Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Have you guys ever added up the value of your gear?

What's Hot

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3594
    When I had the larger PA and lights included it got a bit scary. I had well over a grand in mics in a briefcase!
    Proper hosepipe thick speaker leads and mic leads were worth getting up to that as well.

These days I've owned some of my stuff for decades and the purchase price and current values have gone every which way. I paid £175 for a used strat in 1981 and at the very least you could stick a 1 in front of that today. But if you don't intend to sell it what does it matter.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20;732381" said:
    Ah OK :)

People keep saying I need a valve amp for my PRS lol
    Nah, if you like the tones you get, don't get suckered in by marketing. If you sound good it's good.

I've heard the virtues of boutique valve amps and frankly none have blown me away yet. The main amps to blow me away are mesa dual recs, peavey 6534+/6505 and some fender combos (68 Princeton is my most recent, though I must try the 68 vibrolux custom).
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11884
    thomasross20;732381" said:
    Ah OK :)

Get yourself a J20, STAT.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kelv_wkelv_w Frets: 260
    Nerine said:
    A quick estimate of current stuff including studio bits. £30-40k :(

The whole list of stuff over the last 20 odd years? Probably nearing £80,000.

Retarded.
    Phew I don't feel so bad now. 
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 846
    edited August 2015
    Can't remember how much I paid for a lot of it, but I know the insurance value.

It's in 5 figures, and that terrifies me.

No, I'm not telling any of you lot where I live.
    No Idea what my total spend over the years is - but I know what my current gear cost, and mines well into 5 figures as well - a quick tot up on things I can see is £15k so...... 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10434
    crunchman said:
    Aha, another Blackstar user!! I've got the ID260 but then I don't mic up. Think they sound pretty good and no hassle with valves. I thought you'd have been a valve guy (unless I'm wrong and the HT5 does have valves... )
    HT5 does have valves.  There is one preamp valve and a valve power section (12BH7 I think).

Admittedly there was a lot of talk in the amp forum on here about the marketing because it's marketed as valve but strictly speaking it's hybrid.
    I think it uses an opamp to boost the signal in a clean way and some diodes that clip to prevent the opeamp boosting the voltage beyond a point the valve can handle, I've never looked at the schematic but remember @ICBM saying something like that .... could be wrong. 

But yes a small amp but lovely valve distortion and so cheap. I earnt  more money gigging last weekend than the 2 amps cost me :) As gigs are pretty much my only income it's a case of maximizing their earning potential so the last thing people like me do is spend money on gear. Luckily if something goes wrong electronically I can fix it but like most guys who gig a lot I wouldn't entertain gigging anything that wasn't 100% reliable anyway, even when it's  used outside it's comfort zone. 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Quick guesstimate is about £3K on guitar/FX/Amp gear. And probably the best part of another grand on VST's.

Bit of a wedge considering I'm purely a bedroom widdler these days. But I like to use nice kit recording my cruddy little tunes, so what the fuck :D
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • I've just added it all up - where the f*$k did I find the £12K from???
  • I'm glad there are a fair few who have spent more than me, I must admit..!!
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    edited August 2015
    6 Guitars @ £900 
    4 Amps @ £800 
    30 pedals, all but 2 are s/h so say £600
    Now here's the scary bit....... odds & ends, pic's leads, mic's, stands, pups 'n other miscellaneous shit, I would say another £600.

Nigh on £3k for gear......... fuck me I hope she never does the maths ;))
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Noooo, it's a trap lads ! Mumsnet have clearly infiltrated us and are trying to catch us out !
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yep - currently fuck all! ;)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22999
    Anyone feeling bad about how much they've spent, just divide it by the number of years you've been playing.

There.  Not too unreasonable at all really, is it?

• VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    probably just over 9K, bit hard to tell exactly as some of it is slightly esoteric. That's just going on what I paid for it or what it is worth now if there's a marked difference. Just guitars & 4 amps, and it all gets used. 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7781
    I just added it up, only 16k. Way more fun than buying a new car.
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    i added up roughly for the house insurance over the phone....he stopped me at 18 grand....i never even added my amps...lol.....i fairly shocked really..
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLin;732620" said:
    [quote="thomasross20;732381"]Ah OK :)

Get yourself a J20, STAT.[/quote]

No don't, you play 80s - modern style rock at loud volume.

You need a jet city.

Or, if you really like how the id sounds, stick with it and trust your ears more than the Internet. I've heard your playing in videos and frankly that speaks for itself.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26665
    Yowsers. I just added up the insured value of everything in the band - north of £25k when we're on stage, and we don't even have a PA.

Just over half of that is my gear.

The only consolation is that once I've sold my Soldano, it'll come down to 4 figures...until I get my new guitar from Jaden.
    <space for hire>
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited August 2015

Double post 
  • RaymondLin;732620" said:
    [quote="thomasross20;732381"]Ah OK :)

Get yourself a J20, STAT.[/quote]

No don't, you play 80s - modern style rock at loud volume.

You need a jet city.

Or, if you really like how the id sounds, stick with it and trust your ears more than the Internet. I've heard your playing in videos and frankly that speaks for itself.
    What a nice comment - thank you!