Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7432
    Drew_TNBD said:
    TimmyO said:
    <goes off to rename/number IRs this time...> 
    14a Renamer might help with that.
    Actualy I've just discovered that OSX lets you stick a  number on the front of existing filenames for a batch all in one go. Ding dong. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3044
    Am I right in thinking that there's no way to save/restore impulse response like you can presets?

R.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24355
    Looking at the notes - the editor and app are the same versions as last 2.20?

Do they need changing then?
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    I had noticed the volume knob issue - thought there was something wrong with my Helix, to the extent that I was about to contact Line6 about it.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7804
    Looking at the notes - the editor and app are the same versions as last 2.20?

Do they need changing then?
    Follow the notes.
    Check your version number in the editor - if it's 2.20 it doesn't need changing and you only need the new firmware.
    My editor was already v2.20, update worked flawlessly
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28373
    Yeah, MIDI is ancient. We use smoothing on all continuous parameter adjustments, whether they're controlled via expression pedal, Variax knobs, or MIDI.
    Darned clever.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Done the update. All good.

Can't wait for @Digital_Igloo to sort out the 1 click update automation with backups, Updates, Reload with IRs in the same slots etc.

That would be nice.

It would also cut down on American User Error!
  • I'm yet another recent convert. I've had a Kemper for a few years, which I love, but it's the form factor, workflow and computer editing that really make me like the Helix.  I'm yet to find a sound that blew me away the first time I tried the famous Morgan AC20 Kemper profile, but I've only scratched the surface of the Helix.

I've been learning a lot by playing around with other people's patches from the Line 6 website. which gets me thinking, with so many users on here, shall we start a Fretboard Helix Patch sharing thread with links to our patches, IRs, etc?
    I've gone and done this. http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/102444/the-helix-patch-sharing-thread?new=1
    Stupid rookie mistake.

All my presets sounding shite all of a sudden... I was fiddling for ages.

Then I remembered I was wearing very different headphones. Doh! 
  • Done the update. All good.

Can't wait for @Digital_Igloo to sort out the 1 click update automation with backups, Updates, Reload with IRs in the same slots etc.

That would be nice.

It would also cut down on American User Error!
    Ha! Yeah, most of the user error seems to be from our side of the pond.

Full state backup and restore is gonna be a while tho'—later in the year. The team that'll work on it is neck-deep in Helix Native, and sadly, we can't distract them now.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    May I say, what a complete faff and a very convoluted update procedure 
  • Doesn't look difficult though

If bass players can manage it, what does that say about Americans
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9554
    sweepy said:
    Mate, I found it really straight forward to be honest
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28373
    sweepy said:
    It isn't particularly complex - bear in mind the instructions cover both versions so look more complex.

Basically, save your patches, turn off other USB and streaming stuff, update the editor, update the unit, hold two buttons while you turn it on and load your patches again. Simples.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    edited April 2017
    Sporky said:
    sweepy said:
    It isn't particularly complex - bear in mind the instructions cover both versions so look more complex.

Basically, save your patches, turn off other USB and streaming stuff, update the editor, update the unit, hold two buttons while you turn it on and load your patches again. Simples.
    I know Sweepy is a Fractal user...

Basically Fractal Bot can handle backups, downloading firmware, and installing. All you have to do is power the unit off and on again when prompted.

Even if you don't back up you don't lose presets or IRs on the unit.

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7804
    Compared to the boss es updates helix is a doddle.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Doesn't look difficult though

Hey whoah!

Us bass players are meticulous in our accuracy. We manage to get through a whole song playing just a few notes repeatedly. Following methodical steps is fine for us.

I suspect the reason the updates go wrong is the number of guitarists adding an extra superfluous 150 steps and improvising their way all over a set of instructions that didn't need it...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Doesn't look difficult though

Hey whoah!

Us bass players are meticulous in our accuracy. We manage to get through a whole song playing just a few notes repeatedly. Following methodical steps is fine for us.

I suspect the reason the updates go wrong is the number of guitarists adding an extra superfluous 150 steps and improvising their way all over a set of instructions that didn't need it...
    What's more likely is the guitarists are learning how to do the first one or two steps then winging the rest of it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581

Hey whoah!

What's more likely is the guitarists are learning how to do the first one or two steps then winging the rest of it
    Lol - presumably distracted by all the girls they get at the same time. In their bedroom..
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214

Hey whoah!

Lol - presumably distracted by all the girls they get at the same time. In their bedroom..
    Bassist can get the Girls too
    Take Rick James for example .....