Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• I know I'm doing something really dumb but since I updated I don't have any foldback through my computer? From YouTube or anything like that even though it's selected as the audio interface. Any ideas?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's cool found it, USB destination in global had change
  • How easy is the helix to use with two amps?! Can you mute one output and effectively use it as an amp switcher or wet/dry?
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    How easy is the helix to use with two amps?! Can you mute one output and effectively use it as an amp switcher or wet/dry?
    Scoosh although budget for an isolator for one of the outputs in case of earth loops
    I use the lehle p switch because it also has a phase in error but bright onion do a cheap and cheerful one
  • I have a big shot aby (iirc) so that's covered. It'd be great to try run the thing in stereo.....

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Finally ordered a Helix and some speakers after they had sat in my basket for about six months.
    I'm really quite excited, currently use either a G2 board or an FX8 in 4CM.
    I have a big shot aby (iirc) so that's covered. It'd be great to try run the thing in stereo.....

I can’t run in mono any more
    i love the gray flanger in stereo
    its amazing
  • Question for @Digital_Igloo or perhaps someone else knows? Google didn’t ...

Does the helix’s midi out provide phantom power?
    Question for @Digital_Igloo or perhaps someone else knows? Google didn’t ...

99% sure it doesn’t 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paganskinspaganskins Frets: 276
    edited November 2017
    Cabicular said:
    Question for @Digital_Igloo or perhaps someone else knows? Google didn’t ...

99% sure it doesn’t 
    I suspected not, have a Wiz :)
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Cabicular said:
    I have a big shot aby (iirc) so that's covered. It'd be great to try run the thing in stereo.....

I can’t run in mono any more
    i love the gray flanger in stereo
    its amazing

Stereo is stupidly easy to achieve.

The hardest part is convincing the FOH guy to do it!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    There’s been some chatter about this elsewhere, and I think it’s been debunked, but since the 2.3 update everything is somehow sounding better. I’ve just been having a blast on my ‘most bases covered’ Mk4 Lead patch and it sounds great and somehow sweeter than before. 
    Loving the new Kinky Boost too!
    simonk said:
    There’s been some chatter about this elsewhere, and I think it’s been debunked, but since the 2.3 update everything is somehow sounding better. I’ve just been having a blast on my ‘most bases covered’ Mk4 Lead patch and it sounds great and somehow sweeter than before. 
    Loving the new Kinky Boost too!
    The standard response is ‘we are constantly improving the algorithms’
    They will never tell us what that means (probably a smart move as the internet has a tendency to backlash against changes)
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Haven't had the chance to upgrade yet, but looking forward to it, some great stuff in there.  Would be nice to A-B the same patch on different firmware and see if there's any audible difference, may record a few bits before I upgrade.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    John_A said:
    Haven't had the chance to upgrade yet, but looking forward to it, some great stuff in there.  Would be nice to A-B the same patch on different firmware and see if there's any audible difference, may record a few bits before I upgrade.
    That’s an interesting idea
    I haven’t updated my floor yet but I have the rack
    I might A/B my patches if I have time
    Paul H from Line 6 is coming round tonight and tomorrow to do some recording so I might do it then if we have time 
    Cabicular said:
    John_A said:
    Paul H from Line 6 is coming round tonight and tomorrow to do some recording so I might do it then if we have time 
    That would be great if you could.  Would save me the time and you play better than I do :)
    John_A said:
    Cabicular said:
    John_A said:
    That would be great if you could.  Would save me the time and you play better than I do :)
    Paul plays better than us both ...
    ^  Good call get him to do it :)
  • I think that sound wise 2.30 is the biggest jump I've heard since 2.0

the Plexi sounds very different both through IR's and stock cabs