Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• johnonguitarjohnonguitar Frets: 1243
    siraxeman;1103696" said:
    This is teh lawz in guitar gear....

Bad guitarist will make the best gear sound bad.

Good guitarist makes even average gear sound great.
    He can actually play a bit though
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Think I'm getting closer to making the Plexi BRT work for me. I can't really argue with that as a straight ahead rock sound. Maybe a little too present but would work in a mix. Ps. thats just some off the cuff shite so please dont judge.... 
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    edited June 2016
    the irony is the best sounding 2 demo's in this entire thread are found on page 92 posted on June 5th. Who'd have thunk it ? :))
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935

Think I'm getting closer to making the Plexi BRT work for me. I can't really argue with that as a straight ahead rock sound. Maybe a little too present but would work in a mix. Ps. thats just some off the cuff shite so please dont judge.... 
    There's nowt wrong with that cocka - that's a solid bit of rawk toanz.
    siraxeman;1103844" said:
    johnonguitar said:

There's nowt wrong with that cocka - that's a solid bit of rawk toanz.
    Yeah it really is just Rock Sound No. 1. Been struggling to find it though which is unusual... And by find it I mean be happy... Or at least not feel the need to tweak and just play
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24432
    Sounds great to me!

Just needs hitting with a DOD 250 and you've got your Yngwie!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    fretmeister;1103998" said:
    Sounds great to me!

Just needs hitting with a DOD 250 and you've got your Yngwie!
    It is the sound from whence all others go forth and rock :')
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4189
    edited June 2016
    I'm probably no different to the others here, I love my Helix, but sometimes I think about selling it and getting a Two Rock 35 and Line 6 M13
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    After hearing everyone rave about the Ubiquitous Vibe I've ended up very didsapointed in it.

I just don't think it's that good. I've finally had the chance to A/B it against my Lovepedal Vibronaut and well... I think I'm going to have to make an extra space on my board

It's not even just that I prefer the Lovepedal it's more that I don't know if I would ever want to turn the Uniquitoous on. I don't know what everyone else was hearing. I think it's easily the least good of all the mod effects on the Helix.

Still think the phasers and flangers are great though!
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I never liked that effect anyway
    Not in my repertoire so I don't know what a good one sounds like
    It always sounds like a dying valve amp to me
    Cabicular;1106371" said:
    I never liked that effect anyway
    Not in my repertoire so I don't know what a good one sounds like
    It always sounds like a dying valve amp to me
    I'll be honest I only ever use that effect late at night with a beer. Not much call for it anywhere else! But it's one of my musical escapes

It should sound like Bridge Of Sighs by Robin Trower and don't let anyone ever tell you differently
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4142
    @Sweepy - yeah, that's pretty much why I've put mine in the classifieds now. If it sells then I get to GAS, and if not I still get some* great sounds from it.

This issue I'm having with the new place and room sound isn't a complete dealbreaker, but it's just enough to push me over the edge, for today at least.

*a lot.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7484
    Just watched some of Bollinger's Premier Guitar demo of the Helix

eeeeeerrrrr..... what exactly is the official Line 6 position on this demo? :')

is Bohlinger a Fractal agent or something?!
    Completely agree - there must be times when manufacturers want to shake demonstrators warmly by the throat... 
    Red ones are better. 
    I find my experience with the Helix is a constant fight against the top end though
    Everything has sooooo much treble I spent most of my time trying to calm it down without eliminating it entirely
    Cabicular said:
    I find my experience with the Helix is a constant fight against the top end though
    Everything has sooooo much treble I spent most of my time trying to calm it down without eliminating it entirely
    To be honest i find that struggle just a part of my guitar playing life! You obviously have more experience with the Helix than i do but the few gigs I've used the amp models for I've put a high and low pass (17 high and 80 low).

Literally spent about 6 hours yesterday going around in circles with amp models. Every time i think i have a marshall dialled in i change pickups and the "squirrels" are back. They really need to fix that. I know it gets blamed on headphones and this and that and whatever but it really is present and it reaaaaally doesn't behave the way the real thing does. Sort it out Line 6 guys! Constant battle

Real life "squirrels" kinda mush together and sit differently in the decay. Its like you guys have put them under a microscope then sharpened them into super HD squirrels 

By the end of yesterday i was really liking the Bogner Shiva. Master high, drive barely on. Ill see if it still sounds good to me today. I really hate having to spend time pissing around with this stuff

I've got the high pass at 4.5k and still got the presence at 0 on the power amps
    Maybe it's my ears I have a Blackstar Artisan which I find ice pick bright but either it's faulty or I'm the only one in the world :(
    Cabicular said:
    I've got the high pass at 4.5k and still got the presence at 0 on the power amps
    Maybe it's my ears I have a Blackstar Artisan which I find ice pick bright but either it's faulty or I'm the only one in the world :(
    lol! jeez that is low.

if you want to record a dry clip i can do the same with the exact same settings as you to compare?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'm not using the cab models as Im straight into a power amp so all I could record would be micd
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24432
    On bass I'm finding the models very bright in conjunction with my real amp and cab. So I'm using the cabs mixed with direct to a very pleasing effect. I'm almost using the cab block as an EQ.

My stingray has fresh wound strings and is loaded with EMGs. It's a bright bass, but using cab models even though I'm using a real one is excellent.

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7807
    I've not found helix too bright.
    Actually I've pretty much got it sounding good across mist non fender models.

Master never above 7 and channel volume high. With lots of playing with sag and bias.

Also found rolling guitar volume to 8 nearly always helps make it sound better.

The tone I got for this month's solo of the month track was lovely to play through.

I'm slowly getting to be 100% happy with Helix! :)