Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• Can you do it with a snapshot, so that the snapshot sets the impedance accordingly?
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Can you do it with a snapshot, so that the snapshot sets the impedance accordingly?
    I thought the same but I don’t know if the input impedance is snapshotable (if that’s a word)
  • Can you do it with a snapshot, so that the snapshot sets the impedance accordingly?
    Good idea. Will have a look this morning. Problem is I’ve went back to using 10 switches pedalboard style.
    Can you do it with a snapshot, so that the snapshot sets the impedance accordingly?
    Good idea. Will have a look this morning. Problem is I’ve went back to using 10 switches pedalboard style.
    That’s what I do most of the time but just switch into snapshot at the top row for certain bits then switch back to 10 on the floor
    how often are you switching the fuzz on and off during a song? Is it a pedal you toggle a lot?
  • Been playing with the Cosmos Echo today, through the loop of my amp. First time I've really had chance to spend any time with it. This is a great delay. It surpasses the Strymon El Capistan for me, it's got a really nice tail and just feels and sounds very good blended with the hall reverb with the high cut back on the reverb.

• Cabicular said:
    That’s what I do most of the time but just switch into snapshot at the top row for certain bits then switch back to 10 on the floor
    how often are you switching the fuzz on and off during a song? Is it a pedal you toggle a lot?
    It doesn’t get toggled at all usually lol. I just like it there for impromptu sound check Hendrix jam! Yes, I’m that guy
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    Cabicular said:
    It doesn’t get toggled at all usually lol. I just like it there for impromptu sound check Hendrix jam! Yes, I’m that guy
    In which case can't you have two copies of the patch and delete the fuzz block in one of them?  
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • siremoon said:
    Cabicular said:
    In which case can't you have two copies of the patch and delete the fuzz block in one of them?  
    Yeah totally, it’s not even a major problem, just wanted it like my pedalboard!
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited January 2018
    Any more news on the contents of the 2.5 firmware update? Will it be announced at Namm?

I read on the Helix forum that this next update could be controversial, no idea why though.

Perhaps instead of constantly adding new models Line 6 could start replacing them? The expected new reverbs would be better as replacements rather than extra models for example. I'm looking forward to hearing these.

The only couple of things I would like to see are a tweak to the CE-1 chorus, for me, the sweep doesn't quite go high enough when the rate is slowed. I would love to see the Courtesan Flanger updated to be based on the original sweeter sounding Electric Mistress rather than the Deluxe and I would love an Angry Charlie distortion.

• I want the filter effects from the m-series. So, so much.

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Any more news on the contents of the 2.5 firmware update? Will it be announced at Namm?

I read on the Helix forum that this next update could be controversial, no idea why though.

Perhaps instead of constantly adding new models Line 6 could start replacing them? The expected new reverbs would be better as replacements rather than extra models for example. I'm looking forward to hearing these.

The only couple of things I would like to see are a tweak to the CE-1 chorus, for me, the sweep doesn't quite go high enough when the rate is slowed. I would love to see the Courtesan Flanger updated to be based on the original sweeter sounding Electric Mistress rather than the Deluxe and I would love an Angry Charlie distortion.
    Beta folk know what's in 2.5 - and, by the sounds of it, it's going to surprise a few people.

I wouldn't want them replacing models; there aren't so many that the list is confusing (yet), and I'd rather they didn't start breaking people's patches.
    <space for hire>
    I want the filter effects from the m-series. So, so much.

The M series fx can’t use much memory compared to the Helix 
  • Cabicular said:

No excuse for not updating and adding the effects then? The reverbs were a straight port weren't they?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Cabicular said:

No excuse for not updating and adding the effects then? The reverbs were a straight port weren't they?
    Wouldn’t like to speculate but it wouldn’t be impossible
    Cabicular said:
    Cabicular said:

Wouldn’t like to speculate but it wouldn’t be impossible
    And for the record the screamer stacked into the facial fuzz was my core Frusciante drive sound for years when I did the Chillis tribute
    I dont knownif it’s pure nostalgia but there was a lot to like in the M series for me
  • Any more news on the contents of the 2.5 firmware update? Will it be announced at Namm?

Beta folk know what's in 2.5 - and, by the sounds of it, it's going to surprise a few people.

I wouldn't want them replacing models; there aren't so many that the list is confusing (yet), and I'd rather they didn't start breaking people's patches.
    Still trying to wonder what on Earth this surprise could be. anyone have any guesses?
    Any more news on the contents of the 2.5 firmware update? Will it be announced at Namm?

Still trying to wonder what on Earth this surprise could be. anyone have any guesses?
    What could it be?

A collaboration with Gibson?
    Remove of all current amps/cabs/effects models and restore back to POD 1 versions?
    A Rob Chapman signature Helix with all hi gain amps and a Miku? (you know we all want that)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    edited January 2018

What could it be?

A collaboration with Gibson?
    Remove of all current amps/cabs/effects models and restore back to POD 1 versions?
    A Rob Chapman signature Helix with all hi gain amps and a Miku? (you know we all want that)

Amplifier profiling

It's not a competition.
    Doesn't interest me one bit

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    I'd hope to see a decent harmoniser on the Helix.....otherwise i'll just have to shell out again for a Boss PS-6. That one in the Helix is weak IMO.