest. Don't want you having an aneurysm - you're going to be everybody's test pilot for this thing ;)
    Bloody looks that way dunt it!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17652
    tFB Trader
    I must admit my first thought was "I'll let Drew buy it and pick it to bits then decide if I want one" :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2460
    Just because I'm lazy and can't be arsed to google, when are the FX8 and AX8's due? Also what price are they going to be?

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2015
    Just because I'm lazy and can't be arsed to google, when are the FX8 and AX8's due? Also what price are they going to be?
    "The FX 8 is now shipping to wait list customers" - 1599 Euros @ G66
    https://shop.fractalaudio.com/FX8_Multi_Effects_Pedalboard_p/fas-007.htm

AX8: "We're aiming for a 1st October release"

No price yet on the AX8, but I presume it'll be similar to the FX8.
    <space for hire>
    I must admit my first thought was "I'll let Drew buy it and pick it to bits then decide if I want one" :)
    Come on dude, lets do it together ;)

No price yet on the AX8, but I presume it'll be similar to the FX8

Brilliant, thanks. I'm sure our bigwigs have already looked at the competition pricing and will be aiming to at least get close. Hopefully have confirmed prices soon.

• ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554

No price yet on the AX8, but I presume it'll be similar to the FX8

Brilliant, thanks. I'm sure our bigwigs have already looked at the competition pricing and will be aiming to at least get close. Hopefully have confirmed prices soon.

I'm more concerned about the tones comparing than the price personally Ross. I love the look of the Helix and it seems like it should be very easy to use. Whether the tones will compare to what AFX2 users are posting on Fractals forum will be the decider though. Some of the Helix demo's available are very promising. I'll be watching with great interest over the next few weeks/months.
    @ElectroDan I agree totally on the price being secondary to the tones. I just know a lot of people are waiting to find out how much. The demos are coming though. Proof in the pudding etc.

• RolandRoland Frets: 8739
    Drew_fx said:
    He will.  You'll buy it, critique it, fall out with it, and he'll take it off your hands at a 40% discount
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    @ElectroDan I agree totally on the price being secondary to the tones. I just know a lot of people are waiting to find out how much. The demos are coming though. Proof in the pudding etc.

I'd just assumed the Helix were going to cost roughly what they are already being shown at on Thomann.

It's looks like a great product, which could be very popular. I wish you guys all the best with it.

Maybe one will even grace the underside of my shoe later this year.

:D
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    I avin one of these.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30932
    So sorry to disappoint but I don't do multi FX.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    Defo want.. can't wait for release day
    Roland said:
    Drew_fx said:
    He will.  You'll buy it, critique it, fall out with it, and he'll take it off your hands at a 40% discount
    uh-uh.
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    edited July 2015

That all depends on the I/O options - hopefully it's not like the Eleven Rack, where the amp and cab blocks are stuck together and you can't run one output with the cab model and one without. That frustrated the hell out of me.
    I could be wrong, but I think they've already confirmed that that is the case.
    You're right, but I was typing while distracted. Basically, I mean...I'm worried where the gotchas are with the I/O options. 

I suppose really it's where the gotchas are in general - there's usually something, and this thing looks far too perfect. I'm too cynical to believe that somebody's finally got it right.

I think there's a confirmation over on TGP that they can't be separated from each other in a thread that popped up today.

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, that would be strange and a shame - I'm sure I could do that on my old X3Live.  It was on the reasons I moved up from the xtpro so I could run with cab models to the pa and without models into a 4x12 or combo.
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Where does the Firehawk sit with the Helix on its way then? Is it POD technology but with tablet/phone interfacing whereas the Helix is new modelling?
    RMJ said:
    Where does the Firehawk sit with the Helix on its way then? Is it POD technology but with tablet/phone interfacing whereas the Helix is new modelling?
    Probably sits in the budget/mid-range end of things, 'cos let's face it...the Helix is going to be in the Kemper price range, whereas the Firehawk is cheaper than the POD HD.
    <space for hire>