Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28657
    Gear4Music, if you have a VIP account. But only by £11 - all the UK places seem to have the same price.

Which isn't at all suspicious.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ah, fair play, Thanks Sporky.
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Another question for those cleverer than myself ;)  If I set the Hi-Cut on a cab to 6K why does setting the global EQ high cut to 6K sound different?
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    John_A said:
    Another question for those cleverer than myself ;)  If I set the Hi-Cut on a cab to 6K why does setting the global EQ high cut to 6K sound different?
    Different dB slopes on the low-passes in each EQ maybe.
    Ah, fair play, Thanks Sporky.
    Actually, I only checked UK and Thomann, so there may be better prices. Still strong demand so I don't think you're likely to find any bargains yet.

Drew_fx said:
    John_A said:
    Different dB slopes on the low-passes in each EQ maybe.
    Even if they're the same you'll be stacking them, so if they're both (fer example) 6dB/octave then adding the global takes that to 12dB/octave which'd be an audible difference.
    Cheers, that makes sense
  • UnorthodoxUnorthodox Frets: 395
    Has anyone found a Helix cheaper than £1,224?

I was tempted to order it from Andertons on finance but that recent price increase post Brexit isn't encouraging me :/.

@Josh_Andertons don't suppose you have any deals or discount codes at all...

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Erm... yes, six posts ago.
    Sporky said:
    Erm... yes, six posts ago.
    Sorry Sporky, should've mentioned I did see that Gear4Music VIP price, but not too fond of their finance options.
    No probs!

The retailers seem to have closed ranks rather on this. I think the answer is to go for whoever has good service, free shipping and a finance arrangement that suits you.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
    No need to discount a product that sells out so fast.. seems supply still not equalling demand.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Don't think it's about 'closing rank' it's more about price matching, if retailer A discounts by £1 everyone else will follow, If you are buying you would probably get a better deal walking in to a shop and asking for a discount, that way the retailer doesn't have to advertise.  Internet shopping is the same price for everything, not just a Helix.
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1963
    Do any Helix users live in Kent (Sevenoaks area)? I'd very much like to hear / try it out using my amp.
    Order placed today with Dawsons.

Now to take some pictures for the classifieds of the pedals it'll be replacing, and spend time to think about how to run the Strymon trio with it.

Do I run them stereo (Mobius for fx loops 1&2, Timeline & Bigsky together for fx loops 3&4), or mono for everything with the Timeline taking up two fx loops for the feedback loop? Probably keep it mono for now, until I get a wet/dry/wet setup going.
  • Order placed today with Dawsons.

Now to take some pictures for the classifieds of the pedals it'll be replacing, and spend time to think about how to run the Strymon trio with it.

Do I run them stereo (Mobius for fx loops 1&2, Timeline & Bigsky together for fx loops 3&4), or mono for everything with the Timeline taking up two fx loops for the feedback loop? Probably keep it mono for now, until I get a wet/dry/wet setup going.
     Use send 1 and 2 for stereo. Go möbius, to Timeline to Big Sky then back into return 1 and 2.

if you are controlling them via midi it won't matter if they are all in the one stereo loop.

but in all seriousness, just sell them and go a holiday
  • @Teetonetal Have PM'd.
  • I'm moving to a new place soon and, with the thought that new housemates might not appreciate my ambient noodling at even reasonable hours, I nipped into a shop to try out a couple of modelling amps, most importantly modelling amps with effects and a headphone jack....and then I saw they stocked the Helix.

Tried it through basically a PA speaker and through headphones...and in both it sounded just fantastic.

Suffice to say I've put a refundable deposit down on a discounted ex-demo model.

I'm not going to sell my 65 DRRI, and I'll keep a couple of pedals, I've not gone completely tonto, but honestly one of these seems like it would tick a lot of boxes. Home use, use in front of the amp, use in an effects loop or even a PA/clean SS amp.

I love the ambient reverbs and delays on this, and the amp and dirt pedal emulations sound 1000 times better than I thought they would. All this and, once I get used to putting together presets, incredibly user-friendly when playing.

So yes. I've been sucked in to the Helix universe. I am a sucker.
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Welcome aboard
    lots of flexibility
    i love mine. I'd struggle to gig without it
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    You will not regret it. Totally cured (rather serious) pedal habit. It's a great device. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9602
    @BintyTwanger77 - welcome aboard the Modelling Train mate !!!

It can be life-changing when used right, as you know with my FX8. Where does it leave your Strymons ?