What's Hot

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Or send it back for a new one
    Or that..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    edited December 2017
    Re: the update to 2.30, how do you back up your presets before installing the new editor? It's not clear to me from point 2 in L6's instructions: http://line6.com/support/topic/18284-latest-helix-firmware-230—nov-21-2017/

I'm on version 2.12 btw

____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    Run hx edit and back up the whole unit
    file > create backup IIRC
    much easier than it used to be
    Thanks @Cabicular ;
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    Let me know if you are having any problems 
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    @fnpt  it’s worth noting that if you want to see the new factory presets after updating to 2.3, be sure to uncheck the two factory preset checkboxes prior to restoring from the backup you made.
    @simonk Thanks, good point.
    ____
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    Cabicular said:
    Hmmm.  Surely if he's updating from 2.12 then the backup has to be done with the Helix Editor for 2.12 not HX Edit?  And it has to be done as an Export Bundle or one or more Export Setlists.

“He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    siremoon said:
    Cabicular said:
    Hmmm.  Surely if he's updating from 2.12 then the backup has to be done with the Helix Editor for 2.12 not HX Edit?  And it has to be done as an Export Bundle or one or more Export Setlists.

http://line6.com/support/topic/18284-latest-helix-firmware-230—nov-21-2017/

fairly explanatory ?

My bad
    for some reason my brain read 2:21
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    edited December 2017
    sgosden said:
    siremoon said:
    Cabicular said:

http://line6.com/support/topic/18284-latest-helix-firmware-230—nov-21-2017/

fairly explanatory ?

Indeed:

2. Use your CURRENT EXISTING Helix application to back up all of your presets and IRs (if you want to keep them). For example, if you're running Helix FW 2.12, your current Helix application version should be 2.12.

If you're updating a version earlier than 2.20 then you need to do it the old cumbersome way.  2.20 and later then you can use the new way which is much easier.

“He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited December 2017
    Just re-joined the Helix clan with my 2nd one! Having problems with S/PDIF output though.

I had a Helix earlier in the year and it ran fine though S/PDIF into Focusrite Saffire PRO14.

This new unit is troublesome though:

I have connected Helix SPDIF out to my Focusrite Saffire Pro 14, set Helix to Digital out  = SPDIF and sample rate is 48KHz. When I set the Saffire pro to Sync Source SPDIF and sample rate to 48KHz I get no sound but the meters are jumping about as though there is a loud signal passing through but I hear nothing, the Sync light doesn't illuminate on the Focusrite.

If I tun the Helix volume knob down to zero I get sync lock but no sound and the Focusrite meters show no activity

I tried a difference S/PDIF cable and got intermittent sound a for a few seconds then nothing, meters jumping about but no sound.

The Focusrite is connected to monitors and an iMac running MacOS High Sierra.

Helix sound output through 1/4 jacks an headphones is fine.

I have re-installed Helic FW 3.20 and reinstalled Focusrite Saffire Mixcontrol 3.7 again. The Saffire is working fine with all other audio sources.

Could the Helix digital path be faulty or have a bad S/PDIF out socket?
    Update on this issue. It's not an issue with the Helix. Apart from my Focusrite audio interface the only other device with a coax digital input is my Onkyo home theatre surround sound system. I tested the Helix by connecting it up to the home surround sound via digital S/PDIF and I receive digital audio fine audio from the Helix no problem. The issue appears to be with the Focusrite Saffire end of things.

You should have seen wife's face while I inteerrupted I'm a Celebrity with a rendition of Status Quo's Paper Plane through the Helix Plexi preset into the lounge surround sound! I went off piste and improvised a wailing guitar solo and added the fuzz from that preset just to really piss her off.

Now to figure out hat the hell is wrong with the audio interface...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cabicular said:
    Logically it does look to me like an input monitoring issue on the focusrite
    if you are getting meter jumps and no audio
    do you have another digital output you can put into the focus rite to eliminate it?
    You're right @Cabicular not an issue with the helix but it's at the Focusrite end.

Cabicular said:
    do you have another digital output you can put into the focus rite to eliminate it?
    You're right @Cabicular not an issue with the helix but it's at the Focusrite end.
    Does it record any audio when you hit record?
    does the software monitoring work in the DAW?
  • Cabicular said:
    Cabicular said:
    I've yet to test recording into Logic, that's next.

Cabicular said:
    Cabicular said:
    I've yet to test recording into Logic, that's next.
    From the look of it, it doesn’t appear to be doing the hardware input monitoring
    i dont know those interfaces though so beyond that I can’t really help :)
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
      You should have seen wife's face while I inteerrupted I'm a Celebrity with a rendition of Status Quo's Paper Plane through the Helix Plexi preset into the lounge surround sound! I went off piste and improvised a wailing guitar solo and added the fuzz from that preset just to really piss her off.
    If you was any good she'd actually have been impressed! ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Is there a way to have the Fuzz Face at the start of my chain but a “true bypass” version so it doesn’t make everything sound shit when it’s off?

i tried putting it on a parallel path but the auto sense still puts the entire chain at 10ohms.

setting the input at 1m ohm makes everything sound great but the fuzz is too bright
    Is there a way to have the Fuzz Face at the start of my chain but a “true bypass” version so it doesn’t make everything sound shit when it’s off?

i tried putting it on a parallel path but the auto sense still puts the entire chain at 10ohms.

setting the input at 1m ohm makes everything sound great but the fuzz is too bright
    Known issue this one
    i think there is an idea scale to fix it by maybe letting the fuzz change the impedance when it is on
  • Cabicular said:
    Is there a way to have the Fuzz Face at the start of my chain but a “true bypass” version so it doesn’t make everything sound shit when it’s off?

Known issue this one
    i think there is an idea scale to fix it by maybe letting the fuzz change the impedance when it is on
    Ahh ok. That sucks. Cheers!