Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28432
    I've not tried one, but I think you'll be OK connecting it with a normal patch lead on either the input or output (one will be reversed vs the other).
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2415
    That reminds me.... can you use a FS6 BOSS footswitch with the Helix in any way?
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Ext exp
    Possibly, but I don't think it'd give you anything that you can't do with the onboard footswitches - which also have the scribble strips and assignable colours.
    If you run out ofswotches
  • johnonguitarjohnonguitar Frets: 1243
    The Boss FV ends up with 100% sweep about the middle of its travel then gets less again towards the two. I've tried both L and H and all inputs and outputs

I'm thinking if just bothering my Line 6 expression pedal and throwing the pot into the boss
    The Boss FV ends up with 100% sweep about the middle of its travel then gets less again towards the two. I've tried both L and H and all inputs and outputs 
    What cable is that with?

I had the same from my Reflex until I changed it to TS mode.
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Seems more n more folks are ditching the helix and moving back to what they had before ie valve amp and pedals.....who'd have thunk it?
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2415
    siraxeman said:
    Seems more n more folks are ditching the helix and moving back to what they had before ie valve amp and pedals.....who'd have thunk it?
    On a related note - I wonder how many people are using the Helix to replace the amps (i.e. just going FOH), or using the an amp model with their physical valve amp, or just using it for FX....?

I'm personally most interested in just the FX with my amp - but I'd love to try out a way to get some of the amp models working through the physical amp as well :)
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7807
    siraxeman;1110188" said:
    Yup. Here, they are starting to stay in stock now and appear 2nd hand. As are fx8. I also saw that musik-produktive had 3 returns at one point.
    siraxeman said:
    Still a pretty small proportion of the people who've bought one - so more people have ditched their valve amps and pedals for a Helix than the reverse. But that's confirmation bias for you. ;)

And they probably have fairly regular gear swaps. Itchy wallet syndrome.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2016
    If or when I get mine it is FOR the amp models for recording that holds most appeal for me. ....for live useage as i stated a few pages ago if going 4CM i dont see what iI'd gain over my GT100. Sure you can have more fx due to having more physical footswitches but I'm no sick puppy i know teh real toanz meanz less is more with fx. Oh yes you know I'm righty. ;)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2016
    Maybe the hype is dying down now and a few months from now we'll see a massive drop in price used as the market saturates then the bubble starts to burst........might snatch a bargain down the line......especially after the new Helix X comes out......muhuha ha ha. ;) remember teh rulez for buying digital is wait and buy cheap latererer.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnny9fingersjohnny9fingers Frets: 17
    edited June 2016
    siraxeman said: Maybe the hype is dying down now and a few months from now we'll see a massive drop in price used as the market saturates then the bubble starts to burst........might snatch a bargain down the line......especially after the new Helix X comes out......muhuha ha ha. ;) remember teh rulez for buying digital is wait and buy cheap latererer.

Some of us have had our grand's worth out of it already. I may never bother upgrading unless I really can hear a perceptible difference in quality. I can't tell the difference in quality, for example, between 192 and tape, though they do sound a trifle
    different. I can't imagine most people's hearing can distinguish the difference either. We are rapidly hitting a wall. The wall is inherent in our senses and our physically perceptive abilities. We get to a point where the curve on this iteration of law of diminishing returns turns negative in terms of perceptual difference. Why throw money after the slightest upgrade costing twice as much? I mean, I once toured with a Rex50. It was the '80's, and I got compliments for my sound. The shame still lingers, obvs...but the point remains: we're getting close to the position where upgrading it makes no practical or perceptual difference, and therefore becomes unjustifiable in terms of cost.

• ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    siraxeman said:
    Maybe the hype is dying down now and a few months from now we'll see a massive drop in price used as the market saturates then the bubble starts to burst........might snatch a bargain down the line......especially after the new Helix X comes out......muhuha ha ha. ;) remember teh rulez for buying digital is wait and buy cheap latererer.
    They should call it the Double Helix.  :D
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7807
    edited June 2016
    siraxeman said:

Some of us have had our grand's worth out of it already. I may never bother upgrading unless I really can hear a perceptible difference in quality. I can't tell the difference in quality, for example, between 192 and tape, though they do sound a trifle different. I can't imagine most people's hearing can distinguish the difference either. We are rapidly hitting a wall. The wall is inherent in our senses and our physically perceptive abilities. We get to a point where the curve on this iteration of law of diminishing returns turns negative in terms of perceptual difference. Why throw money after the slightest upgrade costing twice as much? I mean, I once toured with a Rex50. It was the '80's, and I got compliments for my sound. The shame still lingers, obvs...but the point remains: we're getting close to the position where upgrading it makes no practical or perceptual difference, and therefore becomes unjustifiable in terms of cost.

100% agree - I can't see myself updating helix until: Its OOW and breaks or USB is no longer supported and I have to change computer... Both of which are likely to happen before sound quality dramatically improves. 
    I dunno.... I think they really need to fix up the "squirelly bits".

If they do, and do it soon, they could eventually put their rivals out of business. Needs sorted though
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4187
    I'll miss the quality of the f/X when mine sells, but my ears will be happier
    edited June 2016

Just needs wired up now :)

SP, BB, Nobels in loops 1, 2, 3 in that order. Vibronaut and Red Dirt out front. I'll raise the middle pedal, will probably be the Vibronaut.

Got a little bit of a solder job on the Boss FV tonight to make it work correctly with the Line 6 and I'm going to pop out and pick up a Diago micro power station whatsit to power the pedals.

Don't really think I can argue with this for a setup.

Wire it, power it, then stfu and play

Ps. That's a little patch bay under the BB and this is the Swan Flightcases Pedalboard Size 3 with Flightpanel option
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    get a pedal snake and run the power at the amp end :)
    think there is room for a wah if I have a slimmer EXP pedal