Films you refuse to watch.

What's Hot

Comments

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    I found Salo a peculiar watch, and A Serbian Film was disturbing on many levels, although primarily because things like that (and worse I'd wager) occur every day somewhere.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    ICBM said:
    bingefeller said:

Anything with Scarlett Johansson.  I have an irrational hate for her.  I really, really can't stand her shitty acting or her voice.
    She was OK in Girl With A Pearl Earring, but that's because Colin Firth did all the acting in that and she didn't say much. Otherwise I tend to agree.

I forgot Adam Sandler too. Possibly the least funny man ever to appear on screen.

Wise words as always, ICBM.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434

I refuse to watch this as I know the way it ends would completely kill me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2112
    I definitely wouldn't watch Wolf Creek again *shudder*

Generally big crappy Hollywood blockbuster explosion type stuff too unless it has decent reviews.
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4213
    All gorey horror films! Especially Saw etc. apart from that, will watch most stuff apart from star fucking wars!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11410
    Films where you have to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a bog-standard seat in front of a small-ish screen with the volume too loud and some inbred behind you either using their phone, talking or eating something that smells like it came out of the "failed" pile from the medical experimentation lab.

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22518
    If I think a film is going to be shit, I will still watch it so I can inform myself as to the level of shitness. 

If we're talking film tastes then I don't watch horror because seeing people being chopped up isn't particularly entertaining, enjoyable, or artistically/spiritually uplifting. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    It can sometimes be fun to watch a really crap film just so you can pick holes in it and generally rip it apart.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    d8m;700199" said:
    I refuse to watch this as I know the way it ends would completely kill me.
    Book is really really good matey.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    Tarantino - arty ultraviolence.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    It feels like the reality of Life, and 24 hour news,  have trumped the ability of films like Saw (to shock and create Horror)

I do seek out movies such as 12 Years a Slave, and Schindler's List as, er......a reminder.

• Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    Liam Neeson, Nicholas Cage, Kevin Bacon,  3 actors I avoid watching if possible. Although Schindlers List is awesome and can be excused. Samuel L Jackson making his way onto my list too.

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Anything with Jim Carrey in it.
    That means you'll miss The Number 23 ... which, unlike almost everything else he's done is brilliant.
    Sassafras said:
    It can sometimes be fun to watch a really crap film just so you can pick holes in it and generally rip it apart.
    I often find that some of the worst films deserve the least criticism... simplw film with a simple premise doesn't have much to f*** up with. Big hollywood numbers with convoluted and complicated plots have all sorts of things to trip themselves up on. My one demand with any real fiction is this - if you tell me that X event must always happen Y way, then it should do that later in the film and not forget that you told us that... don't want to trip yourself up? Then don't give that sort of exposition! I don't care if if you have flying magic snails, vampires that sparkle, whatever... as long as you keep to the premise YOU set.

Netflix is full of low-budget films... many of which are terrible - but every now and then you find some gems, so it's always worth a look.
    Sambostar said:
    Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Sleepy Hollow etc etc.  Basicially anything that is 3 hours long apart from Apocalypse Now.
    Harry Potter and Sleepy Hollow in the same mini-list... such a terrible shame. I weep for our cinematic future.

Dirty Dancing and Annie.  Both relate really horrendous memories for me and honestly I would sooner do a life sentence for murder than let anyone subject me to watching that shit. 

In a slightly more measured and critical answer I will not watch anything made by Uwe Boll and it has nothing to do with the fact he looks like a real life Forrest Gump -

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/features/uwe2.jpg 

Ewe Boll made a little publicity recently thanks to his attempts to crowdsource the funding for a film of his... his video response ranted at Hollywood, Investors, crowd sourcing contributors, and finally even his own fans... which hopefully will mean he'll never successfully get funding for a movie again... 

Neil said:
    Anything fantasy, sci fi, musicals, rom coms, or martial arts really.
    No Conan? No Ghostbusters, Jurassic Park or Event Horizon? No Sweeny Todd? No Sean Of The Dead? No Kung Fu Hustle or The Matrix? 

There must be so many fails in your cinematic life. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12449
    I'm intrigued by Come and See but will never go to see, looks fucking bleak

"OUR TOSSPOT"
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72951
    Sleepy Hollow is great, even if it is another stereotypical Johnny Depp part - Christina Ricci, Miranda Richardson and Michael Gambon are great, and he-who-must-not-be-named-unless-you've-seen-it is magnificent :).

Sweeney Todd was amazing too, and I don't normally like musicals. Depp's greatest performance, I think. It's unusual to find yourself cheering for a murderous psychopath.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

I watched Event Horizon. I never want to repeat that mistake again. Really awful.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Sweeney Todd was really good. Probably the only musical I've ever enjoyed.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    all of them. no, wait, I don't actually refuse to watch them, but I really can't be bothered with going to see them.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Sassafras;699915" said:
    Anything with Christian Bale or Clive Owen.
    No Batman or Closer, that's a big loss for me.

• jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 467
    Any of the Human Centipede films. I'm okay with horror usually but the idea of those films sickens me enough that I'll just avoid them.