The Rugby Union Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• tbmtbm Frets: 582
    Saints need a big win tonight and someone else (can't remember off the top of my head) needs to be battered massively.

So I think Saints will be out after the weekend has finished.

I think you are right, Leinster will get more than one point, though i think you can do your bit by getting a bonus point win. Good luck.
    Ospreys give us the willies BIG TIME! They've pooped the party at the RDS too many times down the years for me to be anything but nervous about this. I reckon Dan Biggar loves playing us away. They're generally close games, but even a losing BP has us going through as group winners though. Also, there's no Shane/Bowe etc and the Ospreys backline - save for Biggar - while exciting, aren't that inspiring. Still, The O's back are fantastic and I fully expect AWJ to have them pumped for this.

Should we win, bar a miracle we'll be in France for the QFs. I'm hoping for Toulouse. Seems mad to be thinking that but rather them then Clermont or Tulon.

Leicester V Ulster though, that's the game of the weekend.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    bertie said:
     with one exception
    So which was the good 'un?

• bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    Northampton beating Leinster 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Been a few good games as far as I am concerned, enjoyed Toulouse V Saracens for one.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2014
    bertie;135706" said:
    Northampton beating Leinster 
    Thought that might have been it alright.

Ulster v Leicester at Ravenhill was great. Toulouse v Sarries, Toulouse v Connacht, Castres v Leinster. Racing v Clermont. Northampton v Leinster. Been a few if you ask me. It's great if games have loads of skill n all, but I like tense games. As long as they don't involve Leinster.

• Ref just handed game to Leinster  !!!!
    Terrible game. I want to see the stamp again but regardless the incident ruined the match. And yet it still took Leinster 70mins to dispatch Ospreys. They left a few tries behind and they'll never have it so easy against the Os.

only cos it was totally unexpected, and a real "man up".

Not sure I watched the Toul/Saries  game.............
    edited January 2014
    Watched the Evans stamp again. Not much arguing with it. He stamps down with pressure with a man on the ground. Tipuric or somebody else, can't tell, is at the back of the maul, pumping his legs, and as soon as he felt something other then the ground, he stopped.

Leinster knocked on at least 4 times with the try line there. Total white line fever.

Still, we're through.

• Well Ian Evans was definitely stamping down on player on ground, whether he could see it was head is pure conjecture on anyone's part. Players bound to him in front and behind he may look down but can he see anything or just the back of his own players? As for Cullen, a deliberate stamp on a player in open play that no one failed to see, and nothing not even a penalty. I think Leinster are a better side with a lot more depth than Ospreys who are in disarray to be honest. They deserved their win, but the way it was handed to them on a plate by ref was sickening to a rugby supporter. yes i am Welsh but not a ospreys fan as not my area.
    Aye, Poite is a shockingly bad ref. it's not the first game I've seen him balls up.

I'm just here watching the Leicester v. Ulster highlights. They need to clone Nigel Owens. Such a pragmatic official. Not perfect, but comfortably the best ref around.

• tbm said:
    Aye, Poite is a shockingly bad ref. it's not the first game I've seen him balls up.

I'm just here watching the Leicester v. Ulster highlights. They need to clone Nigel Owens. Such a pragmatic official. Not perfect, but comfortably the best ref around.

That Ulster vLeicester game was a fantastic advert for NH rugby, hammer and tongs at it from one end to the other. Having an official that understands the game is handy too. Great game.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/25827086

<Applauds very loudly> !!!!!!!!
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Jon - Uncle Sam - Eve will be happy if it happens,    
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24529
    I bet Ashton has a poster of George North in his bedroom & goes to sleep chanting "I wish I was like him, I wish I was like him"
  • I think it's England's year to be honest. Got a lot of youngsters coming through, solid pack, with good set piece. If Wales are in top 3 at end of 6nations I will be happy.
    I think it's England's year to be honest. Got a lot of youngsters coming through, 
    if they get picked !!
    Given Wales injury woes I can't see them retaining the title, though there's a few game breakers still there - North, Tipuric, Roberts -  so you never know. If Lydiate comes back from Paris pissed off I think he should be given a run too. I know I'm hoping Sexton is livid at how shit his team has been and channels that energy into the green jersey.

I also think it'll be England though. It's been coming, and I really rate Lancaster. The players seem to really show up for him - save for Cardiff last March!

Ireland and France will battle it out for 3rd and 4th. Scotland 5th and Italy 6th. Personally, all I want to see is a coherant gameplan and some consistancy from Ireland. And the ability to change things if they're not going our way. Schmidts Leinster could do that.

I feckin love the 6 Nations!!!

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    tbm said:

I feckin love the 6 Nations!!!

Wisdom for that bit.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24529
    It's official!

Ashton's been dropped!!