Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    John_A said:

Just been browsing the Helix IdeaScale forum to see what people are asking for, there is so little there of any great importance.  'A clean Boost'  Is that not what a gain block does ;)  'Loads more high gain amps'  you could always use the tone controls on the ones that are there. 

If nothing significant comes up then Line 6 will say 'Job Done' and to be fair to them it's not far off.  What would anyone like to see?

I'd like to see loads more high-gain amps.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Drew_fx said:

There's always one ;)
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Drew_fx said:
    John_A said:

Just been browsing the Helix IdeaScale forum to see what people are asking for, there is so little there of any great importance.  'A clean Boost'  Is that not what a gain block does ;)  'Loads more high gain amps'  you could always use the tone controls on the ones that are there. 

If nothing significant comes up then Line 6 will say 'Job Done' and to be fair to them it's not far off.  What would anyone like to see?

Yeah. And a clean boost. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24286
    I'd like some bass specific drives.
    I'd like some bass specific drives.
    Yeah in all seriousness, I'd love a Darkglass model in there.
  • So v3

1. Ability to mix snapshot, pedal and patch altogether on the pedalboard 

2. Assignable LFO's

3. Auto engage wah

4. Cornford Mk50, Friedman something or other, Dumble and a Super Reverb

5. Clean Boost pedal

6. New HD reverbs

7. BB Preamp, Nobels ODR-1, Darkglass and a couple of other goodies

8. MIDI clock thingy

9. Polyphonic tracking for POG type effects 

10. Ability to order pizza from home screen
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Think we're done?
  • Does anyone else not hate changing cabs mid song? or even mid gig. It really freaks me out. It freaks me out in real life too when using dual amp setups.
    Yeah, it's like switching studio monitors when mixing. Your ears become accustomed to one pair, and when you switch over to the other pair—"Gah!" Then ten minutes later after your ears get used to the other pair, you switch back, and "Baaarrrf!"

Another reason why All Presets Suck©. People just quickly cycle through a bunch of 'em and don't let their ears settle in.
    To be fair a lot of the presets are very usuable now! Anyone that says they aren't is deaf or a Fractal owner
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    So v3

That would be very useful, a lot of my patches are 3 Snapshots + 5 pedals and hitting the mode button to get to pedal 5 is a pain

5. Clean Boost pedal
    Is that not exactly like a gain block?  Unless it's something slightly coloured like a SHO or a Xotic EP

6. New HD reverbs
    With you there, we can then do some clips to tell the Fractal boys where to stick it!

Can never have too many drives

Would be great

Would be better than great!

• John_A said:
    So v3

That would be very useful, a lot of my patches are 3 Snapshots + 5 pedals and hitting the mode button to get to pedal 5 is a pain

5. Clean Boost pedal
    Is that not exactly like a gain block?  Unless it's something slightly coloured like a SHO or a Xotic EP

6. New HD reverbs
    With you there, we can then do some clips to tell the Fractal boys where to stick it!

Can never have too many drives

Would be great

Would be better than great!

Well yeah a clean boost is a gain block.... Kindaaaaaaaa. IMO a Keeley Katana sounds a lot different than a MXR Micro Amp.

im sure it can be argued this could be accomplished with eq but fuck it, someone else sort it out so I just need to turn it on!
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28273
    A UD Stomp block. Lots of DSP but worth it.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."

Well yeah a clean boost is a gain block.... Kindaaaaaaaa. IMO a Keeley Katana sounds a lot different than a MXR Micro Amp.

im sure it can be argued this could be accomplished with eq but fuck it, someone else sort it out so I just need to turn it on!
    A valid point, but then any boost that colours the sound isn't really a clean boost, if I had the choice of an EP, a SHO, a Katana or a CAE I Would be delving in to levels of the nit picking I'm happy to have left behind now I have the Helix.  

Thats what I like about it, it encourages you to play rather than fiddle, but appreciate more options are mostly a good thing :)
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1005
    edited August 2016
    Helix is great but here's my want list:

-much improved reverbs (top priority)
    -polyphonic pitch effects
    -midi clock
    -quantised looper as an option based on delay/global bpm settings
    -clean boosts
    -strobe tuning option
    -more fuzz pedals
    -eq blocks represented by an on screen graph like the global eq on the computer editor so you can see how you are adjusting things more clearly
    -thru zero flanger
    -onscreen pedal graphics (while adjusting parameters) with knobs that adjust in real time would be a nice touch and feel more natural (like on the fractal and zoom stuff)

having said all that....love Helix! It's pretty amazing and the change they've made already (especially smapshots) are brilliant. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    Another vote for a polyphonic pitch shifter ;)
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Yeah, polyphonic pitchshifter would be nice, I'd also like the verbs to be updated with a few more options added, Id also like to see them add a delay like the empress VMSD reverse mode 7. Would like to see cone to cap options added to the cab modelling. for dual cabs, Id also liek the option to put a ms delay on one of the cabs (sgear has this)  to thicken the sound or get better separation.

I don't want eq graphs or graphics of real pedals. Never been a fan of that. I think the current interface is spot on. 

• Yeah I think I'd cry if they started having little pictures of pedals come up on the screen. The individual effects feel enough like "real" gear already for me
    @teetonetal Could you not just stick a delay block before one of the cabs and do this?
  • There was a good video on the Facebook group where the guy was using two cabs, not dual, on seperate path. Think one was mic'd 57 and the other with a ribbon of sorts. Usual one dark, one punchy affair. But he was turning the reflections on one of the cans up and adding a reverb with ONLY the pre delay turned up a little then blended the two cabs together again.

to be fair it sounded pretty good but I'm way to lazy for that. Here's a tenner, give me an IR
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

I don't want eq graphs or graphics of real pedals. Never been a fan of that. I think the current interface is spot on. 

+1