Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Gear you sold and now miss

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• dindude said:
    Very little really. I've bought and sold, like most on here, an inordinate amount of gear but once I've decided to move it on I lose the connection with it. Having said that, this DC Les Paul Goldtop was a great guitar, I just wish I could get on with the LP shape!

Yep I wish I'd kept that too @dindude :(
    Money troubles hit me hard when I had to let that go.

I'll never forgive myself for trading my Gibson Custom ES-335 Satin Black though.
    Really wish I could roll the clock back for that one...
    Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    My two were both sold after splitting with my ex and needing the cash, I had a MIJ telecaster in blonde I had to sell and it was lovely.

The other was a Washburn Strat type thing in spalted maple, lovely guitar and looked amazing.
  • Skipped said:
    Just my first amp. A Selmer combo with the Crocodile finish. I would love to have that now.

A Zodiac Twin Fifty?

I had one of those...wish I still had it...now, that IS a regret! :(

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    I regret selling my drumkit - it wasn't a top of the line kit or anything, but it was nice and I like playing drums. When I look back through old photos there are a few pedals I liked a lot and I can't exactly remember why I sold them, but I'm sure I had my reasons.

Actually there's a lot more stuff that I regret buying - either because it turned out to be no good for me or because I did eventually sell it and didn't miss it when it was gone. If I could go back in time, I'd give my younger self a list of gear that really served me well and was a good purchase and just tell him to go with that, don't bother about all the experimenting with new pedals/ amps because I did all that for him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • A Westbury Standard I sold to @Sarge
    A Silverface Fender Twin Reverb
    An EHX Freeze
    And funnily enough, a Danelectro PB&J delay are all things things that I'd be happy to have again. I don't miss them as such because I have moved on and got other gear I like as much/be more practical.
  • Fuck me..........

Tokai paisley tele

Tokai spag logo gold strat

Jerry Donahue sig tele jap

1983 57' jap RI

Early JV tele butterscotch

Jeff Beck strat

and all on the same fuckin' day.................

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5186
    edited September 2015
    Hand built acoustic with my initials (by chance) on the headstock (pics later) and my Blackstar Artisan 15 combo

This thread got me thinking to items on here that were in the Classifieds that I regretted not buying....another thread maybe :)
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11470
    The only one I really regret selling was a 1998 PRS McCarty with a rosewood neck. I've got other really good guitars (partly funded by that sale) but I did like that one.

I also regret selling a Mk1 Marshall Bluesbreaker pedal. I refuse to pay what they are going for now to get another. I might build myself a clone sometime.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27234
    edited September 2015
    I don't regret selling my SG, as I was a student, had just bought my CS336, and needed food more than I needed 2 Gibsons, but I miss it and would buy back in a heartbeat (PLEASE let me know if you or someone you know bought a 2003 SG Special with graph tech saddles and his cox case in 2006 from eBay!)

The Jazzmaster I regret selling, as it was a great guitar, sold only to buy a nice-but-generic chinese Burny which felt like a great idea but only got played for 1 gig before the band split. Whereas I recorded our best track on that JM. But I wouldn't buy it back because I'd really like to build a dream-spec JM from MJT and that'll probably be my next guitar.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires